What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

They seem a bit confused in that article.. there are more Italian FREMM coming.. but they will all be made in Italy..20 Falaj class will all be made in Egypt.. You know you can't just jump from corvettes to heavy frigates of 6000 tons.... but the good news is at least one MEKO 200 will be made in Egypt ..hopefully still..

Egypt may as well take the challenge and try and build two FREMM frigates at its Italian Shipyards. I kind of heard from another source as well too that Fincantieri had also offered another two additional ships from the Italian Navy apart from the ones that have been initially offered. Which i doubt to is correct.

Egypt is taking chance of a lot of great deals, specially those frigates built for their own navies and before entering to service as they can be delivered as quick as possible, in addition to their high quality.

My main concern is that we shall get weapons that are guaranteed to be out of any sort of American influence including their armament, in present or in the future.

Is Umkhonto missile coming with it? Denel seems to be collapsing so this option may come off the table.
Why is that? Are you South African? If so can you tell us what is happening to Denel? Egypt should buy shares in Denel if so, it’ll help the Defence Industry in Egypt and I’m sure there is a good chance now that there is a global economic crisis...
Does anyone have an idea about the status of private defence sectors in Egypt? It needs to be dramatically improve IMO. Hope I’ll contribute to it in the future - till then the Sawiris family should put this into consideration (Laughs), we have good ties with countries that need to insure their national security.

Why is that? Are you South African? If so can you tell us what is happening to Denel? Egypt should buy shares in Denel if so, it’ll help the Defence Industry in Egypt and I’m sure there is a good chance now that there is a global economic crisis...
Does anyone have an idea about the status of private defence sectors in Egypt? It needs to be dramatically improve IMO. Hope I’ll contribute to it in the future - till then the Sawiris family should put this into consideration (Laughs), we have good ties with countries that need to insure their national security.
Well I am not South African but I know South Africans that came to Germany to work here in various defense companies like Diehl that formerly worked at Denel and they have told me the situation is not good. They can't pay salaries and many senior employees are quitting and moving to countries like the UAE and EU nations. Well, I assume they must be willing to sell shares know that their situation is much more dire than what it was when the Saudi wanted to buy it in 2018.

If it is old, then it would not millitairy. Some Arabs watched the video they confirmed about the accent a Egyptian. But it is that old? GCC was against Assad back in the days, would Egypt sending millitias to Assad.
Egypt does not ‘send’ people there, they go because they want to. Maybe he has Syrian roots, or lives in Syria. Maybe he was offered good money but either way an Egyptian fighting for Syria doesn’t mean Egypt sent him, just like how a European in ISIS isn’t sent based on the government’s wishes. The government does not pose restrictions on what Egyptians can do outside the country.

Well I am not South African but I know South Africans that came to Germany to work here in various defense companies like Diehl that formerly worked at Denel and they have told me the situation is not good. They can't pay salaries and many senior employees are quitting and moving to countries like the UAE and EU nations. Well, I assume they must be willing to sell shares know that their situation is much more dire than what it was when the Saudi wanted to buy it in 2018.
Thanks for that information. It’s sad that Denel has such problems, I think Denel could and should be nationalized (at least partially).
@Gomig-21 Many approach to share such things, I think it clarifies what they want...

I don't think they look anything alike whatsoever. The radar planes are completely different designs.

This is the American TPS-63 radar in its tactical setting:

350px-TPS-63.jpg

And this is the Egyptian designed and built ESR-32A:

DtjGuX8WwAAvgaY.jpg

The concept of a radar with its own systems booth as part of the entire unit is a common design because of its practicality in that it can be towed or placed on top of a trailer and trailered to a desirable spot etc. So that's not a big deal at all. As a matter of fact, I don't think the Egyptian system has it's own wheels and trailer hitch so it can be towed and can only be transported on a trailer. So between that and the completely different shape of the radar dish itself, I wouldn't say they're anything close to a copy let a lone "refurbished"!!!! Sorry but that's crazy.

Look what China has done from wheeled chassis to fighter jets to transport planes. They did whatever it took to start their own domestic military development and indigenous program and practically reverse-engineered every single thing out there. So even if it was a reverse-engineered or "refurbished" item, it wouldn't bother me one bit because you do what you can to get ahead. The problem is, here, is that it's not reverse engineered nor refurbished and I think that's a rather unfair statement. If anything, the concept might be imitated but that's about it.
And also, I know some Serb veterans living in Germany who I discuss the tactics in the war with NATO with and they say that the TPS-63 and TPS-70 in service with the Serbs was much better then Soviet radars at just about everything and without it they would have had a severe disadvantage. It had better electronic warfare methods against HARM and ALARM missile and easier and safer operation.

@Gomig-21 Many approach to share such things, I think it clarifies what they want...

Trust me ya habibi, there's plenty of threads for starting flame wars and things of that sort, especially from that one group and supporting cast. The one thread that should be protected from that kind of rubbish is this one. Otherwise, it'll just turn into another one of those Sisi hating Egypt pounding and thrashing flame wars for the next few pages and nothing worthy of good discussion and posts, just hateful drivel. If that's what it comes down to, it won't be wort a damn.

Trust me ya habibi, there's plenty of threads for starting flame wars and things of that sort, especially from that one group and supporting cast. The one thread that should be protected from that kind of rubbish is this one. Otherwise, it'll just turn into another one of those Sisi hating Egypt pounding and thrashing flame wars for the next few pages and nothing worthy of good discussion and posts, just hateful drivel. If that's what it comes down to, it won't be wort a damn.
I came and I saw, I am not involved in other threads for that reason.
55ACB52C-3CCF-4BDC-85D3-BEFFF8695749.png
79F98ACF-FE6A-40EE-915A-83E3F7998A08.png
D991FF47-8515-4744-A012-0CC5B51D0969.png
63C30FA9-EE1D-4DF2-9FD5-7C66FFC237F0.png
279A7AD4-5619-4B18-B1D7-C981BDDE162F.png
934A1BF4-93E4-4051-A8E7-22C06515768A.png
36BC7D39-68CF-4BA7-AB4C-71438B8D895B.png

I think this photo here shows an F-16 that had its engine overhauled/upgraded as mentioned in the article you shared lately
C4DB87F5-C2FA-47D2-BE22-14993F0E4F0F.png

That’s a Block 32, looks fresh.

Back
Top Bottom