What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

French allow integration of foreign munitions on the Mirage-2000s, and Russians do too like in the SU-30MKI.
France does that because it is an old system and Russia because India bought more than 200 SU-30 from it..

That's so true, even I was surprised to be perfectly honest with you. Not to take anything away from the Greeks and this excellent and worthy indigenous creation, boats of that nature and style are not comparable to items like large frigates and things of that sort. So the impression level was not as much as something like the MAKKEDON. Now that was surprising for sure (but one can see why they were pushing for it considering they claimed it to be superior to the Turkish SOM or whatever and the competition was a large incentive for them to put that CM together, despite the stoppage) and what a shame that they had to halt its development. Undoubtedly because of the financial crisis that hit Greece a lot harder than any of the other European countries and it's still recovering very slowly till this day.

Now this would be one heck of a HUGE opportunity for Egypt to purchase the ENTIRE program from the Greeks and just cruise away with it (no pun intended) and build Egypt's own, indigenous program. If there was ever a sign to be read on a silver platter offered to one right in front of their kisser, this is it!
Greece was accepted in the Arab league as an observer just yesterday..:-)

https://greekcitytimes.com/2021/07/12/greece-observer-arab-league/

Surprise! surprise!

DEFEA 2021 Greece Defense and Security Exhibition opened today..

A high-powered laser weapon supplied by the Greek company Soukos Robots

1626204688034.png

Greek scout RX-3plus
1626203415919.png

The Hoplite is based on a heavy-duty, mine-resistant, heavy-duty military-optimized chassis with a fully protected cabin. The vehicle is produced by the Greek EODH as the country's first standard multi-role vehicle

1626202207921.png

1626202220782.png

Last edited:
Greece was accepted in the Arab league as an observer just yesterday..:-)

https://greekcitytimes.com/2021/07/12/greece-observer-arab-league/

Surprise! surprise!

Surprised but not really surprised at the same time, lol. This is affirmation that the Greeks are not only some of Egypt's best friends, but obviously several high-ranking with clout members, particularly Saudiya, the UAE and Jordan. Those three alone (as well as all the others of course) prove much of the narrative that Greece is a highly sought member of the EU, of Europe in general and of non-Arab state affiliation to be given a seat as even just an observer. That will open the door for much more, even.

Tikanis kala Afgharisto Parakalo! :D

Just saw this also, HMS Queen Elizabeth transitting the Suez Canal with it's F-35Bs on deck.

1626221372435.png

1626221389292.png

1626221425617.png

Those F-35Bs are beautiful, imagine if the UAE bought a carrier with those but it would be so expensive to operate.

Carrier group could consist of Egyptian FREMMs, UAE Gowinds, Egyptian MEKOs, Egyptian Type 209s, and a Mistral.

I can dream right?

Last edited:
Surprised but not really surprised at the same time, lol. This is affirmation that the Greeks are not only some of Egypt's best friends, but obviously several high-ranking with clout members, particularly Saudiya, the UAE and Jordan. Those three alone (as well as all the others of course) prove much of the narrative that Greece is a highly sought member of the EU, of Europe in general and of non-Arab state affiliation to be given a seat as even just an observer. That will open the door for much more, even.

Tikanis kala Afgharisto Parakalo! :D

Just saw this also, HMS Queen Elizabeth transitting the Suez Canal with it's F-35Bs on deck.

View attachment 762026

View attachment 762028

View attachment 762029
Heading to Australia and south China sea!

Those F-35Bs are beautiful, imagine if the UAE bought a carrier with those but it would be so expensive to operate.

Carrier group could consist of Egyptian FREMMs, UAE Gowinds, Egyptian MEKOs, Egyptian Type 209s, and a Mistral.

I can dream right?
The first Carrier in the Arab world is going to be Egyptian..
I don't remember which expo it was on.. most likely a Euronaval where I saw some Egyptian high ranking officers eying the French conventionally powered aircraft carrier PA-2 with hunger..HaHaHa!

wAhr2iIBL5Di5qF-w_y8gYXXXL4j3HpexhjNOf_P3YmryPKwJ94QGRtDb3Sbc6KY

Specs for the lastest PA2 design (source : DCNS) :

Length overall (flight deck): 285 m
Beam overall (flight deck): 69 m
Displacement (start of life): 59,000 tonnes
Displacement (end of life): 62,000 tonnes
Draught (end of life): 10 m
Speed: 26 knots / > 20 knots on (n-1) shafts
Propulsion: electric
Endurance (with 30% reserve): 8,000 nm at 15 knots / 5,000 nm at 22 knots
Fuel oil capacity: 3,800 tonnes
Jet fuel capacity: 3,400 tonnes
Magazine (munitions): 800 tonnes
Hangar area: 4,800 m2
Accommodation: 1,690
Flight deck, area: 13,400 m2

Not sure which one of these..

th_PA2v2large.gif

Last edited:
The first carriers in the Arab world is going to be Egyptian..
I don't remember which expo it was on.. most likely a Euronaval but I saw some Egyptian high ranking officers eying the French conventionally powered aircraft carrier PA-2 with hunger..HaHaHa!

1358083296_1-cvf.jpg
Ah, that would be interesting for sure I suppose. Rafale-Ms could be used on them as well.

UAE and Saudi navy need to get destroyers from EU to complement the carrier group though.

Ah, that would be interesting for sure I suppose. Rafale-Ms could be used on them as well.

The funny thing is that who ever thought the Egyptian Navy would operate not just one, but two of the largest and best LHD/helo carries in the world. That said, ending up with a medium carrier with Rafales and possibly Russian stealth AC pouncing on and off of it really isn't too far in the realm of possibilities.

Specs for the lastest PA2 design (source : DCNS) :

Length overall (flight deck): 285 m
Beam overall (flight deck): 69 m
Displacement (start of life): 59,000 tonnes
Displacement (end of life): 62,000 tonnes
Draught (end of life): 10 m
Speed: 26 knots / > 20 knots on (n-1) shafts
Propulsion: electric
Endurance (with 30% reserve): 8,000 nm at 15 knots / 5,000 nm at 22 knots
Fuel oil capacity: 3,800 tonnes
Jet fuel capacity: 3,400 tonnes
Magazine (munitions): 800 tonnes
Hangar area: 4,800 m2
Accommodation: 1,690
Flight deck, area: 13,400 m2

The PA2 is perfect. Size-wise, it can house, launch and retrieve up to 3 squadrons easily, it's electrically powered so very safe and environmentally sound and everything else, it's perfect. In your picture of the model next to a FREMM, it's size is very decent as it's not over bearing. @Philip the Arab was spot on when he brought up the Rafals Ms. But he's also right that I think we would all be pretty psyched if the UAE was able to land a contract for all those F-35s AND the Growlers as well since after that and with all the other assets they have, all they'd be missing is the big boat with a deck on it!

But he's also right that I think we would all be pretty psyched if the UAE was able to land a contract for all those F-35s AND the Growlers as well since after that and with all the other assets they have, all they'd be missing is the big boat with a deck on it!
Yep, even a relatively small carrier of 30k tons like the Cavour could carry 10+ F-35Bs at once and those alone are a huge amount of power.

It would need a carrier group though and the UAE would need to purchase air defense destroyers like the Hobart class with at least 48 MK 41 cells quadpacked with ESSMs.

Yep, even a relatively small carrier of 30k tons like the Cavour could carry 10+ F-35Bs at once and those alone are a huge amount of power.

It would need a carrier group though and the UAE would need to purchase air defense destroyers like the Hobart class with at least 48 MK 41 cells quadpacked with ESSMs.

You're absolutely right, it would definitely need a carrier group for protection and besides the 9 corvettes it has which I think includes the 2 Gowinds on order, it doesn't have any submarines or large frigates or destroyers which would be critical in forming a strike group, just from a protection perspective. Subs are more critical as naval assets in general and the more attack versions with underwater to air missiles, the better.

Probably a big reason why the EN is investing heavily in this next batch of deep AIP subs in the 10+ Scorpenes. They want to have a substantial group to aid the Mistrals and extend their range by a lot.

@Gomig-21
Mentioning submarines, I wonder if it would be possible to modify the HAS-250 to be launched from submarines through a torpedo like the Type 209 which uses UGM-84 Harpoons. It would vastly outperform the American missile but I wonder how expensive it would be to operate.

1626236729153.png

Although, I hope they are also developing a heavyweight torpedo in the next 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom