What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

So when was this source written, Habibi? Just curious because the timing has me a bit perplexed.
This is from earlier in 2021 about the new Block 2 series.

Forget to mention but ITAR free so no messy American government hands on them.

.......and dams.
Not sure really, Egypt wouldn't need to actually destroy the dam just send out sorties periodically to stop construction of the dam and damage it again and again.

Investors will stop funding, and the project will collapse.

Saw this on Reddit
  • The Egyptian Airforce would not have to turn the entire dam to dust. For example, they could strike the spillway gates ensuring that the reservoir won't start filling.

Not sure really, Egypt wouldn't need to actually destroy the dam just send out sorties periodically to stop construction of the dam and damage it again and again.

Saw this on Reddit
  • The Egyptian Airforce would not have to turn the entire dam to dust. For example, they could strike the spillway gates ensuring that the reservoir won't start filling.

Sending in agents or none state actors to explode the dam would be even easier

This is from earlier in 2021 about the new Block 2 series.

Good! That means my theory of them possibly using the block 1 last year is plausible. Just throwing it out there. :-)

Forget to mention but ITAR free so no messy American government hands on them.

Absolutely. It's bad enough that the Su-35 deal has to be completed in the "shadows", so to speak. So having much more freedom to acquire weaponry without any restrictions will be like a breath of fresh air.

Saw this on Reddit

I read similar opinions. To me, I still think the best way to deal with it would be a single, massive and utterly destructive blow to destroy it to a degree that it would have to be practically rebuilt entirely from scratch. Don't give them any chance to get back up on their feet or subject your pilots and aircraft to any additional exposure where they can be ready for them and cause you to lose some of your own assets. But that's just me.

They can't dilly dally with this since it's basically declaring war. Egypt has put up with the run-around from Ethiopia for just about a decade, now. So get in there and hit them hard once and for all and be done with it. No need to extend it or give them a chance to get back up on their feet. It's bad enough that there will be certain repercussions to deal with and the longer it gets dragged, the worst it will be for Egypt IMHO.

@Gomig-21
Heard someone say it could also be the Halcon Thunder P4 but not sure.

The image quality is so grainy its hard to tell so unless there is more footage ever released with them it's hard to tell.

1625534552117.png

Last edited:
@Gomig-21
Heard someone say it could also be the Halcon Thunder P4 but not sure.

Awesome. Is that still in development stage or is it ready?

I think the rumors will swirl but I think the Tariq makes a bit more sense because they were interested in that specific munition and mentioned it several times over a year ago. Not sure as my memory is getting shot with age lol, but there might've been even more to the interest like signing some kind of deal for the Al Tariq. But I hear ya, you never know until we either get a good and undeniable image or a reliable source stating the EAF indeed has purchased X-amount of such & such missiles.

Either way, I think it's awesome and a great look at things to come ISA.

Awesome. Is that still in development stage or is it ready?
Will have to check a video again but probably in late stage development or entering production soon for UAE's Mirage 2000s.

I wonder if France will allow integration of these same missiles on Egyptian Rafales or not.

Thunder 4 will have a lot more local contribution but not fully developed in country unfortunately.
I think the rumors will swirl but I think the Tariq makes a bit more sense because they were interested in that specific munition and mentioned it several times over a year ago. Not sure as my memory is getting shot with age lol, but there might've been even more to the interest like signing some kind of deal for the Al Tariq. But I hear ya, you never know until we either get a good and undeniable image or a reliable source stating the EAF indeed has purchased X-amount of such & such missiles.
I heard the same about those rumors actually a few years back but thought the deals were stalled tbh. It's good to hear that they may have gone through.

Just a thought, but what if the Mistral Carriers could use QX-3 from UAE to destroy enemy land and sea targets.

Just a thought, could supplement the attack helicopters for a large attack.

During a beach landing for example, these would take out machine guns, snipers, light vehicles allowing attack helicopters to engage more important targets.

Softening targets is very important before landing to insure tropps have the best situation on the field.

1625594836400.png

20210706_140447.jpg

With the missiles using a TV seeker developed by Halcon accuracy is within a meter of the target allowing even a small warhead to be very effective. There is also a shaped charge combined with the fragmention for light armored targets.

Last edited:
Just a thought, but what if the Mistral Carriers could use QX-3 from UAE to destroy enemy land and sea targets.

Just a thought, could supplement the attack helicopters for a large attack.

During a beach landing for example, these would take out machine guns, snipers, light vehicles allowing attack helicopters to engage more important targets.

Softening targets is very important before landing to insure tropps have the best situation on the field.

That's pretty cool, and they are already using the Schiebel Camcopter off the Mistrals. We saw one on deck during the admiral's interview on local TV, so they're certainly using drones off the ships or at least that particular one. It wouldn't be much of an issue I imagine to add that QX-3 to the inventory if they wanted to.

Impressive that it carries a couple of small munitions and has relatively good loitering time. I couldn't find any specs on its size. Would you happen to know what is its diameter or any size spec? Just curious how big it is.

Impressive that it carries a couple of small munitions and has relatively good loitering time. I couldn't find any specs on its size. Would you happen to know what is its diameter or any size spec? Just curious how big it is.
I guess you could compare the size to the guy in the back but can't find any detailed specs. Overall doesn't seem very big for the amount of hurt it can lay down and look at the little remote controller right there under it next to the sign.

Seems like as long as a average mans torso but that is just my guess.

1625604351683.png

But as I was saying, TV guidance is interesting and afaik isn't used in these systems very often. They are very cheap to produce with COTS sensors and are very cost effective.

Their accuracy is within 1 meter with man in the loop guidance and lockon target.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that the ones on the EAF Mirages are probably the earlier block missiles since the timing seems to be very close. It might even be that the EAF is participating in the testing of these missiles, considering they've been talking about them for a while now and obviously the pics. Also the Watiya attack makes all the sense with wither EAF or UAE Mirages. The fact that the EAF Mirages have their insignias covered is a huge telltale sign.

So when was this source written, Habibi? Just curious because the timing has me a bit perplexed.

.......and dams.
صور حديثة تكشف حصول مصر على قنابل الطارق البعيدة المدى

It is believed that the Tariq bombs obtained by Egypt are the two copies; Al Tariq-S and Al Tariq-LR.

The first version has a range of 40 km and is inertial guidance systems INS and GPS with an electro-optical seeker in the front to ensure the accuracy of the hit. This system can be combined on the MK-81 bomb of 113 kg, the MK-82 bomb of 225 kg, the MK-83 bomb of 450 kg, or even the MK-80 bomb of about 1 ton.

The second version has a range of 120 km and is equipped with wings that fly at a height of up to 12 km above the surface of the earth. The bomb disposes of the wings when it reaches above the target and then pounces on it from the top.

There is a third version of the Tariq grenades with an extended range of up to 200 km, equipped with a rocket propellant engine in the rear to increase the range, but it is not currently ready.

Egypt has a very large stockpile of American Mark bombs, which it obtained for decades from the United States in order to arm the F-4 Phantom and F-16 Falcon fighters.
The normal version has a range of approximately 40 km, and most importantly, this bomb has versions with a glide kit or a winged version such as the American GBU-39 bombs, and this will enhance its range to 120 km.

The large range of the winged version gives it a great ability to hit "soft" targets in depth from a range beyond all anti-missile coverage ranges - something that makes the Mirage 2000 a consideration for any offensive operations against any type of target, whether hitting ground defenses or infrastructure targets.

Regardless of the capabilities of the Egyptian Mirage 2000 in accommodating this type of bomb, but the presence of the winged version makes it the best bomb within the ammunition of Egyptian fighters in terms of range (it is superior to almost all French, Russian and American ammunition in terms of range).

With Egypt obtaining the Emirati Al-Tariq system, it will integrate it on the Mark bombs to convert the dumb bombs into smart guided bombs with impressive ranges from 40 to 120 km.

So this will be the first thrust vectoring aircraft in the EAF. Would love to see the pilots do some "Russian" aerobatics, like the Cobra or the Kulbit and several others. Anyone seen other pilots from other nations who might've purchased the Su-30MK (since it's a more common export model than the Su-35 because it's been around for a while longer) perform any of those Russian maneuvers? I haven't seen any, not even the Malaysian whom are quite aggressive with their Su-30s. Not the IAF as they fly them with great discipline and mostly stay away from that type of showboating.

I don't think I've had more anticipation for anything coming to the EAF as much as this behemoth of a beast. Probably because it might be the most lethal aircraft it their inventory as well as being surrounded by all the sanctions stuff etc. But mostly because of its capabilities; just a monster!

I also hope they do place a roundel on the fuselage unlike in this pic as well as the MiG-29Ms. This was almost a year ago and with the way things are going, we should be seeing them rather soon.

1625699434011.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom