What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

That's great. So they're upping the number just like they said. The original information said they had received 2 units and were looking at eventually ordering 6 altogether and it sounds like they added 2 and now are at 4 out of 6, excellent.

That is one heck of a mobile radar, AESA up to 515 kilometers is not some hokey pokey setup. It really is impressive how they've established their radar network the way they have.

Wiki will have to update their page.

That's great. So they're upping the number just like they said. The original information said they had received 2 units and were looking at eventually ordering 6 altogether and it sounds like they added 2 and now are at 4 out of 6, excellent.

That is one heck of a mobile radar, AESA up to 515 kilometers is not some hokey pokey setup. It really is impressive how they've established their radar network the way they have.

Wiki will have to update their page.
The Egyptian radar will likely be PESA which is still quite good and much, much better than most radars in Egyptian service like the P-18, AN/TPS-63, etc.

The Egyptian radar will likely be PESA which is still quite good and much, much better than most radars in Egyptian service like the P-18, AN/TPS-63, etc.

Which makes sense why they're picking up this AESA and possibly other ones as well. Until they master their own production capabilities and start building their own, domestic AESA radars, they can at least have that technology to use in the field.

And at least they're moving up the ladder of technological advancement as that radar is a 3D. So they jumped from the 2D and now they're building 3D radars even PESA is still excellent of course.

Plus they have a lot of access to the many AESA radars they have in their inventory where they can actually reverse engineer. They already did something similar with the Rafale's RBE2 ASEA radar and having access to that thing was unbelievable. So if they were able to get into the tech of that radar, the sky's the limit for them now with any of the systems they have.

BTW, imagine if there is some truth to this and it is actually Egypt and not Algeria?

Alex Luck on Twitter: "A suggestion that Rosoboronexport may sign an African customer for an A-50 AEWC plane. Language is extremely vague, as usual. It would be notable insofar as only Egypt at present has any AEWC capability (E-2C) & Algeria would be a natural customer. https://t.co/ZEUe4HPNfg https://t.co/BEzq2JkCk4" / Twitter

1627086625794.png

Last edited:
A-50 would be quite useful for EAF in my opinion and I would be satisfied if it is purchased.

The Mig-29, and Su-35 need a platform tailored to operate with them such as the A-50 and this will be important.

A-50 would be quite useful for EAF in my opinion and I would be satisfied if it is purchased.

The Mig-29, and Su-35 need a platform tailored to operate with them such as the A-50 and this will be important.
Or waiting for a100?
Im not sure about russian electronics just look at Armenian Azerbaijan war
Yes ..a lot of wing loong..

I guess the UAE wants the blueprints and the tech it has financed to make the Checkmate locally.. but mainly for sales in Africa and the ME..and at the same time have a plan B if things don't go well with the F-35 procurement..in that case.. the UAE will make a sophisticated version for itself and use it..
It's more logical
God bless MBZ

Last edited:
Egypt has placed a tender for the manufacture of local artillery systems
Three countries submitted bids: France, South Africa and South Korea
The closest to winning the Egyptian bid is the Korean bid.

The offers from the three countries are:

1- South African T5-52 truck-mounted self-propelled gun

Denel-T5-52-01-692x360.jpg

This gun has the ability of firing six shells in 30 seconds and 12 shells per minute. Because of the fast feeding system, it has a revolutionary electronic control system and an accurate navigation system..
Crew: 6 people
Caliber: 155 mm
Number of shells: 25 shells
Maximum range of the projectile: 55 km
Length: 10.1 meters, width: 2.9 meters, height: 3.48 meters
Weight: 28 tons
Vehicle speed: 85 km per hour
Range: 850 km
This cannon is derived from the French Caesar Gun

2- French Caesar self-propelled gun

CAESAR%20-%20Nexter%20Systems.jpg

The Caesar cannon is a 155 mm self-propelled howitzer equipped with a set of regular, cluster and guided munitions capable of hitting various targets with high accuracy and can fire 6 shells per minute.
Crew: 5 people
Number of shells: 30 shells
Maximum range of the projectile: from 42 to 55 km, depending on the type of projectile
Weight: 30 tons
Vehicle speed: 90 km/h
Range: 600 km

3- South Korean K9 Thunder self-propelled gun

fg_3794740-jdw-8980.jpg

It is a self-propelled 155 mm cannon. The cannon contains an electronic fire control system with an automatic feeder for missiles. It can start firing after receiving orders and coordinates within 30 seconds while stationary or 60 seconds during movement. The cannon can fire 8 shells per minute. In the case of standard fire, but in the case of intense firing, 3 consecutive shells can be fired in 15 seconds, with a total of 12 shells per minute.
The gun can fire GPS-guided smart missiles up to a range of 100 km.
Crew: 5 people
Number of shells: 48 shells
Maximum range of the projectile: from 56 to 100 km, depending on the type of projectile
Length: 12 meters, width: 3.4 meters, height: 2.73 meters
Weight: 47 tons
Armored vehicle speed: 67 km per hour
Range: 480 km

I believe there are two cannons that Egypt will manufacture.. the Korean one is attractive with its range of up to 100 km and its guided munitions..and the Serbian cannon which is similar to the French one, but much less expensive, and Egypt apparently got it on the last visit of the Serbian defense minister..

4-aleksandar.jpg

Egypt should acquire very large amounts of cheap INS/GPS nose fuses and very accurate GPS/INS kits for artillery forces.

Also, GPS/INS kits for rocket artillery will be useful

Yeah it would be nice to know if they really have the need for that aircraft, considering what they already have in inventory and their new network they just developed. I supposed it would replace or be an additional very powerful platform. But I think the Russians are phasing out the A50's radar for the A100's AESA. The problem with that is the wait since they're just in the middle of testing the first few and the VKS will be the first recipient after the testing is done. So that means a while before any exports are planned.

Or waiting for a100?
Im not sure about russian electronics just look at Armenian Azerbaijan war

I think it depends on who is operating them and how well trained and capable they are.

Egypt has placed a tender for the manufacture of local artillery systems
Three countries submitted bids: France, South Africa and South Korea
The closest to winning the Egyptian bid is the Korean bid.

Amazing how long this has been going on for! They were testing the Ceasar and the K9 Thunder maybe 4 years ago! There's a couple of clips of them firing the Thunder in Egypt and now they just put out the tender offer sheet?

They must've decided at first just to purchase a number of them to replace the M-109 and as they were testing and getting all these other contract with ToT for ships and other bigger systems that they should do the same with this, hence the time it's taking? That's the only thing I can come up with for how long it's taking.

Amazing how long this has been going on for! They were testing the Ceasar and the K9 Thunder maybe 4 years ago! There's a couple of clips of them firing the Thunder in Egypt and now they just put out the tender offer sheet?

They must've decided at first just to purchase a number of them to replace the M-109 and as they were testing and getting all these other contract with ToT for ships and other bigger systems that they should do the same with this, hence the time it's taking? That's the only thing I can come up with for how long it's taking.

M102A2 and M109A5 are assembled in Egypt almost a 1000 of them..including 200 SPH 122 that are locally assembled howitzers too, based on M109A2 chassis, but instead of utilizing the 155 mm gun the 122 mm D-30 gun is fitted in instead..

This new tender deal is with ToT for local manufacturing.. not just assembling..

Last edited:
Nice, this pic just came out on Russian news today. Get those suckers delivered so they can get in on the Rafale fighting action! lol
Maybe waiting for the Byelka AESA radar dedicated version to the Sukhoi-35. It will be ready soon with 1500 modules and a range of 400 km..

PAK_FA_AESA_maks2009.jpg

Last edited:
I hope Egypt and the UAE collaborate on defense projects soon.

Egypt and their expertise with radars will be very useful for UAE defense projects especially those related to Halcon.

EDEX this December will allow more connections to form between the two hopefully.

Egyptian radars
HAS-250 missiles
Skyknight

And you could get a nice little vital component package for a Corvette/FAC

Back
Top Bottom