What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Interesting. Was that the same one they spotted the ill-fated F-117 with?
If it's that good against ECM and it evaded HARMs and ALARMs, it must've supported ADSs which makes me think that was the one they were able to spot the Nighthawk with too.
No, not the right band mostly UHF P-18 was able to detect stealth but L band is unproven. FLIR is much more reliable against stealth aircraft in real life. In Serbian service TPS-63 it was used with Kub and Pechora SAM to find targets and was reliable at detecting non stealth aircraft.

Now the Nebo radar can detect F-35 from about 100km frontally but not weapons quality track. That is something Egypt can buy that will have the the best chance of detecting stealth.

Last edited:
Yep, that's pretty much the catch with that. Those who have US AMRAAMs and other sensitive US tech have all signed that agreement and they have to deal with the US inspections and eventuality of having to lease their airbases to it. I think India is still holding out from signing that since they really don't need to until they decide to start purchasing US weapons.

Interesting. I think that if the US embassy comes out and makes an official and public statement outlining that the Egyptian government has in fact signed the CISMOA, that sounds like it's pretty much an officially done deal as far as the entire kicking kabutle is concerned. Meaning I believe it's fully signed. I think some of the fellas might like to think that there's some partial agreement or something like that, but I honestly think that's wishful thinking. Sisi just needs to keep doing what he's doing and if the US starts bitching, he tells them to start delivering the right stuff and then maybe we'll think about these other things. In the meantime, keep going Russian and French and German and whomever else until the US buckles.

Yeah what are you gonna do. The Swedes' tech is not gonna make or brake the Egyptian military that's for sure. Besides, I think they're perfectly happy with the E-2Cs as long as they keep upgrading them and their libraries etc. they'll be fine. France just bought a couple of E-2Ds and we all know the US navy has been using the E-2Cs for ages and they love them. All the EAF ones are all set up nicely to work with all the EAF platforms from all the available information that we have. So no need to mess with that ATM.
Yes..it is all explained in this thread from 2018 when the CISMOA agreement was signed.. post#13 mostly

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/egypt-signs-cismoa-agreement.549969/

Last edited:
Yes egypt needs private companies to establish as it is proven that state owned companies are usually putting out worse products then private companies comparing Soviet to United States at least. Question is how hard is it do establish a defense company, and is the Egyptian military open to buying from them.
Yes egypt needs private companies to establish as it is proven that state owned companies are usually putting out worse products then private companies comparing Soviet to United States at least. Question is how hard is it do establish a defense company, and is the Egyptian military open to buying from them.
Not hard but who will? It’s risky for Egyptian businessmen since nearly no one is an ex-general or such, thus they don’t have enough experience. Neither do military ranks retire to become businessmen. This could be partially because of the social nature Egypt developed during years of corruption that ended in 2012.
Do you know when these are going to be replaced? Think something like Globaleye from Sweden is much better for Egyptian air forces.
Don’t think they will get replaced before 2024 but yeah SAAB Globaleye will be an ideal replacement.

Last edited:
Egypt flouts sanctions as Russian Su-35 fighters arrive

https://asiatimes.com/2020/08/egypt-openly-taunts-us-with-russian-jet-fighter-purchase/
A good and funny article..

It is funny when they say "Egypt has bought the Su-35" and they show a picture of a pair of Su-57s lol. Hopefully that aircraft will follow suit when it becomes available on the export market. Something tells me the EAF has been eyeing it for a while and most certainly once they started being interested in the MiG-35. It makes all the sense in the world except that program has a long way to go because of the new engine will still take a ton of time to test and begin mass serial production.

But back to the article, it makes all the sense in the world that Egypt wouldn't be concerned one bit about US sanctions and is basically telling the US to go to hell. It's actually about time. Enough is enough of this QME garbage and mistrust and all this stuff when it's always been the other way around anyway. They're the ones who attacked and stole our lands and we had to fight back and we're the bad guys?! What the heck kind of world is that?! As a matter of fact, Sisi should get even tougher with them and insist on a lot more, especially if those treaties were signed. Morocco and Bahrain are getting the SARS radar upgrade along with some other pretty rad upgrades on their F-16s and Egypt is still in this position? Something is terribly wrong with that picture and Sisi has the best ability to fix it and I hope he does.

No, not the right band mostly UHF P-18 was able to detect stealth but L band is unproven. FLIR is much more reliable against stealth aircraft in real life. In Serbian service TPS-63 it was used with Kub and Pechora SAM to find targets and was reliable at detecting non stealth aircraft.

Now the Nebo radar can detect F-35 from about 100km frontally but not weapons quality track. That is something Egypt can buy that will have the the best chance of detecting stealth.

Russians will tell you that their L-band radar works very well detecting stealth shaped aircraft. When you get a chance, check this thread out by our good friend @The SC .

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/rezonans-ne-protivnik-ge-3d-radars-in-egypt.671090/

We know for a fact that Egypt operates the Protivnik-GE 3D radar with its incredible features and there is strong evidence that it also uses the even more impressive Resonance SE radar with its ability to not only cover entire "neighboring" countries and extremely high altitudes, but also detect stealth aircraft as well as cruise missiles. Not only has Egypt been developing its own radars, but it's been quite actively using high end and very extensive radar technology for a long time, now, ever since the war of attrition in the late 60s did it heavily invest in radar tech. Great info in that thread.

It is funny when they say "Egypt has bought the Su-35" and they show a picture of a pair of Su-57s lol. Hopefully that aircraft will follow suit when it becomes available on the export market. Something tells me the EAF has been eyeing it for a while and most certainly once they started being interested in the MiG-35. It makes all the sense in the world except that program has a long way to go because of the new engine will still take a ton of time to test and begin mass serial production.

But back to the article, it makes all the sense in the world that Egypt wouldn't be concerned one bit about US sanctions and is basically telling the US to go to hell. It's actually about time. Enough is enough of this QME garbage and mistrust and all this stuff when it's always been the other way around anyway. They're the ones who attacked and stole our lands and we had to fight back and we're the bad guys?! What the heck kind of world is that?! As a matter of fact, Sisi should get even tougher with them and insist on a lot more, especially if those treaties were signed. Morocco and Bahrain are getting the SARS radar upgrade along with some other pretty rad upgrades on their F-16s and Egypt is still in this position? Something is terribly wrong with that picture and Sisi has the best ability to fix it and I hope he does.

Russians will tell you that their L-band radar works very well detecting stealth shaped aircraft. When you get a chance, check this thread out by our good friend @The SC .

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/rezonans-ne-protivnik-ge-3d-radars-in-egypt.671090/

We know for a fact that Egypt operates the Protivnik-GE 3D radar with its incredible features and there is strong evidence that it also uses the even more impressive Resonance SE radar with its ability to not only cover entire "neighboring" countries and extremely high altitudes, but also detect stealth aircraft as well as cruise missiles. Not only has Egypt been developing its own radars, but it's been quite actively using high end and very extensive radar technology for a long time, now, ever since the war of attrition in the late 60s did it heavily invest in radar tech. Great info in that thread.

Is their concrete proof stealth fighters can be detected and tracked to get active lock on during Air to Air Combat or linking with AWACS and ground bases radars.

It does seem as well that the 5 Su-35 Aircraft has actually already arrived at its Military Base in Egypt, based on what some Military experts say, but no official announcement has been made. I wonder why there has not been a reaction for the United States side right up until now btw? I am suggesting that a compromise deal may have been made. But not to sure thuo.

I would honest Largely prefer invest 4 billion dollars on 75-100 MIG-35 fighters, rather than this JF-17. The JF-17 is just like basically a so called poor man's 2 dollar paper like F-16, that has been mainly developed and targeted to poor third world countries , as a cheap and inexpensive cost effective platform. And talking regardless of that it has seemed to have so far failed to attract any export clients into buying it. I may give a few exceptions to the Block 3 variant, but i still think the Mig-35 is a lot better platform.

The Mig-35 would be a lot for favorable as well due to its interoperability with platforms like the MIG-29M/M2 and Su-35 fighter.

I would honest Largely prefer invest 4 billion dollars on 75-100 MIG-35 fighters, rather than this JF-17. The JF-17 is just like basically a so called poor man's 2 dollar paper like F-16, that has been mainly developed and targeted to poor third world countries , as a cheap and inexpensive cost effective platform. And talking regardless of that it has seemed to have so far failed to attract any export clients into buying it. I may give a few exceptions to the Block 3 variant, but i still think the Mig-35 is a lot better platform.

The Mig-35 would be a lot for favorable as well due to its interoperability with platforms like the MIG-29M/M2 and Su-35 fighter.
AESA plus local production makes it a pretty good fighter for Egypt. Russia can barely even make aircraft AESA.

AESA plus local production makes it a pretty good fighter for Egypt. Russia can barely even make aircraft AESA.

But well the thing is about the local production of the JF-17 is that in 5 years when Egypt has produced about 100 fighters, the design would be outdated and its going to need to find to establish the funds needed to be put to develop the aircraft into a 5th generation fighter, and when that time comes i doubt any other country including china would be interested in providing assistance since would not want to share the technology.

But well the thing is about the local production of the JF-17 is that in 5 years when Egypt has produced about 100 fighters, the design would be outdated and its going to need to find to establish the funds needed to be put to develop the aircraft into a 5th generation fighter, and when that time comes i doubt any other country including china would be interested in providing assistance since would not want to share the technology.
Won't mig-35/29 be "outdated" as well?

Back
Top Bottom