What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

That's good. Maybe then there was not much truth to the Katran tender that they signed for 36 Ka-52Ks? Weird, Perhaps this current modified version is ok to use for short maritime duties aboard the mistrals and they wanted the real naval version as a permanent platform, hence the tender. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

BTW, did you notice some of the aggressive flying of the Ka-52 that was paired with the Apache? That guy was doing some pretty cool Russian stuff, like turning sideways with the nose pointed down 45 degrees. That was some neat stuff we don't see that often. We've seen the Apache guys do it but not the Ka's until now. The Hinds also were doing some great stuff flying low and really fast.
Check my post just before yours..It will be coming as it has won the Egyptian tender.. it just got ready for export a month or so ago.. after 5 years of testing..

Bingo, from the interview with the Egyptian MOMP director. Finally confirmed what I have always thought.

"There is more than one new military product that will be participating in the exhibition this year, including a new type of radar, and a 4×4 pickup vehicle for military uses, which is the first (Egyptian-Emirati) joint production. New types of ammunition will also be participating."

So the 4 Mirage 2000s participating in the Qader 2021 exercise had their insignias covered for whatever interesting reason.

1625417429934.png

And during Skyros 2021 in Greece.

1625417706113.png

1625417721267.png

1625417597384.png

Bingo, from the interview with the Egyptian MOMP director. Finally confirmed what I have always thought.

"There is more than one new military product that will be participating in the exhibition this year, including a new type of radar, and a 4×4 pickup vehicle for military uses, which is the first (Egyptian-Emirati) joint production. New types of ammunition will also be participating."

Check this out!

1625490760981.png

1625490778124.png

Last edited:
One of the reasons why the Mirage-2000s are just great, integration of weapons are relatively easier and no End User agreement headaches
For the IAF as well the Mirages were the Gold Standard as far as mission availability/A2A capability etc are concerned
The Tejas to this day is benchmarked with the Mirage-2000 for A2A performance
Even the Al Tariq will be a Mirage exclusive weapon with the UAEAF even as the Desert Viper is a vastly superior and a newer platform, just because of the US EUMA headaches
UAEAF will have a serious look at the Rafale for the future, in my opinion

Al-Tariq is on the verge of a very important development, which is the addition of a turbo jet engine that will double its range to more than 200 km..

https://www.iiss.org/blogs/military-balance/2019/12/middle-east-stand-off-weapons

There is an ongoing deal..

InshaAllah there is work being done to develop Egyptian made missiles, especially A2A ones that can be integrated onto various of the EAF's platforms. You know I've been touting that for a loooooooong time, now lol. That would open the door for them and possibly ease restrictments.

One of the reasons why the Mirage-2000s are just great, integration of weapons are relatively easier and no End User agreement headaches
For the IAF as well the Mirages were the Gold Standard as far as mission availability/A2A capability etc are concerned
The Tejas to this day is benchmarked with the Mirage-2000 for A2A performance
Even the Al Tariq will be a Mirage exclusive weapon with the UAEAF even as the Desert Viper is a vastly superior and a newer platform, just because of the US EUMA headaches
UAEAF will have a serious look at the Rafale for the future, in my opinion

Indeed. Too bad they don't have more of the 2000's. But at least they're stocking up on Rafales but who knows how that same end user headaches would apply in that case.

Wow, wonderful if true.

Are you thinking the pic is PS'd? They've been talking about making a deal for the Al-Tariq for a while now, so it doesn't surprise me at all and I don't think the pic is PS'd. What surprises me is when I saw the pic yesterday and posted it that I didn't notice the missiles on the jets! lol. Maybe now we have the answer as to who destroyed the MIM-23 Hawk SAMs in Watiya last year.

That's fantastic, BTW. Congrats to that young man and he's a great and shining example for many of the other cadets to follow. Good for him and thanks for posting that. This is a part of the military that we don't tend to focus on at all, but it also shows what programs they are offering in Egypt as such. So it benefits both parties. Outstanding.

Last edited:
InshaAllah there is work being done to develop Egyptian made missiles, especially A2A ones that can be integrated onto various of the EAF's platforms. You know I've been touting that for a loooooooong time, now lol. That would open the door for them and possibly ease restrictments.
Imagine a joint project with the Emirates which would accomplish a lot.

Imagine a joint project with the Emirates which would accomplish a lot.

You would think they're already involved in something of that sort, considering the armored vehicles and some of the other smaller projects that they've co-developed or shared together. But I'm still wondering why you have doubts about the Al-Tariq, bro? :D

I know there was a tweet that kinda went viral about the naval SCALP being fired during the video of the exercise and that it was from a French FREMM and not the Tahyia Misr which created all sorts of controversy on Twitter. But the guy who posted it doesn't realize that the EGY Military does that every once in a while when they don't have any actual footage of their own, or if they know they're be getting the missiles at some point or something along those lines. They're not trying to deceive anyone that they have them when they don't or never will, they just take a little liberty when they know for sure that they either have them but don't have footage, or will be getting them. But that doesn't reflect on these missiles as they can clearly be seen on the Mirage 2Ks and there was also a lot of news on the EAF wanting to purchase them a while back.

You would think they're already involved in something of that sort, considering the armored vehicles and some of the other smaller projects that they've co-developed or shared together. But I'm still wondering why you have doubts about the Al-Tariq, bro?
Haha, just not fully sure until it can be confirmed 100% but it seems right.

Dubai Airshow we may find out from the company if Egypt is using the system.
I know there was a tweet that kinda went viral about the naval SCALP being fired during the video of the exercise and that it was from a French FREMM and not the Tahyia Misr which created all sorts of controversy on Twitter. But the guy who posted it doesn't realize that the EGY Military does that every once in a while when they don't have any actual footage of their own, or if they know they're be getting the missiles at some point or something along those lines. They're not trying to deceive anyone that they have them when they don't or never will, they just take a little liberty when they know for sure that they either have them but don't have footage, or will be getting them. But that doesn't reflect on these missiles as they can clearly be seen on the Mirage 2Ks and there was also a lot of news on the EAF wanting to purchase them a while back.
SCALP Naval will be useful but MTCR is very annoying unfortunately.

Haha, just not fully sure until it can be confirmed 100% but it seems right.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like they basically took Denel's Umbani tech in their modular kit and adapted it to their missile which is brilliant. This is why I keep saying Egypt needs to do something similar. No one can actually start completely from scratch in this day and age and whether it's ToT, or hacking through systems to get hands on blueprints like China has done with a lot of it's systems (the biggest and latest is their version of the E-2C Hawkeye LoloOLolOL it's an EXACT duplicate of the US' Navy aircraft) or take a kit from an existing system and adapt it to a local ordinance that isn't too difficult to build and you get it done, just like this Al-Tariq.

This is the Umbani from Denel and the similarity is pretty obvious,

1625525640216.png

Denel Dynamics Umbani - Wikipedia

All this makes me think that they are probably more ready to deal with Ethiopia than we think. Not until these pics of the Mirages did we know they had their hands on these missiles, and being air to ground, you can kinda put together an pretty impressive list of deadly munitions from all their aircraft inventory to put together a very effective strike package, including these missiles.

The Ethiopians moved a pair of their Su-27s to a northern military base and just today announced the 2nd filling of the dam. The clock is most definitely on a countdown with a last ditch effort by Egypt and the UNSC that we should know about by Thursday. Sad if it happens, but if it needs to be done, so be it.

Not sure the Su-35SEs would be ready to participate but they don't need them to take care of this anyway. The other challenge will be to defend against any retaliatory actions against the Aswan dam or any other possible Egyptian targets. It's really too bad because just as the Egyptian Armed Forces are putting together their incredible modernization, they have to actually interdict into a conflict that could last a while.

@Gomig-21
Al Tariq is a modified version of Umbani locally assembled in the UAE. Could be a Block 2 missile or an older block 1 missile. Integration is easy and is integrated wireless and dropped like a dumb bomb but controlled by pilot independent of aircraft through a tablet.

There is 3 type of seekers

SALH
Infrared with automatic target recognition
GPS/INS only

1625527616320.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AL TARIQ, an EDGE Group company involved in the design and manufacturing of precision guided munitions (PGMs), is showcasing its integration of the AL TARIQ guidance kit on a newly developed Penetration Warhead. The programme is currently in the final phases of qualification and field testing and will be ready for production towards the end of 2021.

This new development will enhance AL TARIQ’s capabilities to successfully engage hardened targets. In line with its participation at the International Defence Exhibition & Conference (IDEX 2021) taking place from 21 to 25 February, in the UAE capital, Abu Dhabi, AL TARIQ is also providing details on the major upgrades to its family of PGMs.

The system integration onto a new generation Penetration Warhead is a milestone achievement for the company, making it possible to field such a purpose-built warhead on the guidance kit. This new feature enhances the capability to neutralise strategic infrastructure such as bridges, reinforced shelters, control centres and fortified installations utilising the warhead’s superb penetrating performance.

AL TARIQ is also briefing stakeholders on the enhancements implemented to its family of PGMs, which have recently been updated to the Block 2 specifications. The upgrade boasts a host of latest technology improvements, including an enhanced navigation solution, a new Height-Of-Burst-Sensor (HOBS) capability for airburst applications and a weapon system that is capable of being digitally integrated on aircraft requiring either MIL-STD-1760 or DIGIBUS interfacing.

The upgrade further boosts the integration of AL TARIQ’s PGMs with a new “PowerPack” that equips the weapons with a pre-flight power source, as well as greater mission flexibility through leveraging cockpit fuze programmability. Rendering it highly effective in neutralising its target, the weapons system incorporates the latest Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) Receiver technology as well as a highly sophisticated GPS anti-jamming solution.

Last edited:
@Gomig-21
Al Tariq is a modified version of Umbani locally assembled in the UAE. Could be a Block 2 missile or an older block 1 missile.

AL TARIQ, an EDGE Group company involved in the design and manufacturing of precision guided munitions (PGMs), is showcasing its integration of the AL TARIQ guidance kit on a newly developed Penetration Warhead. The programme is currently in the final phases of qualification and field testing and will be ready for production towards the end of 2021.

I'm thinking that the ones on the EAF Mirages are probably the earlier block missiles since the timing seems to be very close. It might even be that the EAF is participating in the testing of these missiles, considering they've been talking about them for a while now and obviously the pics. Also the Watiya attack makes all the sense with wither EAF or UAE Mirages. The fact that the EAF Mirages have their insignias covered is a huge telltale sign.

This new development will enhance AL TARIQ’s capabilities to successfully engage hardened targets. In line with its participation at the International Defence Exhibition & Conference (IDEX 2021) taking place from 21 to 25 February, in the UAE capital, Abu Dhabi, AL TARIQ is also providing details on the major upgrades to its family of PGMs.

So when was this source written, Habibi? Just curious because the timing has me a bit perplexed.

The system integration onto a new generation Penetration Warhead is a milestone achievement for the company, making it possible to field such a purpose-built warhead on the guidance kit. This new feature enhances the capability to neutralise strategic infrastructure such as bridges, reinforced shelters, control centres and fortified installations utilising the warhead’s superb penetrating performance.

.......and dams.

Back
Top Bottom