What's new

Egypt mulls JF-17 co-production

Interesting development and good for Pakistan! But it wasn't surprising or? All countries that used J-7, or Mig 21 in the past will look for a low cost replacement (just like PAF did) and JF 17 is the only eastern possiblity, so we can expect more orders from smaller countries in future too.

I agree with MastanKhan 100%, this is a watershed moment for us...we need to enter into the big league and what better way than to sell JF-17 to Egypt which is situated in a very modern theater of war that is the middle east.
It can be a great feat which can provide the impetus to this program on which rest the hopes of a nation; a nation which wants to come out of the shell of mediocrity it has been confined to on many occasions, despite having tremendous potential.

For a major player in the middle east to consider JF-17 as a future procurement is a huge medal on the Chest of GOP and Pakistan Armed forces, who pursued this program on the very basis that this shall be a truly global multirole fighter.
For a change we set our aspirations high and by Allah we should work with tremendous zeal to ensure that we sell this beauty in numbers.

This shall be a huge boost for our defense industry and shall enable us to take the JF-17 to the next level.
This ofcourse is coupled by the fact that the sales shall bring in much needed cash and ensure that we finally have a significant export product which is high end!

getting into the big league of weapons systems export will be a huge boost for our defence industry which needs investment of $$$ to upgrade its industrial base - just yesterday the Head of Defence Production admitted that export orders had to be cancelled bcuz the POF/HIT was short of running finance to the tune of $500m.

Imran Khan, I don't drink. I don't pretend to be a muslim. You can carry on.

And the chinese gentleman, why should I be jealous of pakistan? I have better things to do in life. My statement was practical and not out of enmity towards any country. Ask your CCP / PLAF to induct this plane first and then come back to me

They might as well spend the petro dollars on something that will be worth the money. Egypt can easily ask for F-16s and get it rather than go for something that the country of origin itself is not inducting in its air force.

what a turd.. this indian chap thinks he is struck gold.

come back to me when Russian air force navy army inducts bharamos a indio-russia joint project ( basically a scrap cruise missile put back to life).
com back to me when Russia itself inducts Su-30s in great numbers.

This is strictly a business deal , Israel and Egypt are at peace

We need to look at business side of things :cheesy:

There is also great potential on ammunition and other engineering enhancement or repairs for the birds so hope that two countries can come closer

Israel sells to India, We & China sell to Egypt & possibly Syria :D

anyways great news, its really pleasure reading this news :pakistan::china:

Too early to say but the platform is still not all China/Pakistan platform, never forget the RD-93, I hope Chinese do better in engine research :china:

Imran Khan, I don't drink. I don't pretend to be a muslim. You can carry on.

And the chinese gentleman, why should I be jealous of pakistan? I have better things to do in life. My statement was practical and not out of enmity towards any country. Ask your CCP / PLAF to induct this plane first and then come back to me
According to your sick and ill informed knowledge JF 17 is a bad plane because its not Inducted by PLAAF then Indian SU-30MK1 is also not in use by Russia. But as i said before you are a pathetic troller with no knowledge at all so i wont waste anymore time on you.
And by the way China is thinking of inducting more than 50 JF 17.

Troll?? Did you even read my post. I didn't even comment on the quality or capability of the J17. Why don't you take the trouble of reading or are just plain blind in opposing anything someone says from across the border.
Troll. What a joke. This whole forum is filled with tolls and kids from both sides. I came here today as one of you members wanted to show how mature this forum was. Yet to find that. No objective debates anywhere.

But where is the X vs Y here? Egypt has good relationship with the west. If it can get the Abrams tanks, why can't they get any top of the line fighters from the west. If you guys are really not objective in your discussion then who cares. Carry on and bask in the glory. Congratulations for securing an order for the JF17.

WTH, can't you ignore him :angry:

Lets not spoil this thread with 'X vs Y' game

I was actually praising everyone earlier for their 'constructive' input in this particular thread...i feel like taking that back now! lol

Theres always an idiot or two who has to resort to trolling, as they dont want to or most probably are unable to hold a debate!!
Just ignore him people

:pakistan:

Kid I have kids your age. So get that straight. Your members were discussing why arabs don't buy the JF17. Scroll back and have a look. When the Saudis can buy the the Typhoon why will they think of the JF17. I don't have any raw nerves son. Like I said before Congrats to your nation for getting an offer to export a fighter.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom