What's new

Egypt mulls JF-17 co-production

Isn't it too early to discuss TOT or ToPT of JF-17 thunder when Pakistan has still not fulfilled all the industrial requirements for JF-17. We still are gradually increasing our sharer in production of thunder?

Imran Khan, I don't drink. I don't pretend to be a muslim. You can carry on.

And the chinese gentleman, why should I be jealous of pakistan? I have better things to do in life. My statement was practical and not out of enmity towards any country. Ask your CCP / PLAF to induct this plane first and then come back to me

chinese have nothing to prove it to your.dude.

They will induct what is right for them, their needs are what they will induct and Pakistani needs will induct what Pakistan needs. Dude.

China donot need to prove to any one what they should or should not induct, I hope u understand the compexity of inducting a weapon and those who are charged/trained/qualified to do the choosing/inducting.

Oh please if you guys don't get the crux of what I said then never mind. Mods please delete my posts in this thread. I don't have to talk here.

Lol russia has no money to buy the Su30

Bulls Eye, they don't have money, that is why they are going for Su-35s and God knows what other defence systems.

No more trolling would be allowed, contribute something positive or else don't post.

Great news! JF-17 IS the new F-7.

Isn't it too early to discuss TOT or ToPT of JF-17 thunder when Pakistan has still not fulfilled all the industrial requirements for JF-17. We still are gradually increasing our sharer in production of thunder?

It would take quite some time to set up the assembly line for Egypt if the deal goes through that is. We would have fulfilled the 'industrial requirements' by then inshallah.

AZADPAKISTAN2009...man we're taking a huge piece out of american's mouth this is the time..egyptians cut down the 24 f-16 orders to 20..they have tested JF-17 and that is why they are so satisfied they want to have a piece of it why miss this chance..do you want egyptians to go for 200+ LCA?

If egyptain air force has shown interest and definitely satisfaction and confidence i believe the rest of Asia who wants to replace f-7/mig-21/A-5/f-5 would follow...I mean look at us we beg to get F-16s while egypt piled up 240 F-16s regardless of bvr factor and now egyptian are looking for JF-17s that's a positive shift...egypt itself is fed up with maintaining different old platforms and the cost for them is huge they want to get rid of it...if mig21 the flying coffin and than those f-7s without bvr even their f-16s are non bvr so what are those f-7s target drones in such a hostile arena, those F-4s that are almost 40 years old in short lucky JF-17 gave damn good impression that i didn't believe it would now sit tight and watch things now are getting better we can have funds to take JF-17 to next level with such deals hope deal would go through soon..

Last edited:
Hi,
I thinks its a positive sign that Egypt has shown a keen interest in JF-17 thunder, but it would have been much better if Turkey had shown such interest as Turkey could also help in improving its capabilities, i don't know how advanced Egyptian engineering is but Turkey is ahead right?

Do you have any estimates as to how long it would take before the Egyptian government receives the JF-17s? I have heard recently that currently the entire production facilities are focused on fulfilling requirements of Pakistani air force.

AZADPAKISTAN2009

1) Why do u think its a bad idea to sell the thunders with an Assembly line???

2) The 48 planes mentioned here are only the first batch. The total order for thunders by Egypt is estimated around 200-250 birds. Even If that figure is divided by half, they still deserve a production facility.

200-250 birds r u for real dam where did u get this info ????well this is great but not sure if it's true

Well this is a genuine concern that Pakistan can't even keep up it's own Production requirements how will we deliver to some one else.

But then i think Chinese will do.

Oh please if you guys don't get the crux of what I said then never mind. Mods please delete my posts in this thread. I don't have to talk here.

Dont confuse Egypt with KSA or UAE. their economy is not where close to it to afford EF or gripens in great numbers. JF-17 with french avionics etc are the best bang for the buck for PAK or Egypt.

lets sale it put money in production line extention and serve more orders to controal the market before lca

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom