What's new

Egypt mulls JF-17 co-production

Azad Pakistan & Pakistani Nationalist are extra-patriotic Pakistanis....... calm down man relax

I am sure the peoples involved in dealing with Egypt are not stupid. They will finalize the deal keeping the benefits of Pakistan in their mind and at one place we say we need orders and second place we cry for not providing ToT? Indians are doing 126 MMRCA deal and see how much Transfer of Technology they are getting....... so do egypt not deserve ToT if they acquire similar number of aircrafts?

Relax yara

O bhai saab...Im in favour of TOT for egyptian and i never said anything against this deal.I said i hope it goes well soon and el beradi and western thugs dont jump in to spoil the gravy train.

AZADPAKISTAN2009

Well dear you win, I loose, I am no match for you, but remember things on International stage do not work the way you think.

The problem here is, many members are not aware of meanings of some very basic terminologies, such as TOT ,TOPT , Assembly lines, Production Capacity, Technology Absorption etc etc.

:pakistan:

Adios

No need yar, let Eygpt sign the contract for 200 planes and , I will get some sweet for our friends here:yahoo:
35c34ca55854b74a1bdebe056b2d2d6f.png

Thunder protecting Eygpt like the sound of that

Attachments

• 35c34ca55854b74a1bdebe056b2d2d6f.png
    35c34ca55854b74a1bdebe056b2d2d6f.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 22
Azad Pakistan & Pakistani Nationalist are extra-patriotic Pakistanis....... calm down man relax

I am sure the peoples involved in dealing with Egypt are not stupid. They will finalize the deal keeping the benefits of Pakistan in their mind and at one place we say we need orders and second place we cry for not providing ToT? Indians are doing 126 MMRCA deal and see how much Transfer of Technology they are getting....... so do egypt not deserve ToT if they acquire similar number of aircrafts?

Relax yara

hahaha, i am relaxed, after all none of us is there to influence the deal, we can just comment if its working out and heading in the right direction or not. And for that reason I am more then contended.

However I feel a little sorry for my self and other respectable members, who tried a lot to convince him, but to no vail. Any how Its not a much of problem to debate on.

Lets move on with the thread and discuss some other aspects.

:pakistan:

Adios

Exactly what Technology are we talking about, to be transfered .

Hi,

When it is your turn, you want to get everything from usa, france, germany, britain, sweden etc--tot tot tot---and when it comes your turn to gibve, there are issues.

Kid kids kids----pakistan desperately needs to sign one major defence deal to get the ball rolling and you people are crying murder.

Pak millitary consortium will sell its right nut if needed, they will sell their left nut as well if needed to bag this deal. This is a watershed moment for our defence industry. If we make this deal happen, all other doors will open up for our equipment.

Plus egypt is one of our very own---would you charge your brother extra for its defence equipment in times of need. Here we all are bragging of what we will do to israel and right in this very moment---the truth comes out---amazing isn't it what money can do to relations and relationships.

Egypt has restrictions on the usage of its F 16's and the missiles that came with it. Egypt has its hands tied behind its back and we want to charge them extra.

This news being in janes, is a great plus for the JF 17 and its future sale---.

My brother mastan Khan has spoken so i need not say much on this issue.However to add to his post, TOT in this case means the right to assemble the plane in Egypt. PAF cannot keep up with its own demands and you want us to make planes for someone else.with China also deciding to induct JF17 in its inventry, we have a golden moment in our history to emerge as a successful avaition collaboration, with our first joint venture.If it becomes a success, do you guys not see what it does to our reputation even in the eyes of our partners. And what do we lose, the parts will still be made in China and Egypt will assemble them together. This is the best possible deal that can happen and we should all pray for it to go through.
Araz

Well, first of all if you look at the K-8 story, it was always written as co-produced and it has never been exported by Egypt as it has no rights to do so. And when Egypt needed a second batch, they were given a license for producing the batch, Chinese and Pakistanis aren't that stupid to give everything to them. They will keep the critical parts to themselves and give Egyptians the maximum of the production technology or initially it will be assembly from kits provided.

Same thing happened in the K-8 deal, first they made K-8s from kits provided and slowly they got the production technology.

China and Pakistan will never give the full technology so early in its initial stage, but if the deal goes through, it will be a very helpful for Pakistan as well as for JF-17 program and its future.

If it goes through with a large customer like Egypt, half of Central Asia, South America, Southeast Asia, and Africa will be knocking on our door steps. But I fear that China will claim through loopholes most of the sales and revenue, just like the fast one they pulled with Peru with a certain tank.

Hi,

Pak defence industry has to find a way to break these chains---it is teethering on the brink for a long long time---so close and so far away---JF 17 will end up as a major major project both for china and pakistan.

Once we make this breakthrough, orders for other equipment will folow through. The joint ventures with china will pay the dividends---as the chinese banks may also be involved in financing those purchases.

I believe that we invested about 500 millions for this plane.

Another aspect to add to this good post is Egypt's position in the African penisula and its influence over other nations in the region.Remember ther are a lot of nations in eed of a small fighter which is both capable and cheap. It would open the doors to many a sales. We really have a golden goose on our hands.
Araz

If it goes through with a large customer like Egypt, half of Central Asia, South America, Southeast Asia, and Africa will be knocking on our door steps. But I fear that China will claim through loopholes most of the sales and revenue, just like the fast one they pulled with Peru with a certain tank.

CHA CHA CHA CHAIIIIIIIIIIIIIINA our friend , we trust china ...:china::pakistan:our eternal friend - Peru no problem

:pakistan::china: Our friendship is strong as TITANIUM

CHA CHA CHA CHAIIIIIIIIIIIIIINA our friend , we trust china ...:china::pakistan:our eternal friend - Peru no problem

:pakistan::china: Our friendship is strong as TITANIUM

They are indeed and without them none of this would even be dreamable, but business is business, we need sharp hawks to push our products like Bentley sales people push their cars. Sadly we try to sell our weapons as if we are selling second hand rugs or lassi on the corner.

China did not do anything wrong in the tank deal. We got the technology from them and improved it with their help. They have much better tank then the AK in our service, so they don't need our AK & its technology.

The tank given to Peru was purely Chinese tank, with everything in it Made in China.

HIT is already very busy in meeting the requirements of PA and has its hands full in fulfilling the order from PA and have to make the future variant of AK to meet upto the expectations of countering the Indian T-90s.

If China had some bad intentions, then they would not have provided the ToPT and ToT both to us.

And this new deal said to have been in negotiations between Pakistan & China does suggests, China had no intentions of the sort you mentioned, otherwise instead of Pakistan, China should have been mentioned, and Egypt would have been dealing with Chinese as China holds considerable goodwill with Egyptians compared to us.

i was wondering how good this news is going to be in Arab World who consider Pakistanis as their slaves. They should die in "Chullu bhar paani" that the country who needed funds from Saudi Arabia to buy F-16s from America is now producing its own aircrafts and also exporting to other nations and they are still standing at same position and relying on other countries

China did not do anything wrong in the tank deal. We got the technology from them and improved it with their help. They have much better tank then the AK in our service, so they don't need our AK & its technology.

Dear the tank that was sold to Peru was essentially a stripped down MBT-2000.

The tank given to Peru was purely Chinese tank, with everything in it Made in China.

I agree, it did not have Ukrainian engine like ours or western fire control systems but these are off the shelf products already made in China...

HIT is already very busy in meeting the requirements of PA and has its hands full in fulfilling the order from PA and have to make the future variant of AK to meet upto the expectations of countering the Indian T-90s.

If China had some bad intentions, then they would not have provided the ToPT and ToT both to us.

And this new deal said to have been in negotiations between Pakistan & China does suggests, China had no intentions of the sort you mentioned, otherwise instead of Pakistan, China should have been mentioned, and Egypt would have been dealing with Chinese as China holds considerable goodwill with Egyptians compared to us.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for good response. I agree with what you are saying but you misinterpreted a little what I mean. I am saying China helped us build AK, just like with FC-1. The Egyptians at some point WILL be talking with the Chinese, and the deal can may go 50-50 but with more Chinese componentry means more Chinese involvement. The article does not state Chinese involvement but I am 100% sure they will be involved and what this means to benefits received by Pakistan is up for debate. We must weigh the prospects of highly guarded state weaponry in everyone's hands with what kind of source of revenue this will generate.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom