What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Wonder if UAE will sell the Mirage-2000s to Egypt for cheap when they are not needed or if they will be sold to another country.

The Egyptian crews take a large number of hours on virtual war simulators programs (produced locally), in addition to the training hours they take in reality from military data or war projects, which simulate the Egyptian doctrine in armored fighting and that does not depend on what is provided to it from eastern training programs Or just western...

333333333333333333333333333322222222222222222222222.jpg

And that was way back, even pre-2010 or going back even further. Without knowing or looking it up officially, you can just tell by that awful egg-splatter camo they wore for that period. The color was horrendous as well as that egg-splatter pattern.

Funny I used to know an retired US Army tanker named Dave. He served in Iraq IIRC and was very knowledgeable about all things armored and obviously the Abrams since he wasn't a commander on one, he was one of the tank grunts who worked the gun if I'm not mistaken (it's been a while) but this "tanknutdave" dude reminds me of him!

Of these 1005, Egypt is having 755 M1A1 up-grade to the M1A2 SEP
http://www.tanknutdave.com/component/content/article/5

So this is pretty interesting. While the link doesn't work for me, but assuming there's truth to that, this is quite the step. It also makes you wonder if the US played some of their CAATSA stuff on the 500 T-90MS contract with Russia to produce them in Egypt and in return, they would make this upgrade which frankly is pretty huge. But I do believe the T-90MS contract was signed before CAATSA was issued, although it's hard to tell or remember when and if they actually did sign that deal! Good stuff, as usual.

And that was way back, even pre-2010 or going back even further. Without knowing or looking it up officially, you can just tell by that awful egg-splatter camo they wore for that period. The color was horrendous as well as that egg-splatter pattern.

Funny I used to know an retired US Army tanker named Dave. He served in Iraq IIRC and was very knowledgeable about all things armored and obviously the Abrams since he wasn't a commander on one, he was one of the tank grunts who worked the gun if I'm not mistaken (it's been a while) but this "tanknutdave" dude reminds me of him!

So this is pretty interesting. While the link doesn't work for me, but assuming there's truth to that, this is quite the step. It also makes you wonder if the US played some of their CAATSA stuff on the 500 T-90MS contract with Russia to produce them in Egypt and in return, they would make this upgrade which frankly is pretty huge. But I do believe the T-90MS contract was signed before CAATSA was issued, although it's hard to tell or remember when and if they actually did sign that deal! Good stuff, as usual.
The deal for the T-90MS where Egypt will manufacture the battle tanks under license was signed in June 2020.. but we didn't hear the US complaining..

article_5efffd8f8b2e40_41878927.png

Those flying and swimming tanks ..you know

Image-3-T-90S-Main-Battle-Tank.jpg

Image-1-T-90S-Main-Battle-Tank.jpg

The Egyptian Abrams, which is manufactured in Egypt, is technically and practically better than the American version M1A1 and is almost close to the M1A2. The special Egyptian version is developed with armor from tungsten equivalent to the armor of depleted uranium, in addition to European electronics and fire control devices that brought the tank to a higher level than the American M1A1 and this is confirmed by the statement of the Egyptian Minister of Military Production.

As for the development to M1A2 sep, it was made locally by Egypt as well

this is a link that works it a book you can just zoom in on that page

This is the M1A2 SEP
m1a2-001.jpg

https://i.redd.it/17rqhumx3ik31.jpg

Egypt always make a special version of its weapon systems an that is based on expertise gained from its war experiences..

Last edited:
The deal for the T-90MS where Egypt will manufacture the battle tanks under license was signed in June 2020.. but we didn't hear the US complaining..

article_5efffd8f8b2e40_41878927.png

Hence why I mentioned it because the orange baboon signed CAATSA into law in August of 2017 and Egypt & Russia made a lot of deals after that date, yet we never heard the US complaining about any of them until the Su-35SE came into the picture lol.

Honestly they should just stop with that silly law which was basically orientated at Iran, North Korea and Russia itself. So leave the others out of it even if they are dealing with Russia.

Hence why I mentioned it because the orange baboon signed CAATSA into law in August of 2017 and Egypt & Russia made a lot of deals after that date, yet we never heard the US complaining about any of them until the Su-35SE came into the picture lol.

Honestly they should just stop with that silly law which was basically orientated at Iran, North Korea and Russia itself. So leave the others out of it even if they are dealing with Russia.
I totally agree..
My guess is that tanks and other small deals like helicopters and even Mig-35 and S-300 V4 are acceptable somehow compared to what Usrael has and think they can deal with that relatively easily.. but S-400 and SU-35SE are considered too tough to deal with..
Their problem any way..they just had to provide the latest US air defenses and stealth warplanes to Egypt too.. otherwise they knew this was going to happen..

You know what I don't get, why does America allow Turkey to integrate missiles made in country on their F-16s but seems more reluctant allowing other countries to do it? I guess its because Turkey is in NATO but frankly it makes me mad.

Imagine what Halcon could do with the Egyptian F-16s if given permission...

Nasef and the Thunder P-32 would add good capabilities to the EAF that are unbound by ITAR not to mention the many projects in the pipeline...

This is speculation based on Egypt buying the 30 new Rafale.. but we know they are different deals..and since no official from both countries has said that.. the deal is still on..since it is a package..and all they are saying is that the deal is not expected soon.. meaning it s still expected..like the rest of the package deal..

Eurofighter-Typhoon.jpg

You know what I don't get, why does America allow Turkey to integrate missiles made in country on their F-16s but seems more reluctant allowing other countries to do it? I guess its because Turkey is in NATO but frankly it makes me mad.

Nasef and the Thunder P-32 would add good capabilities to the EAF that are unbound by ITAR not to mention the many projects in the pipeline...
Yes it is because it is part of NATO.. and that comes with some privileges not available to non-members..

Dang those are such gorgeous birds! The whole thing, particularly the radome to the cockpit and canopy to the canards and their very visible hinge, to the square intakes and of course, the delta wings. The front is just like no other.

I'll be ok either way, if they decide not to get them or if they do. I'm in the rarer camp where the variety is a good thing and not that infamous "logistical nightmare" loool. I see a lot of benefits to having those on top of the Rafales and the F-16s as well as two of the current best Russian fighters. What they can have and do and the potential is actually a really good thing IMO.

You have to go back to the early 80's to understand how that whole thing came to be. With the signing of Camp David and peace accords with Israel, the US wanted to get even closer to Egypt and create a regional partner for a long time. So what they offered was that same F-16 assembly line with all the goodies and benefits that the Turks get in exchange for a full-fledged US military base in Egypt, somewhere along the eastern coast of the Red Sea. They saw it as a huge strategical advantage to base their center of Middle East military operations from. Problem is, Egypt (and at the time this was actually Mubarak so give him credit for it) told them NOPE, sorry. As enticing as the F-16 assembly & production line would be, he couldn't give up any -- of what would amount to -- Egyptian sovereignty for that. I remember reading the US' reaction which was that of surprise as they thought Mubarak would just give in to any US demands and instead, he gave them a firm no.

What happens next is what you mentioned. The assembly line ends up in Turkey for the exchange of Incirlik air base or whatever it's called and that's where in lies the history of the F-16 assembly line in the ME. SO Egypt could've had it easily, but saw the price it had to pay was too high and not worth it.

What's interesting to see is what will happen to this huge and frankly very powerful fleet of F-16s in the EAF. They're still the backbone of the air force just by their numbers and capabilities. But it's not the AIM-120 that is the main issue. The main issue is where does that aircraft go from here in the EAF? Will there be any new and relevant upgrades offered or requested and accepted with the slew of newer, modern and better aircraft WITH BVR capabilities? Will the US accept some form of upgrade that would make it worthwhile to the EAF to keep them and use them for another 15 years? Or are we seeing the end of the venerable F-16 in the EAF?

Once we know the answer to that really important question, then we can figure out if the EAF would even be allowed to integrate HALCON munitions on them. There's also the question of the radar. Without the latest and greatest, many of those newer PGMs and BVR A2A will not be performing at their optimum capabilities. So much to worry and think about with those damn F-16's ma man!

Last edited:

They usually get alot of backlash for that due to Trump's dumb decision in 2017 but it should have applied on these it was intended for and not expanded it to friendly territories.. This could make people buy more eastern technology and away from their market or people turn to local productions which is actully proving to be far superior trend nowadays and an emerging markets. The defense industry in the region is flourishing thanks to UAE and some others who have followed suit. This was all inspired by Turkey. Some other countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan also have their own advanced defense industries the defense industries are flourishing currently a great example is UAE with EDGE and Halcon.. SAMI is also doing some ambitious moves to make a great leap.

defense industries are flourishing currently a great example is UAE with EDGE and Halcon
Haha can't believe you think it is flourishing now, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Halcon has already hired at the minimum 20 employees(likely double that as this is just a careful estimation) and many interns since IDEX in Feburary which is incredible growth. I wouldn't be surprised if we see 5+ new minor and major projects from Halcon by Dubai Airshow in November with this growth rate.

This can be very beneficial for Egypt if the opportunity is there.

Last edited:
Haha can't believe you think it is flourishing now, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Halcon has already hired at the minimum 20 employees(likely double that as this is just a careful estimation) and many interns since IDEX in Feburary which is incredible growth. I wouldn't be surprised if we see 5+ new minor and major projects from Halcon by Dubai Airshow in November with this growth rate.

This can be very beneficial for Egypt if the opportunity is there.

Indeed. The expansion of HALCON was always bound to happen because they have been over-active since IDEX and an increase in productions was hardly a surprise just due to the amount of new releases they released.. There is a market there for Egypt and not only Egypt but aslo for the other GCC members without any pre-attachments

Back
Top Bottom