What's new

Egypt has placed order for Su-35s

Is this an E/O device mounted on nose? or takes a hard point?
The latest subtypes like the Su-35BM/Su-35-1 carry the KNIRTI L175M Khibiny M Radio Frequency Surveillance (RFS = ESM/RHAW) system, initially developed for the Su-34 Fullback. The Khibiny M is believed to use a channelised receiver and most likely employs a wideband dual baseline interferometer in the forward sector, to permit passive targeting of Kh-31P and R-27P/R-77P variants in defence suppression and air combat roles.

The latest subtypes like the Su-35BM/Su-35-1 carry the KNIRTI L175M Khibiny M Radio Frequency Surveillance (RFS = ESM/RHAW) system, initially developed for the Su-34 Fullback. The Khibiny M is believed to use a channelised receiver and most likely employs a wideband dual baseline interferometer in the forward sector, to permit passive targeting of Kh-31P and R-27P/R-77P variants in defence suppression and air combat roles.
Its carried on wing tips. thats all i was asking :P enough of ur copy pasting :P

Its carried on wing tips. thats all i was asking :P enough of ur copy pasting :P
It is the khibiny.. I had many threads on the system. so if you didn't know where it was mounted that is your fault.. the rest of the post was for other readers.. you seem too much self-centred:lol:

It is the khibini.. i had many threads on the system. so if you didsn't know where it was mounted that is your fault.. the rest of the post was for other readers.. you seem too much self-centred:lol:
wrong on all accounts :no: ...but i will let you go this time :-) I am quite generous :laugh:

is the SU35 coming with a rearward facing radar ?

Yes obviously..
Sukhoi-NEZ-Defeat-2.png

Replace this F-18 with F-16 or F-15 and maybe the desired result can be achieved

This is great,
Load them up with as many A2A missiles as can be,
and then let them loose ...

Egypt created a paralel universe in armed forces from SAMs to tanks, aircrafts, radars. It is not possible to operate them under same network so training of whole soldiers for same strategy will always be a problem. Readiness level of Egyptian paralel universes will always lack behind of other state. At a likely conflict, Paralel universes of Egypt will have to create own situation awareness to perform stand alone striking/defensive operations while other side is sleeping or not aware of what is going on in other universe. Israeli strategists must be happy to see such a complicated collection in Egypt. Sorry to say but That is one of the most amateurish procurement strategy the World has ever seen. Egyptian public should voice some criticism to people who waste public money to create such a giant logistic nightmare. Whoever supporting this weapon collection must have a reason for being a happy fanboy in order to see different weapons with naked eye in parades, postcards and military exhibitions..
And what about Turkey buying the S-400 system..isn't that the parallel universe you are criticising Egypt for.. but wanting it for Turkey?

In addition to this, I think SU-35 carries a lesser RCS than SU-30.
SU-35E RCS is now between 1 and 3 sqm due to stealth coating material or RAM.. not bad at all for a huge fighter plane..

And what about Turkey buying the S-400 system..isn't that the parallel universe you are criticising Egypt for.. but wanting it for Turkey?

SU-35E RCS is now between 1 and 3 sqm due to stealth coating material or RAM.. not bad at all for a huge fighter plane..
frankly speaking I will try to refrain from derailing the thread but a fact should be stated S-400 will be based on domestic software therefore S-400 will be just another asset to be added to our network centric system architecture

Last edited:

Put interoperability of different origin weapons aside, Do you have any idea How many different simulators, training facilities, pilot trainings, spare part procurements, meintenance personal trainings, familarisation flights, different kind of AA, AG, tank rounds, heli-missile purchasings must be done to sustain at least four different kind of fighters, two kinds of attack helicopter, two kind of tanks, SAM’s from different blocks? What about extra costs of each procurement pen hanging a heavy load on the shoulders of public ? It is indeed the choice of Egypt. We are just here to talk so I am just talking about my points.

I don't know about its RCS, however, having a "not bad at all for a huge fighter plane" RCS is worthless. Every radar, even World War 2 radars, could easily detect it from considerable distances, modern radars can detect it from hundreds of kilometers away.

I don't know about its RCS, however, having a "not bad at all for a huge fighter plane" RCS is worthless. Every radar, even World War 2 radars, could easily detect it from considerable distances, modern radars can detect it from hundreds of kilometers away.
To be fair, the same could be said about the F-15 and look at its ability today.

Back
Top Bottom