What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

The research included, according to a report issued by the ministry this morning, the development of the technology of manufacturing the Egyptian multi-machine gun, the design and production of depth shells “Nawras” and “Dolphin” , and the production of the 115 mm ammunition “SAPO operations advanced ”, in cooperation with the Belgian company Mikar, and manufacture of very high frequency communication devices with frequency hopping feature. The construction of an advanced mechanical storm bridge with a load of 70 tons, a length of 22 meters, loaded on the chassis of an M60 tank.

Design and manufacture of PBX explosive slides for use in reactive armor, development of a multi chemical disinfection vehicle, production of 76 mm radar and thermal obstruction smoke projectiles caliber "Silver Dog, Hot Dog", design and manufacture of optical/thermal/laser smoke projectiles 76-81 mm, design And manufacture of CNC plasma cutting machine - water cutting, design and manufacture of Egyptian loader and grader.

The establishment of a single gunpowder production plant, and the modernization of the dynamite production plant at the Abu Zaabal Specialized Chemicals Company “Factory 18 Military,” which development work also included the construction of a turbid water treatment plant with a capacity of 10,000 cubic meters per day.

Military Production announced the implementation of a number of its subsidiaries by implementing a number of production lines for ammunition of all kinds, as well as developing some lines. A project for heavy munitions was also implemented at the Heliopolis Chemical Industries Company (Factory 81), and the Abu Zaabal Company for Engineering Industries (Factory 100 Military). » Developed the main production line project for armored steel.

The development and modernization work in the military production factories and companies included the work of the armored production and repair factory “Factory 200” to design, manufacture and produce the ST100 and ST500 armored vehicles, as well as the Sinai 200.

The ministry pointed out that it is working on implementing 68 projects in the field of military production.

https://www.elwatannews.com/news/details/5526907

There is a lot of new military products not mentioned here that will be seen at EDEX hopefully.

Design and manufacture of PBX explosive slides for use in reactive armo
Very good development for armored vehicles.
the design and production of depth shells “Nawras” and “Dolphin”
Good for use against submarines.

Last edited:
Emirati and Egyptian ties are still very close, I hope the anti ship missile under development by Halcon can be fitted on Egyptian ships hopefully if the need is there.

The friendship between Sisi and Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed Al Nahyan is VERY strong. He's always invited to all of these ceremonies and always comes and seems to really enjoy being part of Egypt's military development. He takes pictures with his phone and most importantly is his terrific and very noticeable relationship with Sisi. It's just great that the two countries are so tight and HUGE allies.

The ministry pointed out that it is working on implementing 68 projects in the field of military production.

Great post as usual, SC, bro. Hopefully one of the non-mentioned project that @Phillip The Arab mentioned is an APS system for the huge fleet of tanks. The Russians have developed one and are testing it and putting it in production soon. Perhaps it might be part of the T-90MS production line in Egypt and come with ToT for a locally produced one, unless they're already at it.

I'd also like to see them really get into UAVs & UAVCs in a very aggressive manner.

Last edited:
Hello! @The SC , check this out, bro! Apparently the EAF has requested either modification of the original Ka-52 and will forgo the Katrans because they've got them to have foldable rotors to store inside the mistrals!!!! This is great news and new to all of us that we had no idea until this naval base ceremony. Check out the folded rotors on the helos which do NOT come standard with this model, only the Katran. This is quite the modification!

1625350825856.png

1625351048664.png

@Gomig-21
I hope we will see the prototype of the medium range air defense system they are supposedly developing at EDEX.

It can replace Kub, Hawk, and Pechora with an Egyptian made system.

I also think that little radar I saw earlier in the MoD video will function with the Egyptian SHORAD units if it enters production.

The friendship between Sisi and Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed Al Nahyan is VERY strong. He's always invited to all of these ceremonies and always comes and seems to really enjoy being part of Egypt's military development. He takes pictures with his phone and most importantly is his terrific and very noticeable relationship with Sisi. It's just great that the two countries are so tight and HUGE allies.

Great post as usual, SC, bro. Hopefully one of the non-mentioned project that @Phillip The Arab mentioned is an APS system for the huge fleet of tanks. The Russians have developed one and are testing it and putting it in production soon. Perhaps it might be part of the T-90MS production line in Egypt and come with ToT for a locally produced one, unless they're already at it.

I'd also like to see them really get into UAVs & UAVCs in a very aggressive manner.
They are already at the APS for at least 3 years now that we've heard about it..
I've mentioned it in that thread about the Egyptian military industries in this section.. it must be in the last page or so..

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/egyptian-military-industries-products.713336/page-5

4 types of UAVs just with Belarus, some with China and not to forget that the UAE has advanced tech in that regard ..and that can be easily transferred..
@Gomig-21
I hope we will see the prototype of the medium range air defense system they are supposedly developing at EDEX.

I also think that little radar I saw earlier in the MoD video will function with the Egyptian SHORAD units if it enters production.
They will replace nothing since everything you've mentioned has been upgraded.. they will just mass produce this one and add it the EADF.. HaHaHa!

Last edited:
They will replace nothing since everything you've mentionned has been upgraded.. they will just mass produce this one and add it the EADF.. HaHaHa!
Well at some point they must be replaced eventually, they are redundant when you can produce your own thing that is far superior.

Hello! @The SC , check this out, bro! Apparently the EAF has requested either modification of the original Ka-52 and will forgo the Katrans because they've got them to have foldable rotors to store inside the mistrals!!!! This is great news and new to all of us that we had no idea until this naval base ceremony. Check out the folded rotors on the helos which do NOT come standard with this model, only the Katran. This is quite the modification!

View attachment 759172

View attachment 759173
Most likely 16 out of the 50 Kamov are Katran for the Mistral..that is why we've heard nothing about them.. and the camo is the same.. hard to distinguish between the 2 when flying..
Well at some point they must be replaced eventually, they are redundant when you can produce your own thing that is far superior.
They will just be pulled to the back or put in reserve.. but not retired.. the upgrades are too recent and ongoing..

Last edited:
@Gomig-21

This is the second time we see the Scalp Naval.. you know the one with 290 km range.. in Egyptian Naval exercises.. although launched from a French frigate.. but it only means that Egypt contracted it and it is certainly coming to the EN..

MBDA-Decoy-and-EW.jpg

mdcn-image05.jpg

It can be launched by submarines as well as frigates..

@Gomig-21

Replace the KUB? Interesting because the KUB is a deadly beast at blinding speeds! Either way, a fully domestic comparable SAM system that is fully indigenous would only be another great thing to add to this veritable arsenal. And we still haven't seen them launch any of the S-300VM. One thing for sure, in all of these exercises, they've used up A LOT of amo loool. Good for them, because not only is it the best way to train, but to do it while the president and 3 other heads of state from 3 super important neighboring countries are in a carrier right in the middle of all the shebang is something I don't think we've seen the likes of anywhere else!!!!!!! That's something that has gone unnoticed if you think about it.

Those Hinds were busting through there with the Kamovs firing missiles at targets along with submarines shooting torpedoes and KUBs & Pechoras firing at drones while the ships were firing their own missiles on designated targets. All this with the presidents right in the middle of the thick and thin lol! I love it. No one else does that or has done that and the fact that having so much dangerous equipment conducting live fire exercises and flying in close proximity with Chinooks dropping of SOF on the beach and that one Commando dropping off units on board one of the Gowinds is very easy for an accident to happen. But it was so well done they deserve a big ups for that display. That was awesome.

Oh and that one missile fired from either the FREMM or Gowing or that other new German Patrol boat was sea skimming to target just beautifully! Did you see that one?

They are already at the APS for at least 3 years now that we've heard about it..
I've mentioned it in that thread about the Egyptian military industries in this section.. it must be in the last page or so..

That's what I'm hoping for, that we actually see it and that it is successful beyond what's out there, especially for vertically incoming missiles where the top portion of the turret doesn't really pick up as much as the side and up to 45 degrees on most APS systems out there.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/egyptian-military-industries-products.713336/page-5
4 types of UAVs just with Belarus, some with China and not to forget that the UAE has advanced tech in that regard ..and that can be easily transferred..

I saw that bro, of course. But I'd like to see something along the lines of a Predator or a Wingloong that is all Egyptian. Something of that caliber or even jump into the stealthy winged models. Not saying they aren't doing anything, believe me they've come a long way in super short time and loving every second of it. Perhaps that's why I think and want more. Taking that inch and asking for a mile. lol

Most likely 16 out of the 46 are Katran..for the Mistral..that is why we've heard nothing about them.. and the camo is the same.. hard to distinguish between the 2 when flying..

That is a fascinating theory, bro. Man you are something to come up with that theory! I never thought of that, although I thought the Katran is still not fully complete for production. I think this is most likely a modification because the dead giveaway is the paint. Doesn't make any sense for them to have desert camo on the naval versions and the naval paint is actually an anti-corrosive paint which is a major necessity. BUT, I like your way of thinking and it is always a possibility.

This is the second time we see the Scalp Naval.. you know the one with 290 km range.. in Egyptian Naval exercises.. although launched from a French frigate.. but it only means that Egypt contracted it and it is certainly coming to the EN..

That was the sea skimming one I mentioned to Phillip! Loved watching that. Nice to see the EN with this complete list of very impressive weaponry that the US has been gripping a hold of on Egypt for decades! Love seeing the chains unshackled and just loading up on some great stuff!!! Again, the US can kick rocks for the way they've withheld on Egypt. They've done so much good but at such a high price for necessity that it actually makes the good stuff they did look bad.

BTW, how frigging awesome is this? A naval base control tower which probably dubs as a lighthouse as well LOL! Fantastic, love it! And state of the art architecture to boot.

1625355628280.png

Last edited:
Replace the KUB? Interesting because the KUB is a deadly beast at blinging speeds! Either way, a fully domestic comparable SAM system that is fully indigenous would only be another great thing to add to this veritable arsenal. And we still haven't seen them launch any of the S-300VM. One thing for sure, in all of these exercises, they've used up A LOT of amo loool. Good for them, because not only is it the best way to train, but to do it while the president and 3 other heads of state from 3 super important neighboring countries are in a carrier right in the middle of all the shebang is something I don't think we've seen the likes of anywhere else!!!!!!! That's something that has gone unnoticed if you think about it.

Those Hinds were busting through there with the Kamovs firing missiles at targets along with submarines shooting torpedoes and KUBs & Pechoras firing at drones while the ships were firing their own missiles on designated targets. All this with the presidents right in the middle of the thick and thin lol! I love it. No one else does that or has done that and the fact that having so much dangerous equipment conducting live fire exercises and flying in close proximity with Chinooks dropping of SOF on the beach and that one Commando dropping off units on board one of the Gowinds is very easy for an accident to happen. But it was so well done they deserve a big ups for that display. That was awesome.

Oh and that one missile fired from either the FREMM or Gowing or that other new German Patrol boat was sea skimming to target just beautifully! Did you see that one?

That's what I'm hoping for, that we actually see it and that it is successful beyond what's out there, especially for vertically incoming missiles where the top portion of the turret doesn't really pick up as much as the side and up to 45 degrees on most APS systems out there.

I saw that bro, of course. But I'd like to see something along the lines of a Predator or a Wingloong that is all Egyptian. Something of that caliber or even jump into the stealthy winged models. Not saying they aren't doing anything, believe me they've come a long way in super short time and loving every second of it. Perhaps that's why I think and want more. Taking that inch and asking for a mile. lol

That is a fascinating theory, bro. Man you are something to come up with that theory! I never thought of that, although I thought the Katran is still not fully complete for production. I think this is most likely a modification because the dead giveaway is the paint. Doesn't make any sense for them to have desert camo on the naval versions and the naval paint is actually an anti-corrosive paint which is a major necessity. BUT, I like your way of thinking and it is always a possibility.

That was the sea skimming one I mentioned to Phillip! Loved watching that. Nice to see the EN with this complete list of very impressive weaponry that the US has been gripping a hold of on Egypt for decades! Love seeing the chains unshackled and just loading up on some great stuff!!! Again, the US can kick rocks for the way they've withheld on Egypt. They've done so much good but at such a high price for necessity that it actually makes the good stuff they did look bad.

BTW, how frigging awesome is this? A naval base control tower which probably dubs as a lighthouse as well LOL! Fantastic, love it! And state of the art architecture to boot.

View attachment 759179
- The APS will be a state of the art one..the accumulated knowledge and ToT will make it a reality very soon .. mostly when thinking about the Usraeli Trophy APS..I've read in some Magazine that Egypt wants weapons and systems equal to those in Usrael and it let the whole world know about that..

- As for the UAVs.. I'm pretty convinced that Egypt with the UAE and KSA all working on UAVs at the same time.. there will be some very potent drones in the near future..There is a lot of high tech in those big UAVs to be mastered first and applied..

Hope that Egypt will join Ukraine in its Delta wing Drone it has presented in their own exposition a month or so ago.. that will be a good start.. it has AI in it.. or with China..they have similar ones already operational..

maxresdefault.jpg

- Bro.. all the Egyptian K-52 came with the anti-corrosive paint..The camo might be a give-away sign (good thinking!).. and it might be because they will operate in a desert background..This might be a temporary modification till the K-52K will show up in the EN..

Last edited:
- The APS will be a state of the art one..the accumulated knowledge and ToT will make it a reality very soon .. mostly when thinking about the Usraeli Trophy APS..I've read in some Magazine that Egypt wants weapons and systems equal to those in Usrael and it let the whole world know about that..

- As for the UAVs.. I'm pretty convinced that Egypt with the UAE and KSA all working on UAVs at the same time.. there will be some very potent drones in the near future..There is a lot of high tech in those big UAVs to be mastered first and applied..

Hope that Egypt will join Ukraine in its Delta wing Drone it has presented in their own exposition a month or so ago.. that will be a good start.. it has AI in it.. or with China..they have similar ones already operational..

Love it! :-) 👍

- Bro.. all the Egyptian K-52 came with the anti-corrosive paint..The camo might be a give-away sign (good thinking!).. and it might be because they will operate in a desert background..This might be a temporary modification till the K-52K will show up in the EN..

Ok, so here's the issue I have and you know very well I am not arguing with you, just discussing. The thing is that most paint on non-naval aircraft of all types have a certain non-corrosive factor in them. It's like house paint, just as an example. You have interior paint and then you have interior & exterior paint which is what most aircraft have. BUT, then you have strictly exterior, complete water and elements resistant paint which all naval platforms have and if you notice the Russian Katrans, they're all painted in that dark blue color with the exception of the radome for the radar's conductivity. It's basically something like an epoxy derivative with much more elemental strength. That blue paint is a specific, naval, anti corrosive paint which is essential for these aircraft to have, especially rotor aircraft for obvious reasons. Not only do they spend most of their time on or near the salt sea, but their rotors kick up a storm of sea water that not only coat the exposed surfaces, but get into the mechanisms and filters and door moldings and gear hatches and the landing gears themselves with their mechanisms etc. Sp beyond the folding rotors, the ground units don't need all that protection and modification of the rotors and so it makes a huge difference to have it versus not having it.

My question to you is if you have actually read that somewhere? Because I know for sure I am not the only one wondering about that. It seems to be a major question that many, many are asking. Ishtah ya basha.

Even the rims on the wheels are coated with it.

1625359795747.png

Love it! :-) 👍

Ok, so here's the issue I have and you know very well I am not arguing with you, just discussing. The thing is that most paint on non-naval aircraft of all types have a certain non-corrosive factor in them. It's like house paint, just as an example. You have interior paint and then you have interior & exterior paint which is what most aircraft have. BUT, then you have strictly exterior, complete water and elements resistant paint which all naval platforms have and if you notice the Russian Katrans, they're all painted in that dark blue color with the exception of the radome for the radar's conductivity. It's basically something like an epoxy derivative with much more elemental strength. That blue paint is a specific, naval, anti corrosive paint which is essential for these aircraft to have, especially rotor aircraft for obvious reasons. Not only do they spend most of their time on or near the salt sea, but their rotors kick up a storm of sea water that not only coat the exposed surfaces, but get into the mechanisms and filters and door moldings and gear hatches and the landing gears themselves with their mechanisms etc. Sp beyond the folding rotors, the ground units don't need all that protection and modification of the rotors and so it makes a huge difference to have it versus not having it.

My question to you is if you have actually read that somewhere? Because I know for sure I am not the only one wondering about that. It seems to be a major question that many, many are asking. Ishtah ya basha.

Even the rims on the wheels are coated with it.

View attachment 759202
Egypt's helicopter is a modified version of the basic Ka-52 Alligator that serves in the Russian Air Force. Unlike the basic model, the Egyptian Ka-52 utilizes anti-corrosion materials and has a reinforced fuselage structure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamov_Ka-50#Variants

Egypt's helicopter is a modified version of the basic Ka-52 Alligator that serves in the Russian Air Force. Unlike the basic model, the Egyptian Ka-52 utilizes anti-corrosion materials and has a reinforced fuselage structure.

The Egyptian K-52 is a special edition "Nile Crocodile".. most likely Egypt asked for the possibility to use it mainly as land helicopter with some naval capabilities..

According to Janes magazine: The manufacturer presented the K-52K officially and expressed its readiness to export to customers on the 11th of June 2021 in a great presentation.

ka-52k-katran-harakteristiki-foto.jpg

webka-52k-on-display.jpg

That's good. Maybe then there was not much truth to the Katran tender that they signed for 36 Ka-52Ks? Weird, Perhaps this current modified version is ok to use for short maritime duties aboard the mistrals and they wanted the real naval version as a permanent platform, hence the tender. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

BTW, did you notice some of the aggressive flying of the Ka-52 that was paired with the Apache? That guy was doing some pretty cool Russian stuff, like turning sideways with the nose pointed down 45 degrees. That was some neat stuff we don't see that often. We've seen the Apache guys do it but not the Ka's until now. The Hinds also were doing some great stuff flying low and really fast.

Also this is probably the 2nd time only that we got to see the larger Lürssen 60m offshore patrol vessel and 9 of the Lürssen OPB-40 patrol boats.

1625367444270.png

1625367502227.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom