What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

But that is the thing too we barley see anything new with exception to the armored vehicles st-100 and st-500. I case as well you did not realize that indigenous Egyptian 2D radar they called to have made at the EDEX 2018 expo by them self's is almost very similar to the American TPS-63 radar. It looks like they just took it and just refurbished it. That shows our lack of ability to be able to innovate by our self's.

I don't think they look anything alike whatsoever. The radar planes are completely different designs.

This is the American TPS-63 radar in its tactical setting:

350px-TPS-63.jpg

And this is the Egyptian designed and built ESR-32A:

DtjGuX8WwAAvgaY.jpg

The concept of a radar with its own systems booth as part of the entire unit is a common design because of its practicality in that it can be towed or placed on top of a trailer and trailered to a desirable spot etc. So that's not a big deal at all. As a matter of fact, I don't think the Egyptian system has it's own wheels and trailer hitch so it can be towed and can only be transported on a trailer. So between that and the completely different shape of the radar dish itself, I wouldn't say they're anything close to a copy let a lone "refurbished"!!!! Sorry but that's crazy.

Look what China has done from wheeled chassis to fighter jets to transport planes. They did whatever it took to start their own domestic military development and indigenous program and practically reverse-engineered every single thing out there. So even if it was a reverse-engineered or "refurbished" item, it wouldn't bother me one bit because you do what you can to get ahead. The problem is, here, is that it's not reverse engineered nor refurbished and I think that's a rather unfair statement. If anything, the concept might be imitated but that's about it.

That was not me neither @Gomig-21.. It was not offered..and even if it was it wouldn't have the most advanced weapons or radar and other important components..SiSi went for the F-35 because he knew they won't sell it to Egypt and thus he could order the SU-35 with ease..

I think the only thing we had eluded to was that what is Egypt supposed to do, say ok, we won't go ahead with the acquisition of the Su-35s even though it's been 2 years since the order was put in and probably half the money was paid already as well as some of the jets ready to be delivered soon and that suddenly Egypt was going to abandon the deal and for what? Will the Americans offer the F-15 instead or maybe the latest variant of the Viper and if so, would it still be stripped of the AIM-120 and AIM-9X or will they start supplying those too, now?

I think that's what we had asked, so to speak, to determine if the US had any grounds to stand on or were at least willing to reciprocate in some way by offering what would be as close to the equivalent as possible and that would be the F-15 PLUS the AIM-120 & 9X since without the AMRAAMs, it certainly wouldn't be worth it at all. And then I had opened that thread where the Russians claimed that Egypt had bought the Su-35S because they thought it was a far superior aircraft than the American F-15. Then we wondered how they would know that unless they took both on a test flight and had EAF pilots test both aircraft and put in their recommendations about them and that would mean that the US had offered the F-15 to Egypt if that was the case. But we have no solid proof of that and these were only assumptions made as a result of what the Russians had said.

Last edited:
Get a load of this bs spread by Turkish sources
I recall a C-130 flying from Egypt to Syria but that was a month or two ago... If it was the case do they have a delay fuse in their heads? Till now this is nothing but a claim like ‘ISIS claiming more than a 100 soldiers dead in Bir el Abd’ or so.
Here is a video I found that dates back to Qader 2020,
The 79th squadron is one of 3 squadrons along with the 75th and 77th TFS of the 272 Tactical Fighter Wing based out of Gianaclis Air Base and they all operate F-16 C/D block 40 which were part of the last upgrade package where they took all the F-16s that weren't block 40 or 52 obvioulsy and upgraded them all to block 40 standard where they received new avionics and were all able to fire the AIM-7 and a few other upgrades. That must be what that patch is all about as it mirrors the original patch for that unit prior to the block 40 upgrade.
When was that upgrade?

When was that upgrade?

I'll look for it and tag you when I find it. It was a couple years ago, at least.
BUT.......
Check this out, I just saw this today! Maybe this is the upgrade the ambassador was talking about, overhauling all the engines on the F-16s!

Egyptian F-16 engine upgrade underway
Written by defenceWeb -
30th Jul 2019

An Egyptian Air Force F-16.
General Electric Aviation has started upgrading F110 engines for the Egyptian Air Force’s F-16 fleet.

General Electric Aviation said on 26 July that the first F110-100 engine was overhauled last week and a ceremony held in San Antonio to mark the occasion, with personnel from the United States Air Force (USAF), Egyptian Air Force, General Electric, StandardAero and DLA-Aviation attending.

In May, the US Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Aviation and the USAF awarded a Pacer Pharaoh Programme support contract to GE Aviation valued at more than $79 million for Engine Structural Integrity Programme (ENSIP) repair and Service Life Extension Programme (SLEP) upgrades of F110-100A and B engines to the F110-100C.

The F110-100C SLEP upgrades critical components, including the combustor, high pressure turbine, compressor and augmentor. These enhancements combine to extend the service life of the engine, reduce operating cost, increase reliability and improve safety. The programme is designed to provide a significant time-on-wing increase, 25% improvement in cost per flight hour, and a 50% extension in engine phase inspections, General Electric Aviation said.

This is the first F110 engine maintenance, repair and overhaul relationship between GE and Standard Aero. It will allow GE to provide complete SLEP/ENSIP repair capability to their customers. StandardAero will provide engine level disassembly, reassembly and test portion of the workscopes. GE will provide engineering, material and the depot-level repair support at its facility in Winfield, Kansas.

In October 2018, General Electric Aviation was awarded a $275 million contract to upgrade the engines of Egypt’s F-16 Fighting Falcon fleet. Work was expected to be completed by 30 October 2023.

The F110-GE-100 engine is the alternate power plant for the Block 30/32/40 variants of the F-16, powering the fighter from 1985 after the US Air Force encountered maintenance problems with the original Pratt & Whitney F100.

According to Jane’s, the Egyptian Air Force received 36 F110-GE-100-powered F-16C and 81 F110-GE-100-powered F-16D Block 40 aircraft between October 1991 and June 2001, as well as other F100-PW-220 powered F-16s.

The Egyptian Air Force is one of the largest F-16 operators in the world, with 220 aircraft in service. It is Egypt’s primary frontline fighter, although it is being supplemented by Dassault Rafales and MiG-29s.

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/aerospace-aerospace/egyptian-f-16-engine-upgrade-underway/

Last edited:
@ARCH٤R , the upgrade listed in that article above is most likely what the ambassador was talking about and is happening as we speak since it's supposed to end sometime in 2023 although my guess is that it's been slightly delayed due to the coronavirus. And what hasn't right? But if that is the case, then I don't see any AMRAAMs in the equation and how come I'm not surprised? lol. Unless by some miracle he was referring to yet another upgrade! But I doubt it and my guess that patch is for pilots involved in this current upgrade.

This is the entire modification to Block-40 I was referring to. It was quite extensive and I was wrong about the AIM-7. It was the HARPOON and GBU-15 and giving them laser capabilities as well as quite a few other modifications. But it was essentially upgrading the entire fleet of Vipers under block 40 up to block 42 standard which is a huge undertaking. If it happend together with the 5th order of F-16s, then that was in 2002 and whatever the duration of the upgrade took, 2 years for all those aircraft and all those upgrades? I would say to answer your question, between 2000 - 2002. So it was a little while ago.

These are the details of that upgrade:

Together with the 5th order, Egypt decided to modify older F-16C/D aircraft in-country through Engineering Change Proposals detailing requirements for the installation and integration of HARPOON and GBU-15 weapons capability, aircraft radar modifications and other related elements of program support. Principal contractors for the upgrade program will be McDonnell Douglas, St. Louis, Mo.; Rockwell International, Tactical Systems Division, Duluth, Ga. and the Westinghouse Electronic Systems Group, Baltimore, M.D.

All aircraft in the Block 15 and 32 series have been or will be upgraded with most Block 40/42 features, thus retaining the Pratt&Whitney F-100 engines and the small inlet ducts. As a consequence, every Egyptian F-16 (Block 15, 32 or 40) can accommodate the LANTIRN-system (they have been modified with the holographic HUD) giving them full autonomous laser weapon handling (i.e. GBU-15's, AGM-65D's). Together with the 6th deal, a batch of AGM-88 missiles was also delivered for usage on the block 40 airframes.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_users_article4.html

I don't think they look anything alike whatsoever. The radar planes are completely different designs.

This is the American TPS-63 radar in its tactical setting:

350px-TPS-63.jpg

And this is the Egyptian designed and built ESR-32A:

DtjGuX8WwAAvgaY.jpg

The concept of a radar with its own systems booth as part of the entire unit is a common design because of its practicality in that it can be towed or placed on top of a trailer and trailered to a desirable spot etc. So that's not a big deal at all. As a matter of fact, I don't think the Egyptian system has it's own wheels and trailer hitch so it can be towed and can only be transported on a trailer. So between that and the completely different shape of the radar dish itself, I wouldn't say they're anything close to a copy let a lone "refurbished"!!!! Sorry but that's crazy.

Look what China has done from wheeled chassis to fighter jets to transport planes. They did whatever it took to start their own domestic military development and indigenous program and practically reverse-engineered every single thing out there. So even if it was a reverse-engineered or "refurbished" item, it wouldn't bother me one bit because you do what you can to get ahead. The problem is, here, is that it's not reverse engineered nor refurbished and I think that's a rather unfair statement. If anything, the concept might be imitated but that's about it.

I used should not have used that term over there. I rather i should have said that it is a starting point to developing an indigenous product. Trying to develop an Egyptian system is probably to so easy since it requires a lot of dedicated funds and effort to be put by engineers. Information on how these system are manufactured or designed by countries say USA, China, or Russia is classified and would not to share information like to Egypt. The point is i am trying to make over hear is stealing a 75 percent portion of someones idea and claiming it to be there's is a problem!

If you were to look at what china does for example when they reverse engineer there system is they make alot of major modifications to the technical and physical specifications of the system. For example if you were to look at china F-7 fighter they manufactured in the 1960s although it is very similar to the Mig-21 it almost entirely new aircraft.

But nevertheless wise i do expect to see a lot of improvements in the upcoming EDEX 2020 exhibition. Lets wait and see.

This is why I say we jump on that Italian mega deal that includes the 24 Typhoons in a heartbeat and get them delivered just like these for the Kuwaiti Air Force which will be starting to receive theirs next month and will be considered the most advanced Eurofighter Typhoons to date with the P3EB development package and will be coming with Meteors, Paveway III and BLU-109 bunker buster bombs and more. Match these bad boys with the Rafales and what a deadly combo they would make.

EeO2UvjX0AA8PPC

How's this for a weapon's load and nothing but Meteors for A2A missiles.

Ebc0zfLXgAUPlcQ

Last edited:
Here is a video I found that dates back to Qader 2020,

That's a great video, BTW. Music is a little shalawangy but hey, lol. The action is great, especially all the helicopters that you don't see too often. Apaches and Ka-52s zipping by on the tarmac.

There was a video years ago during the revolution when a couple of Apaches surprised the beach goers at an Alexandria beach and were flying right on the edge of the water and sand and messing with the people it was great. They were loving it and kept telling them to come back and those guys were showing off some pretty decent pilot skillz, moving those things sideways down the beach and kicking up sand in their faces lol. There's so many videos it would take forever to find it but it's one of the better ones like this one.

More Su-35SE pics.

EeMgZhTWkAEy56N

EeMgZtNWkAEzjTA

That's a great video, BTW. Music is a little shalawangy but hey, lol. The action is great, especially all the helicopters that you don't see too often. Apaches and Ka-52s zipping by on the tarmac.

There was a video years ago during the revolution when a couple of Apaches surprised the beach goers at an Alexandria beach and were flying right on the edge of the water and sand and messing with the people it was great. They were loving it and kept telling them to come back and those guys were showing off some pretty decent pilot skillz, moving those things sideways down the beach and kicking up sand in their faces lol. There's so many videos it would take forever to find it but it's one of the better ones like this one.

More Su-35SE pics.

EeMgZhTWkAEy56N

EeMgZtNWkAEzjTA

The Egyptian Su-35SE is my favorite fighter plane. There us to be a Turkish guy over hear spamming this forum and trying to show of his countries weapons and trys to prove Egypt is very weak compared to them. He is propably dying of jealousy right now.

Just some nice cool photos of the SU-35 i found online thought maybe a good idea of sharing them.

f655150957c5617795a0bb46dc0c1dc0.jpg

1587019217_37.jpg
SU35B.jpg

Oh and look at this video of how and SU-35 turns. Its kind of stunning.

It has to be admitted tho that this thing is a threat to the F-15 Eagle. No wonder why the US is Pissed of us buying this plane and has threatened as with sanctions. Once this Plane goes into service into the Egyptian Air Force it will ultimately eliminate the balance of power the United States had succeeded in maintaining for decades buy selling to Israel the F-15 and not to Egypt. Which has what made the United States so upset right now.

Just some nice cool photos of the SU-35 i found online thought maybe a good idea of sharing them.

View attachment 657584

View attachment 657585 View attachment 657586

Oh and look at this video of how and SU-35 turns. Its kind of stunning.

It has to be admitted tho that this thing is a threat to the F-15 Eagle. No wonder why the US is Pissed of us buying this plane and has threatened as with sanctions. Once this Plane goes into service into the Egyptian Air Force it will ultimately eliminate the balance of power the United States had succeeded in maintaining for decades buy selling to Israel the F-15 and not to Egypt. Which has what made the United States so upset right now.

The advantage this plane would give Egypt is offset by Israeli F-35s; the US would be keep Israel a step ahead in terms of tech and weaponry to not erode the advantage. Plus they’ll have access to spare parts using a conflict in which case Egypt is at risk of sanctions.

The advantage this plane would give Egypt is offset by Israeli F-35s; the US would be keep Israel a step ahead in terms of tech and weaponry to not erode the advantage. Plus they’ll have access to spare parts using a conflict in which case Egypt is at risk of sanctions.
Advantage can be neutralized with GLCM or long range MLRS to take out airbases.

The F-35 is garbage btw. Junk piece of military equipment. Have you not listened to Pierre Sprey's YouTube videos on the F-35 the aircraft. In case you don't know this guy he is the the person that designed the F-16 back in the 1970. The F-35 is very poor maneuverability, very under powered since its powered by just one engine, and is so complex that it need to stay 3 days in maintenance after every flight before it cane be flown again, and by that time the pilot would have forgotten there flying skills. The F-35 was apparently shoot down in syria by the Syrian air defense i believe by an old vintage 50s or 60s s-200 sam. Even a MIG 21 would easily out maneuver it and rip it apart in a dog fight.

Besides that as well the F-35 cannot be compared to the SU-35 since they are both totally different fighters of different classes. The Su-35 is a Heavy weight fighter, but the F-35 is light weight fighter.

The F-35 is garbage btw. Junk piece of military equipment. Have you not listened to Pierre Sprey's YouTube videos on the F-35 the aircraft. In case you don't know this guy he is the the person that designed the F-16 back in the 1970. The F-35 is very poor maneuverability, very under powered since its powered by just one engine, and is so complex that it need to stay 3 days in maintenance after every flight before it cane be flown again, and by that time the pilot would have forgotten there flying skills. The F-35 was apparently shoot down in syria by the Syrian air defense i believe by an old vintage 50s or 60s s-200 sam. Even a MIG 21 would easily out maneuver it and rip it apart in a dog fight.

Besides that as well the F-35 cannot be compared to the SU-35 since they are both totally different fighters of different classes. The Su-35 is a Heavy weight fighter, but the F-35 is light weight fighter.
Pierre Sprey is an idiot who didn't design the F16, and who actually said at the time that it doesn't need a radar as dogfights were the future.
The rest of your post is equally idiotic.

Back
Top Bottom