What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Yes, the pilot is Egyptian
2e11463b-5b8b-4b12-b045-a004488df94b-jpeg.656863

The 79th squadron is one of 3 squadrons along with the 75th and 77th TFS of the 272 Tactical Fighter Wing based out of Gianaclis Air Base and they all operate F-16 C/D block 40 which were part of the last upgrade package where they took all the F-16s that weren't block 40 or 52 obvioulsy and upgraded them all to block 40 standard where they received new avionics and were all able to fire the AIM-7 and a few other upgrades. That must be what that patch is all about as it mirrors the original patch for that unit prior to the block 40 upgrade.

abd.jpg

@Gomig-21
Perfect partner for that is Denel, they are running out of money and seem desperate for funds. They have a HUGE missile product line. They will allow local production, and ToT with the deals, UAE made 5000 Tariqs as of last year. Integration on platforms platforms as well.

I like it, bro. I remember a couple of years ago there was a substantial interest from the EAF for the Tariq missile. Not sure what ever became of it and of course we wouldn't know unless we saw one of the aircraft carrying one of them if they actually made a deal.

My only problem with Denel (which has plagued the EAF for decades and I'm not sure if they should just bag the idea and not worry about it anymore or continue to avoid any weapons that have a lineage back to a certain entity) but Denel in SA was heavily involved in merges with Israeli firms such as Rafael and others if I'm not mistaken and so I'm not sure how to feel if we tangle ourselves with munitions and products that have Israeli prints on them for fear of you know what, or just forget that old paranoia and move forward? The UAE doesn't seem to mind but I know for a fact that we avoid all that stuff like the plague and I think for good reason TBH.

We should clearly be able to start completely from scratch on our own. I don't see any reason why that can't be done as far as a WVR and BVR missiles. If we're this adept with radars already, the next step would be working on aircraft radars and producing an AESA up-gradable radar that then can work with domestic missiles in all the stages that radars do especially with BVR ones. The concept sounds a bit more challenging and intimating but it really isn't'.

My only problem with Denel (which has plagued the EAF for decades and I'm not sure if they should just bag the idea and not worry about it anymore or continue to avoid any weapons that have a lineage back to a certain entity) but Denel in SA was heavily involved in merges with Israeli firms such as Rafael and others if I'm not mistaken and so I'm not sure how to feel if we tangle ourselves with munitions and products that have Israeli prints on them for fear of you know what, or just forget that old paranoia and move forward? The UAE doesn't seem to mind but I know for a fact that we avoid all that stuff like the plague and I think for good reason TBH.
Dont think they still have cooperation with the Israelis, after apartheid they tried to clear their conscience. They did gain a lot from them, but no direct ties today I think. I'm not 100% but pretty sure. Don't think Egypt would have tried to buy the Umkhonto missile if that was the case.

Last edited:
We should clearly be able to start completely from scratch on our own. I don't see any reason why that can't be done as far as a WVR and BVR missiles. If we're this adept with radars already, the next step would be working on aircraft radars and producing an AESA up-gradable radar that then can work with domestic missiles in all the stages that radars do especially with BVR ones. The concept sounds a bit more challenging and intimating but it really isn't'.
UAE path is to hire many engineers and work with them in developing missiles. Halcon for example has many South Africans that worked in Denel. Maybe could work for Egypt as well if you pay them enough. Not directly connected to Denel but their experiences is ample. That is the easiest way to develop industry quickly, China did it after USSR collapse, and US and others did it after the German collapse.

Something quite interesting I dug up on Linkedin which helped Egypt in its radar development back in the 90s. This was for coproduction of TPS-63 which the ESR-32A was a upgraded copy of.

Overseas position on Egyptian Co-Production program; Several year contract involving the transfer of tooling and technologies required for the production of complex electronic hardware in Benha, Egypt. Responsibilities included managing factory start up; machine tool evaluation, selection and installation; transfer of all manufacturing processes and technologies; initiation of quality control requirements, including SPC; strong interaction with Egyptian factory management and end-use military customer.

Something quite interesting I dug up on Linkedin which helped Egypt in its radar development back in the 90s. This was for coproduction of TPS-63 which the ESR-32A was a upgraded copy of.

Overseas position on Egyptian Co-Production program; Several year contract involving the transfer of tooling and technologies required for the production of complex electronic hardware in Benha, Egypt. Responsibilities included managing factory start up; machine tool evaluation, selection and installation; transfer of all manufacturing processes and technologies; initiation of quality control requirements, including SPC; strong interaction with Egyptian factory management and end-use military customer.
The fact is that Egypt innovates a lot in upgrading and tailor making all its existing systems.. and starting new products only when it is cost effective..

The fact is that Egypt innovates a lot in upgrading and tailor making all its existing systems.. and starting new products only when it is cost effective..

But that is the thing too we barley see anything new with exception to the armored vehicles st-100 and st-500. I case as well you did not realize that indigenous Egyptian 2D radar they called to have made at the EDEX 2018 expo by them self's is almost very similar to the American TPS-63 radar. It looks like they just took it and just refurbished it. That shows our lack of ability to be able to innovate by our self's.

But that is the thing too we barley see anything new with exception to the armored vehicles st-100 and st-500. I case as well you did not realize that indigenous Egyptian 2D radar they called to have made at the EDEX 2018 expo by them self's is almost very similar to the American TPS-63 radar. It looks like they just took it and just refurbished it. That shows our lack of ability to be able to innovate by our self's.
Correction: Egypt made the ESR-32A, it is copy of it not refurbished. But generally I agree with this statement, it is caused by many reasons some of which are preventable. Nobody wants to give out tech today, if Egypt had not been sabotages by its leaders, and the Israelis it would be producing much more today.

Last edited:
Correction: Egypt made the ESR-32A, it is copy of it not refurbished. But generally I agree with this statement, it is caused by many reasons some of which are preventable. Nobody wants to give out tech today, if Egypt had not been sabotages by its leaders, and the Israelis it would be producing much more today.

I absolutely agree with you. I do hope that by EDEX 2020 we Egypt have at least made some progress nto create our own product rather than just make something based on something else. I wonder what the 3D version of the radar they said they would reveal would be though?

I absolutely agree with you. I do hope that by EDEX 2020 we Egypt have at least made some progress nto create our own product rather than just make something based on something else. I wonder what the 3D version of the radar they said they would reveal would be though?
I saw something interesting at a factory, it looks to be a short range radar. I think this is fully Egyptian product but we will see at EDEX 2020.

1595060188051.png

I saw something interesting at a factory, it looks to be a short range radar. I think this is fully Egyptian product but we will see at EDEX 2020.

View attachment 656944

Oh! I seem to kind of recall you guys posting something similar over hear a while ago. It does look interesting to. It looks like they are testing some component they may have manufactured. But that stand look weird tho as well. I guess we will just have to wait and see for EDEX 2020.

I wonder weather even anyone knows something the full capabilities of the Benha electronics factory. I wonder weather the research and development centers over there are large or well equipped enough to support or bring out a project of this kind. Do you know if any changes were made or if they my have expanded the facility? I am not able to figure that out my self.

Oh! I seem to kind of recall you guys posting something similar over hear a while ago. It does look interesting to. It looks like they are testing some component they may have manufactured. But that stand look weird tho as well. I guess we will just have to wait and see for EDEX 2020.
I think it is a tripod stand or bipod stand for vehicle portable deployment rapidly.
I wonder weather even anyone knows something the full capabilities of the Benha electronics factory. I wonder weather the research and development centers over there are large or well equipped enough to support or bring out a project of this kind. Do you know if any changes were made or if they my have expanded the facility? I am not able to figure that out my self.
I don't see why not, it seems they have a lot of experience from licencing the Chinese, and the American radars. I can see quite a large manufacturing facility in this video here is the video you can watch if you like, check about. I skipped to the parts about radars.

btw i kind of recall either you or @Goming-21 were saying the US has offered us the F-15s instead of the Su-35 is that actually correct because i don't remember reading any of online sources stating that.
That was not me neither @Gomig-21.. It was not offered..and even if it was it wouldn't have the most advanced weapons or radar and other important components..SiSi went for the F-35 because he knew they won't sell it to Egypt and thus he could order the SU-35 with ease..

Back
Top Bottom