What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

SU-57E (Export) in MAKS 2021
E64LBJGXoAA5Jk0

For the fourth time in a few months

President Sisi meets with the Owner and CEO of the German shipbuilding group Lürssen, in the presence of the leaders of the Egyptian Navy, to discuss developing local shipbuilding capabilities and enhancing cooperation in the field of the marine industries system and plans for the technological development needed by this strategic industry. The Lürsen Group has many promising projects for marine vessels of various types and has certainly received Egyptian interest. Apparently, Egypt is seeking to localize these projects, which will contribute to the development of the industrial base for local shipbuilding.

The official spokesman for the Presidency of the Republic, Ambassador Bassam Rady, stated that the meeting discussed the development of the maritime industry system and plans for technological development needed by this strategic industry, within the framework of the state's great interest in upgrading all aspects of work in the field of maritime industry and shipbuilding and reaching it to The highest modern technologies, and all this requires comprehensive development in the training and qualification of manpower, including engineers and technicians

https://www.mena.org.eg/ar/news/dbcall/table/webnews/id/9073463

Also

President Sisi discusses benefiting from the long experience of Belgian "Donel" companies in marine works..

This came during President Sisi’s reception, Jean Donnell, owner and director of the Belgian (Donel) Group for Marine Business, Engineering and Dredging, in the presence of Lieutenant-General Ahmed Khaled, Commander of the Naval Forces, Major General Mohamed Fikri, Assistant Commander of the Naval Forces for Engineering Affairs, Major General Ashraf Al-Assal, Head of the Marine Survey Division, and Colonel Mohamed Al-Makhzanji from the Naval Forces Command, and Dr. Hassan Abu Saada, the engineering advisor to the Naval Forces Command.

The official spokesman for the Presidency of the Republic, Ambassador Bassam Rady, stated that the meeting discussed aspects of benefiting from the long experience of the Belgian (Donel) group of companies in the various fields of maritime business in the Mediterranean and Red Bahrain, in addition to the promising opportunities that Egypt possesses in this field and the method of achieving them within the framework of a plan The state for sustainable development "Egypt Vision 2030".

https://www.mena.org.eg/ar/news/dbcall/table/webnews/id/9073501

in summary, the talk is about the civilian arsenal of liquefied gas ships, containers, and yachts, and there is a second talk about the military arsenal at the base of July 3, submarines and warships, the same as the one in Germany in partnership with Lürssen Group. The financial agreement is now finished, and now it is the technical part..
Lürssen Company will attract the German arms, electronics and engines industries to Egypt..These technologies will take Egypt to another marine Industrial sphere completely..

Last edited:
For the fourth time in a few months

President Sisi meets with the Owner and CEO of the German shipbuilding group Lürssen, in the presence of the leaders of the Egyptian Navy, to discuss developing local shipbuilding capabilities and enhancing cooperation in the field of the marine industries system and plans for the technological development needed by this strategic industry. The Lürsen Group has many promising projects for marine vessels of various types and has certainly received Egyptian interest. Apparently, Egypt is seeking to localize these projects, which will contribute to the development of the industrial base for local shipbuilding.

The official spokesman for the Presidency of the Republic, Ambassador Bassam Rady, stated that the meeting discussed the development of the maritime industry system and plans for technological development needed by this strategic industry, within the framework of the state's great interest in upgrading all aspects of work in the field of maritime industry and shipbuilding and reaching it to The highest modern technologies, and all this requires comprehensive development in the training and qualification of manpower, including engineers and technicians
Could there be a chance Egypt negotiates for F125 frigates? They can replace Oliver Hazard Perry class frigates.

Could there be a chance Egypt negotiates for F125 frigates? They can replace Oliver Hazard Perry class frigates.
Well..to tell you the truth those frigates are heavy and look good.. but armed like a small corvette..If Egypt takes it and modify it to be well armed then it can be worth it.. These news are much bigger than a frigate.. it is nothing less than getting whole naval advanced manufacturing technologies, including ToT and know how..and localizing them in Egypt's arsenals..and add educating and training Egyptian Engineers and Technicians on those advanced technologies to close the cycle of ToT..

During a television interview, Mohamed Ahmed Morsi, Minister of Military Production, said that Egypt will unveil an Egyptian 3D radar, the first Egyptian 3D radar of its kind, and is working with the UAE to produce four-wheel drive armored vehicles, and that three countries from different continents offer Egypt to manufacture defense systems in partnership.

3D radars measure velocity, height, and range whereas the older Egyptian 2D radar only measure velocity and range.

The 300 number is the overall projected sales.. not only to one customer but to many potential ones..

If it is the same as the one the UAE was working on with ROSTEC.. then it will be made in the UAE..most likely with Western components in a way that the US won't have a say..But the UAE deal was with Mig..not Sukhoi although they are under one roof now.. so it is still puzzling..
Maybe deal was changed by UAE of United aircraft corporation
Hope to see that with new engine and western or indigenous electronics
maxresdefault.jpg

60f83b6115e9f97b500124f4.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

navbharat-times.jpg

E6xJ0lAWUAA7kFm.jpeg

Some nice pics of the Checkmate..

Do you know which radar it will be using?
Cost of fighter is brilliant I can't believe it
But there is no evidence of even UAE flags on fighter that's my concern because MIGs mock ups were terrible I think mig is dead

During a television interview, Mohamed Ahmed Morsi, Minister of Military Production, said that Egypt will unveil an Egyptian 3D radar, the first Egyptian 3D radar of its kind, and is working with the UAE to produce four-wheel drive armored vehicles, and that three countries from different continents offer Egypt to manufacture defense systems in partnership.

3D radars measure velocity, height, and range whereas the older Egyptian 2D radar only measure velocity and range.
We know there is Belarus and Serbia.. the 3rd can be Brazil, Italy, France or South Korea..

Maybe deal was changed by UAE of United aircraft corporation
Hope to see that with new engine and western or indigenous electronics

Cost of fighter is brilliant I can't believe it
But there is no evidence of even UAE flags on fighter that's my concern because MIGs mock ups were terrible I think mig is dead
The deal in 2017 stipulated that the plane in the JV will also be manufactured in the UAE with the right to sell it in Africa and the ME.. Just like what the UAE did with Yabhon family of drones.. it makes them and sells them, but does not use them in its own forces..
The Russian experts are not saying this is it.. but that it is the most logical conclusion..

Last edited:
The deal in 2017 stipulated that the plane in the JV will also be manufactured in the UAE with the right to sell it in Africa and the ME.. Just ike what the UAE did with Yabhon family of drones.. it makes them and sell them, but does not use them in its own forces..
The Russian experts are not saying this is it.. but it is the most logical conclusion..

So you want to say UAE just want technologies and experiences of this project for future locally projects?
It's better of better
I hope UAE change this blue colour of cockpit I hate this russian style of cockpits colour
100 wing loong?!

Last edited:
So you want to say UAE just want technologies and experiences of this project for future locally projects?
It's better of better
I hope UAE change this blue colour of cockpit I hate this russian style of cockpits colour

100 wing loong?!
Yes ..a lot of wing loong..

I guess the UAE wants the blueprints and the tech it has financed to make the Checkmate locally.. but mainly for sales in Africa and the ME..and at the same time have a plan B if things don't go well with the F-35 procurement..in that case.. the UAE will make a sophisticated version for itself and use it..

That's pretty impressive, no question. And it's only going to get bigger and better, too. Still have the 2 (possibly 6) A330 MRTTs coming along with quite possibly more Russian jets as well as another order of Rafales and possibly Typhoons etc. My bet is on more Rafales and more Su-35s and an order to start the purchase placement of the Su-57.

I just wish he was able to make it a bit bigger with better resolution as it's hard to see even when zoomed.

100 wing loong?!

The official release that came out about a year and a half ago from the EGY ARMY Spokesman was a count "over 100 units" which is staggering when you think about it. Even though they're comparatively less expensive than the western types of similar capabilities such as the Predator which goes for about $4mill per, they're still a lot of money at roughly $1mill per Wing Loong. Still, it was hard to tell if that included all the UAVs and UCAVs in the EAF inventory or just the Wing Loongs the way it was worded by the spokesman, but my guess is that it's a combination of all the unmanned aircraft in EAF inventory and not just Wing Loongs.

Also, the radar will supposedly have 400 or 450km range

Unconfirmed though

Once it is confirmed, we can pretty much say that Egypt has some pretty serious redundancy in its total radar coverage for self defense. Between the two mega complexes in the Protivnik-GE and the Resonance-NE (which will most likely do the bulk of the overall work and especially digital and stealth aircraft spotting with the fixed Resonance).

But there is also the recently received 4 units of the French-made, long-range, mobile, 3D air defense radar system in the Thales Ground Master 400 (GM400) AESA, that has a maximum range of up to 515 km. I almost forgot about that but just remembered as I'm typing this. Were you aware of those? Add them to the list and the ultimate package is really well put together so that it's not only one, main source that can get hunted down and destroyed and then radar coverage is nullified. This way, they're spread out with different types for tougher detection as well as mobilized units on top of being numerous with excellent capabilities and best of all, they're all tied into the main command and control system as well as being able to operate independently depending on the specific system.

@The SC , do you have any more info on those 4 Thales Ground Master GM400 AESA mobile radar units and if in fact they were delivered? They weren't part of the MRTT refueling and the observation satellite deal but supposedly they superseded that contract signing and they mentioned that they were actually delivered. But I looked at the Wiki site for the radar and Egypt is still not listed as an operator, so wondering if it's just not updated or the delivery news was a bit premature? That's one heck of a radar system!

1627075375629.png

Ground Master 400 | Thales Group

Add the eventual Bastion coastal defense system as well as the built-in IRIST-T-SL system and the S-300V4 and the several other mobile radar units they're building as well as the ToT radar units from Serbia and Belarus and the new command and control center they built to combine all that radar info into one centralized information center that is plugged in with all the EADS, EAF, EN and ground units (specifically the Rapid Deployment units) in real time so they can instantaneously call on the right units to intercede in the right areas on whatever they see as a hostile signal.

With all that redundancy, they can also get instant IFF to confirm identity almost instantaneously. They've really built this network so well from the start to now and it's still a work in progress, but they're already at a really good stage. The design team responsible for setting up this system did a heck of a job.

And of course the radar can be used standalone with the SAM under development depending on its radar band and if the missile uses active radar guidance.

For example the Chinese Sky Dragon 50 used a 3D IBIS-150 S band radar with active radar homing missiles

1627078450004.png

1627078461880.png

That's pretty impressive, no question. And it's only going to get bigger and better, too. Still have the 2 (possibly 6) A330 MRTTs coming along with quite possibly more Russian jets as well as another order of Rafales and possibly Typhoons etc. My bet is on more Rafales and more Su-35s and an order to start the purchase placement of the Su-57.

I just wish he was able to make it a bit bigger with better resolution as it's hard to see even when zoomed.

The official release that came out about a year and a half ago from the EGY ARMY Spokesman was a count "over 100 units" which is staggering when you think about it. Even though they're comparatively less expensive than the western types of similar capabilities such as the Predator which goes for about $4mill per, they're still a lot of money at roughly $1mill per Wing Loong. Still, it was hard to tell if that included all the UAVs and UCAVs in the EAF inventory or just the Wing Loongs the way it was worded by the spokesman, but my guess is that it's a combination of all the unmanned aircraft in EAF inventory and not just Wing Loongs.

Once it is confirmed, we can pretty much say that Egypt has some pretty serious redundancy in its total radar coverage for self defense. Between the two mega complexes in the Protivnik-GE and the Resonance-NE (which will most likely do the bulk of the overall work and especially digital and stealth aircraft spotting with the fixed Resonance).

But there is also the recently received 4 units of the French-made, long-range, mobile, 3D air defense radar system in the Thales Ground Master 400 (GM400) AESA, that has a maximum range of up to 515 km. I almost forgot about that but just remembered as I'm typing this. Were you aware of those? Add them to the list and the ultimate package is really well put together so that it's not only one, main source that can get hunted down and destroyed and then radar coverage is nullified. This way, they're spread out with different types for tougher detection as well as mobilized units on top of being numerous with excellent capabilities and best of all, they're all tied into the main command and control system as well as being able to operate independently depending on the specific system.

@The SC , do you have any more info on those 4 Thales Ground Master GM400 AESA mobile radar units and if in fact they were delivered? They weren't part of the MRTT refueling and the observation satellite deal but supposedly they superseded that contract signing and they mentioned that they were actually delivered. But I looked at the Wiki site for the radar and Egypt is still not listed as an operator, so wondering if it's just not updated or the delivery news was a bit premature? That's one heck of a radar system!

View attachment 764661

Ground Master 400 | Thales Group

Add the eventual Bastion coastal defense system as well as the built-in IRIST-T-SL system and the S-300V4 and the several other mobile radar units they're building as well as the ToT radar units from Serbia and Belarus and the new command and control center they built to combine all that radar info into one centralized information center that is plugged in with all the EADS, EAF, EN and ground units (specifically the Rapid Deployment units) in real time so they can instantaneously call on the right units to intercede in the right areas on whatever they see as a hostile signal.

With all that redundancy, they can also get instant IFF to confirm identity almost instantaneously. They've really built this network so well from the start to now and it's still a work in progress, but they're already at a really good stage. The design team responsible for setting up this system did a heck of a job.
Egypt has received four French-made GM 400 air defense radars

https://www.armyrecognition.com/def...ur_french-made_gm_400_air_defense_radars.html

https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com...lite-and-multi-role-tanker-transport-aircraft

Back
Top Bottom