What's new

Egypt mulls JF-17 co-production

Please remember that any upgrade package (example the french) will lead to an increase in the cost and thus eliminate much of the cost advantage.
I am not saying thunder will see no future sale. I am saying no country with a defence industry can afford to miss opportunities like these. If pakistan decides to not allow for certain things, there are other vendors out there who are more than willing to compensate the buyer adequately (be it ToT or discounted pricing!)
anyhow, I see my discussion here to be pointless.... all the best to thunder!

each french upgrade costs 12 million dollars including armaments which will replace chinese systems so we have to take that cost from 15 million dollar plane which then equals to about 23-24 million dollar JF-17. I dont see a issue here, infact PAK will be getting best deal for the buck.

i was wondering how good this news is going to be in Arab World who consider Pakistanis as their slaves. They should die in "Chullu bhar paani" that the country who needed funds from Saudi Arabia to buy F-16s from America is now producing its own aircrafts and also exporting to other nations and they are still standing at same position and relying on other countries

This wondering thing should have come to them a long long time ago as we have been producing military equipment and stuff of that nature way long back, when the Arabs had been enjoying their oil money and built nothing with it, even after having Billions of Dollars.

Not the first time.

Dear the tank that was sold to Peru was essentially a stripped down MBT-2000.

I agree, it did not have Ukrainian engine like ours or western fire control systems but these are off the shelf products already made in China...

HIT is already very busy in meeting the requirements of PA and has its hands full in fulfilling the order from PA and have to make the future variant of AK to meet upto the expectations of countering the Indian T-90s.

If China had some bad intentions, then they would not have provided the ToPT and ToT both to us.

And this new deal said to have been in negotiations between Pakistan & China does suggests, China had no intentions of the sort you mentioned, otherwise instead of Pakistan, China should have been mentioned, and Egypt would have been dealing with Chinese as China holds considerable goodwill with Egyptians compared to us.

Thanks for good response. I agree with what you are saying but you misinterpreted a little what I mean. I am saying China helped us build AK, just like with FC-1. The Egyptians at some point WILL be talking with the Chinese, and the deal can may go 50-50 but with more Chinese componentry means more Chinese involvement. The article does not state Chinese involvement but I am 100% sure they will be involved and what this means to benefits received by Pakistan is up for debate. We must weigh the prospects of highly guarded state weaponry in everyone's hands with what kind of source of revenue this will generate.

China and Pakistan both have the marketing rights to JF-17. Both have money involved in the 50-50 region and China has more to it as they made the technology and a lot of other things, thus they have full right to take more to it and that they will am sure.

And don't worry what our JF-17 will be having, doesn't means it will be provided to everyone. Their radar may be something else compared to ours and even other electronics and avionics may be different and this is just an initial news, no one knows what radar and avionics the Egyptians would want on it.

This wondering thing should have come to them a long long time ago as we have been producing military equipment and stuff of that nature way long back, when the Arabs had been enjoying their oil money and built nothing with it, even after having Billions of Dollars.

Not the first time.
yeah right, Al-Khalid, Cruise and ballistic missiles, Nuclear bombs and the list goes on........

Arabs are good for nothing. But this time indegenious aircrafts should open their eyes and i hope and pray they wake up and use their resources for the prosperity of its peoples and other Muslim nations (that is highly unlikely) :angry:

If only a Clever Pakistani leader could convince Arabs to invest in PAC rather than buying injured players in European Football clubs.

its an great opportunity for Pakistan to expend its project.
Pakistan must sell Thunder with tot to Egypt and through this more countries would take interest in JF 17.
now its a game of throwing seeds towards the new birds.

It's really a good news for Egypt to buy JF-17. I am sure that China and Pakistan have made agreements on marketing issues and ways of coordination. Sales to Egypt may only lie in the decision and initiatives to be taken by Pak. Chinese involvement could be dealt with in the later stages.

The Tot to Egypt may be limited to assembly of Jf-17 kits specified by EAF. It won't be problem for PAF. Instead, it opens a door for cash influx that might be used to modify JF-17 in Pakistan or induction of other equipments. Congratulations! :pakistan::china:

They might as well spend the petro dollars on something that will be worth the money. Egypt can easily ask for F-16s and get it rather than go for something that the country of origin itself is not inducting in its air force.

They might as well spend the petro dollars on something that will be worth the money. Egypt can easily ask for F-16s and get it rather than go for something that the country of origin itself is not inducting in its air force.

The only thing I can read out from your post is jearious to pakistan, How about stop talking big and do something indeed?

take a bottle of black label and go to beach if you can.i know you are so sad.:P

Firstly I want to thank all of you who have constructively contributed to this thread. I really enjoyed reading some of the comments.
If i remember rightly, not so long ago, we were actually struggling to find any country willing to sell us top of the rang fighter planes (except for china). I am not saying that struggle is over, but it gives me great pleasure to see we are at a stage where we are debating whether or not we should be selling our OWN birds to third parties! This to me, shows how far our army has come and i hope they continue to rapidly build upon this, as we are definitely heading in the right direction, insha allah! This is certainly something we should be very proud of. So hats off to pak army! :pakistan:

I must admit, inititally i was abit confused whether pakistan should export these birds to Egypt or not. After reading comments from both sides of the arguement, i am now convinced we should go ahead with this deal asap! Personally, i feel when it comes down to it, there are mainly two aspects to this argument; the emtional aspect and the business/strategic aspect!

The emotional aspect is that people may not wish for this deal to go ahead as they have concerns about transferring technology and trust issues (due to the past relationship between pakistan and egypt and also due to Egypts close relationship with India) etc.

However, if you look at it from a business/strategic perspective then it highly outweighs any other arguments...
1)We have a great chance to build our relationship with egypt and take it on another level and also have the opportunity to try and reduce india's influence as much as we can.
2)As we all know Israel is supplying alsorts of advance weapons to our neighbour. It would be great if we can give israel a taste of its own medicine by supplying weapons to its neighbour to enable it to defend itself. I know realistically speaking these planes wont be a match for israel's high tech weaponery but atleast its a start. It probably will not stop israel from cotinuing to provide weapons to india either but again, atleast it will make them think twice!
3)At the moment it seems like we are begging every third country to provide aid to us - most of whom promise alsorts but never actually deliver! The money from this deal should definitely help our economy or atleast give us the opportunity to further improve these birds!
4)This deal will also hopefully convince our other potential customers who may not be so sure at the moment for whatever reason. So the publicity and marketing from this deal will be priceless as it would provide further customers! This will not only provide financial benefits but will enhance our reputation. Above all, it will give us further confidence in ourselves to take on more projects in future insha allah!
5)finally, regarding the issue of TOT....well as many people have already pointed out that will not be the case as it is intended for it to be only assembled in Egypt or it will have limited TOT. From reading some of the posts on this site, Pak army is intending to eventually get around 300 jf17s for our army and as i understand it, we are only at the initial phase of this. So I think this idea will actually work out better for us as we can continue building JF17s in pakistan for our own army and still continue to export them!

Personally, i feel the key to all this will be how we negotiate this deal. Our policy makers are not stupid - actually its pakistani politicians we are talking about so anything is possible just like our cricket team! :(
On a serious note, IMHO, I think when you look at it from a bigger picture then we should definitely go ahead with this deal as we have very little to lose and everything to gain! :pakistan::china:

This is strictly a business deal , Israel and Egypt are at peace

We need to look at business side of things :cheesy:

There is also great potential on ammunition and other engineering enhancement or repairs for the birds so hope that two countries can come closer

This is strictly a business deal , Israel and Egypt are at peace

We need to look at business side of things :cheesy:

There is also great potential on ammunition and other engineering enhancement or repairs for the birds so hope that two countries can come closer

Exactly! So when you look at it bro, there are many more benefits to this deal than the disadvantages. I feel it will not make sense if we dont take full advantage of this opportunity asap!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom