What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

@Gomig-21
I noticed does Egypt not like to buy Russian ships?

Great question. I think it had a few old Ruskie ships prior to 1973 but after that with the switch to US built equipment, it basically had a majority American fleet from then on. Now it's dealing with Europeans makers so that really is an interesting question.

There was a time a few years ago where they were thinking of a particular Russian Corvette or something, I forget the name but the Molina came out of that brief exchange and that was it. @The SC would know more about what ship the EGY navy was interested in more than me.

Great question. I think it had a few old Ruskie ships prior to 1973 but after that with the switch to US built equipment, it basically had a majority American fleet from then on. Now it's dealing with Europeans makers so tht really is an interesting question.

There was a time a few years ago where they were thinking of a particular Russian Corvette or something, I forget the name but the Molina came out of that brief exchange and that was it. @The SC would know more about what ship the EGY navy was interested in more than me.
Wish that Egypt can get ToT for Buyan-M 1000 ton Corvette with 300km LACM Kalibr, and Oniks anti ship missile. Only country willing to provide LACM from a naval platform to Egypt.

That was it!
Doesn't seem to have become a deal sadly. Let's hope it will in the future.

Also, @Gomig-21 let's hope that Egyptian airforce will acquire and be able to integrate UAE/South African Tariq cruise missile development shown last year. Supposedly has 200km range at least, so that asset will help bridge the gap between Scalp and other weapons in Egyptian inventory. It will be developed to 300km according to engineers to comply with MTCR.

Wish that Egypt can get ToT for Buyan-M 1000 ton Corvette with 300km LACM Kalibr, and Oniks anti ship missile. Only country willing to provide LACM from a naval platform to Egypt.

Those are some hefty and powerful ships I remember SC opened one of his phenomenally informative threads about Egypt being interested in the Buyan class ships and posted a lot of very cool information. If you do a search on it in the Arab Section I bet it comes up.

Much of the thread after that went into the usual hate bull**** but we're used to that by now.

And also, for the Rafales there is going to be a UAE MBDA joint development to carry 18 Smart Glider and the Mirage 2000 will carry at least 12 munitions with 100km range for swarming targets or individual targeting. MBDA(French mostly company) were looking for funding so the UAE got ToT to establish facilities in the UAE related to flight testing and engineering and gave funding. Will make Egyptian air force even deadlier with these for A2G missions.

Photo-MBDA-launches-SmartGlider.jpg

DD3lGdFXYAAH0Yk.jpg

Doesn't seem to have become a deal sadly. Let's hope it will in the future.

Also, @Gomig-21 let's hope that Egyptian airforce will acquire and be able to integrate UAE/South African Tariq cruise missile development shown last year. Supposedly has 200km range at least, so that asset will help bridge the gap between Scalp and other weapons in Egyptian inventory. It will be developed to 300km according to engineers to comply with MTCR.

Love it. Who'd thunk that we'd be doing something in that capacity with South Africa knowing how loyal they were to Israel (even here on this forum the one and only SA member is a BIG TIME EGY hater lmfao) but what is truly incredible is how we barely lift our head up to shake it from amazement of one weapons purchase when we get bitch-slapped in the face about another big deal happening and these aren't little deals for 100 AK=47s lolzo, these are mega deals left and right no wonder they're all starting to hate us!!! :lol:

Love it. Who'd thunk that we'd be doing something in that capacity with South Africa knowing how loyal they were to Israel (even here on this forum the one and only SA member is a BIG TIME EGY hater lmfao) but what is truly incredible is how we barely lift our head up to shake it from amazement of one weapons purchase when we get bitch-slapped in the face about another big deal happening and these aren't little deals for 100 AK=47s lolzo, these are mega deals left and right no wonder they're all starting to hate us!!! :lol:
Well the UAE is developing very quickly in the region, they have a 100% Emirati owned IP company called Halcon.

P.S.
Dont tell the SA member but many engineers working there are South Africans.

I saw that thread you opened briefly but didnt get a chance to jump in but will do tomorrow for sure, I have a little bit to say about this awesome deal.
Personally I say that instead of reinventing the wheel all Arab nations should focus on one high technology thing and master that instead of reinventing the wheel every single time.

For example:
Egypt should focus on Radar, and electronic warfare.

UAE should focus on missiles like A2G, A2A, etc.

Jordan should focus on ATGM and RPG systems.

KSA should focus on ship systems while developing a blend of everything.

And in theory this should be shared amongst each other freely to develop each others capabilities in the field of military technology.

Wait for the Russian economic and industrial zone to open soon in Egypt.. and you will see a lot of ships and other systems being made in JVs between Egypt and Russia..

Last edited:

To add to that too it would provide Egypt with weapon capabilities that no western naval platform will offer to Egypt. The way i see it is Russia could have trouble funding the Buyan-M frigate program and therefore seems to make really slow progress into making the ship ready for export. It will also be able to acquire it a lot more easily than western ships. 4-6 Ships with ToT would be excellent.

I don't think that matters bro. It is called business. Countries get money in return and a lot of benefits in wanting to get involved in projects like these with other countries and regards less of what there political views are and you are they loyal too. And why not as well! It fact i wonder why we don't take opportunities like these to join these weapon development programs.

Last edited:
I don't think that matters bro. It is called business. Countries get money in return and a lot of benefits in wanting to get involved in projects like these with other countries and regards less of what there political views are and you are they loyal too. And why not as well! It fact i wonder why we don't take opportunities like these to join these weapon development programs.
Yeah it is ample time that Egypt cooperates with South Africa on missile projects, they have a lot to offer. A2A missile should be the focus, while UAE develope A2G missiles.

Back
Top Bottom