What's new

Egypt mulls JF-17 co-production

And currentely JF-17 is too big and engine can provide spare power for an AESA
china was developing a lighter AESA for JFT but later just news about KLG-7 upgradation were heard…

Really disappointing post from such a seniour member…
You should probable wifh all due respect go and get some knowledge about RCS and radar deduction
……:coffee:

excuse me 4.5 gen??:guns:
block 2 would be just truely a 4th gen callable fighter……:pop:

Let's talk on facts, What special materials used in JF-17 that it will be hard to pick on adversary AESA, PESA radars? Heck, no special alloys or materials are used for JF-17. Just to make it low cost, they used regular metal sheets, So what RCS reduction methods you are talking . So pray tell us, despite being a small aircraft, what other things would make JF-17 hard to detect

With AESA AWAC and Advanced fighter planes in IAF, And JF-17 with a hanging IFR and 4-5 Hardpoints filled with payload, you do rest of the maths. At least, you would be this smart I guess.

yara thats exactly why PAF didn't induct many jft's while they had the money which was used on F-16C/D Block 50/52 ..... also no export deals despite other countries showing interest. all this points to a block 2 which will be a true 4.5 gen.

Block 2 would come with a upgraded avionics and an IFR, no specials alloys or materials would be introduced in manufacturing of JF-17. That doesn't make it a 4.5 GEN. Block 1 was a novice 4th generation. block 2 would be matured 4th Gen.

People like you? I don't know who you think you are, but you're just as insignificant as the rest of us. Just before you've posted more, doesn't make you more knowledgeable that me. In fact, all you've done is try and insult me, nothing more. You're presented me with nothing of note.

I've been on all the threads for the Jf-17, 1-5, and I can tell you right now that you're talking out of your ***.

Like i said

''Talking to people like u is like banging your own head on a brick wall''.

Like i said

''Talking to people like u is like banging your own head on a brick wall''.

All you've been doing is insulting me, you haven't made a single argument. No wonder you're making these weird remarks, you keep banging your head against the wall.

All you've been doing is insulting me, you haven't made a single argument. No wonder you're making these weird remarks, you keep banging your head against the wall.

And before me all u have done is insult me as well and also failed to provide any concrete argument. Check the previous posts.

Yo, everyone. Look at the thread title and then decide whether this thread needs your crap.

And before me all u have done is insult me as well and also failed to provide any concrete argument. Check the previous posts.

First of all, YOU replied to ME! Don't turn this around on me, we both know, and the posts are right there, that you were the ones to start the insults.

Let's talk on facts, What special materials used in JF-17 that it will be hard to pick on adversary AESA, PESA radars? Heck, no special alloys or materials are used for JF-17. Just to make it low cost, they used regular metal sheets, So what RCS reduction methods you are talking . So pray tell us, despite being a small aircraft, what other things would make JF-17 hard to detect

With AESA AWAC and Advanced fighter planes in IAF, And JF-17 with a hanging IFR and 4-5 Hardpoints filled with payload, you do rest of the maths. At least, you would be this smart I guess.

Its not about just picking JF-17…
Its about SU-30 picking JF-17 and JF-17 picking SU-30…
SU-30 with 18m×m +RCS and when fully loaded even more and twin engined and with almose 3× the size of JF-17 can be detected beyong 180km atleast if all precautionary measures are taken(KLG-7 detection for 12-15 meter square)……
now for JF-17 with all loaded is no more than 2 meter square …
some Indian sources too claim that SU-30 RCS is 20 m2……
Yeah 20 m2
India, Russia close to PACT on next generation fighter | Business Standard
So even JF-17 can detect is earlier if it has 20m2(maybe writer had drunk weeds :unsure:)
but in detection reality if even SU-30 will detect even neglecting all above points then too the advantage will not be more of 5-8km whick can easily be neutralized by PAF high command by some great planning…
Well even if JFT can detect SU-30 before then too we have to admit it is still immature platform and after block 2 things will be much easier and clear…:coffee:

@alimobin memon read you somewhere that JFT radar are upgraded to 130km for 5m2 RCS???
Any links or proofs??:unsure:
where you heard that?

Last edited by a moderator:
@mafiya
Official specifications of N-011M BARS
140km detection range for 5m2 target.
Hence:
For 8.5m2, BARS detection range is 160km
For 3m2, BARS detection range is 123km
For 1.5m2, BARS detection range is 104km
For 1m2, BARS detection range is 94km
KLJ-7 and APG-68 (JF-17 & F-16).
For 20m2, KLJ-7 & APG-68(V)9 detection range
is 149km
For 15m2, KLJ-7 & APG-68(V)9 detection range
is 138km
For 12.5m2, KLJ-7 & APG-68(V)9 detection
range is 132km
For 10m2, KLJ-7 & APG-68(V)9 detection range
is 125km
For 8.5m2, KLJ-7 & APG-68(V)9 detection
range is 120km
For 3m2, KLJ-7 & APG-68(V)9 detection range
is 92km
For 1m2, KLJ-7 & APG-68(V)9 detection range
is 70km
Weapon and Technology: BVR radar capable
Fighters in South Asia
some intresting facts found on IDF

First of all, YOU replied to ME! Don't turn this around on me, we both know, and the posts are right there, that you were the ones to start the insults.

LOL u dont try to put yr stupidity on me. Its not me who tried to be an English Teacher.

But again whom im talking to..............Goodbye.

@alimobin memon read you somewhere that JFT radar are upgraded to 130km for 5m2 RCS???
Any links or proofs??:unsure:
where you heard that?

I dont have Proof it was debated here in PDF when few of Chinese Military Magazines Released new detailes regarding JF17 mentioned the increased Engagement range to 130km for Fighter sized target

Even if this is true The Jf17 Low RCS will provide equal time to engage mki as mki has huge rcs

Given the turmoil Egypt is currently undergoing, I doubt the deal will materialize, sadly.

LOL u dont try to put yr stupidity on me. Its not me who tried to be an English Teacher.

But again whom im talking to..............Goodbye.

You're STILL here?

Given the turmoil Egypt is currently undergoing, I doubt the deal will materialize, sadly.

in other words, it's neeeeever gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom