What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Sinai-200 will be mass produced as well which shows it meets the needs of the Egyptian army.

The turret with the D69 themal could be for the Sinai-200 considering its chassis is very similar to BMP-1.

Spotted this radar again that I saw in June 2020, but unsure if it is a new radar or ESR32A.

Screenshot 2021-06-30 11.44.18 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-06-30 11.44.17 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-06-30 11.44.16 PM.png

A good video on the capabilities of the JF-17 Thunder that Egypt will co-produce with China and Pakistan..Waiting for the Block III to be ready..

Promo about the (3 July) naval base in the Gargoub region where the Qadir 2021 exercise will take place...On Saturday, the President in Matrouh to inaugurate the largest military base on the Mediterranean, the "3 July Naval Base" in the presence of Egypt's guests

Last edited:
Promo about the (3 July) naval base in the Gargoub region where the Qadir 2021 exercise will take place...On Saturday, the President in Matrouh to inaugurate the largest military base on the Mediterranean, the "3 July Naval Base" in the presence of Egypt's guests

I'll have to take a look at it on google and see where it is in actual reference to the magnificent city of Marsa Matruh, which is actually a phenomenal Mediterranean Sea beach resort and really isn't that big. It has expanded considerably to residential buildings and of course the new towers but I remember it when it was barely 1-1/2 kilometers long from the famous beach hotel at the west end to the big masjid at the other end of the main road to the far east end of the city on top of the hill. All overlooking the notoriously white sand beaches and turquoise waters. To put a naval base within the city limits I would hope it would be further away and even outside of the city by quite a bit, as to not impede on the exquisite charm that is Marsa Matruh.

Like I mentioned, standing at the eastern end looking west, that Masjid used to be the end of the city back in the late 70s/80s. Now look how much it's expanded beyond but look at that charm. Hopefully that naval base is at least a few kilometers to one side or the other.

1625193024185.png

It's basically Alexandria of the western desert without much of the ancient history and legacy.

1625193691530.png

Looking west and this is what you see, included a little bit of a swim across the channel (or ferry ride but we like to swim the really deep channel and get the crap scared out of us looking down and very clear visibility and hoping a Mako or Great white doesn't spot you lol. Then a bit of a ride and you get to Cleopatra's baths rock formation. This lagoon beach comes up first.

1625193564209.png

Further west and you have the Cleopatra's Jacuzzi.

1625193832294.png

Let's hope that largest naval base doesn't encroach on any of this beautiful coastal city.
Now we're talking, Get these AW-149s on the Mistrals, That's the perfect place for them and reduce the number of Ka-52s.

1625194029054.png

I'll have to take a look at it on google and see where it is in actual reference to the magnificent city of Marsa Matruh, which is actually a phenomenal Mediterranean Sea beach resort and really isn't that big. It has expanded considerably to residential buildings and of course the new towers but I remember it when it was barely 1-1/2 kilometers long from the famous beach hotel at the west end to the big masjid at the other end of the main road to the far east end of the city on top of the hill. All overlooking the notoriously white sand beaches and turquoise waters. To put a naval base within the city limits I would hope it would be further away and even outside of the city by quite a bit, as to not impede on the exquisite charm that is Marsa Matruh.

Like I mentioned, standing at the eastern end looking west, that Masjid used to be the end of the city back in the late 70s/80s. Now look how much it's expanded beyond but look at that charm. Hopefully that naval base is at least a few kilometers to one side or the other.

View attachment 758573

It's basically Alexandria of the western desert without much of the ancient history and legacy.

View attachment 758575

Looking west and this is what you see, included a little bit of a swim across the channel (or ferry ride but we like to swim the really deep channel and get the crap scared out of us looking down and very clear visibility and hoping a Mako or Great white doesn't spot you lol. Then a bit of a ride and you get to Cleopatra's baths rock formation. This lagoon beach comes up first.

View attachment 758574

Further west and you have the Cleopatra's Jacuzzi.

View attachment 758576

Let's hope that largest naval base doesn't encroach on any of this beautiful coastal city.
Now we're talking, Get these AW-149s on the Mistrals, That's the perfect place for them and reduce the number of Ka-52s.

View attachment 758577
The base is located in Al-Nujaila town, some 70 km west of Marsa Matrouh..

https://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsCo...resident-to-inaugurate-rd-of-July-naval-.aspx

Enjoyed the exercise
The Sea Hake shooting off the U boat was very nice
The dignitary visit to the El Galala with the briefing caught my ear. I heard the words NH-90. The Qatari NH-90s look great, may be the Sea Sprite/Sea Kings are on course to be replaced by the NH-90 for EN as well?

That was incredible, considering there was so much traffic all at once with so many helos flying within each other's air space and the coordination of that entire event was well done.

Couple of things that caught my eye was once Sisi and dignitaries boarded the Mistral, it launched off the dock using its own bow and stern thrusters and no tug boat assistance at all. Then it spun and its stern was probably a couple hundred meters square off the dock and it stayed in place using it's GPS positioning propulsion for practically the entire exercise. Then it docked on its own also. That was impressive.

The other thing was the use of American and Russian helos and equipment at once. Watching an Apache and a Ka-52 flying together was pretty wild. You won't see that in too many places that's for sure.

As far as the NH-90, they've been interested in that for a while now, but what that fellow was talking about was his explanation to Sisi and co. that the hangers on the Berghamini FREMM are large enough and designed to store the NH-90 and other helos of that size. In the meantime, they had one of the Seasprites in there with one of the pilots talking and explaining some features of the helo. Good stuff, my friend. Thanks for upload.

Love this pic, BTW. 👍😁 The young man was very into all the firing and explosions.

1625328710828.png

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1625325135076.jpg

“July 3” is the largest naval base in the Middle East with a total area of more than 10 million square meters: an “Egyptian message of deterrence”

Last edited:
That was incredible, considering there was so much traffic all at once with so many helos flying within each other's air space and the coordination of that entire event was well done.

Couple of things that caught my eye was once Sisi and dignitaries boarded the Mistral, it launched off the dock using its own bow and stern thrusters and no tug boat assistance at all. Then it spun and its stern was probably a couple hundred meters square off the dock and it stayed in place using it's GPS positioning propulsion for practically the entire exercise. Then it docked on its own also. That was impressive.

The other thing was the use of American and Russian helos and equipment at once. Watching an Apache and a Ka-52 flying together was pretty wild. You won't see that in too many places that's for sure.

As far as the NH-90, they've been interested in that for a while now, but what that fellow was talking about was his explanation to Sisi and co. that the hangers on the Berghamini FREMM are large enough and designed to store the NH-90 and other helos of that size. In the meantime, they had one of the Seasprites in there with one of the pilots talking and explaining some features of the helo. Good stuff, my friend. Thanks for upload.

Love this pic, BTW. 👍😁 The young man was very into all the firing and explosions.

View attachment 759081
Emirati and Egyptian ties are still very close, I hope the anti ship missile under development by Halcon can be fitted on Egyptian ships hopefully if the need is there.

Back
Top Bottom