What's new

Egypt has placed order for Su-35s

This is a good purchase for Egypt if they can get the top of the line radar. The radar that Russia on their SU-35s uses can easily detect the F-35 much farther than any plane that Egypt uses. You see my input is they bought this as a counter to the F-35s Israel is operating and rightly so. I honestly think this is fake news, if it can be confirmed by a reliable source I will trust it.
Stop worrying about a confrontation between Egypt and Turkey because it isn't going to happen. NATO will surely mediate the confrontation before it happens.

This is a good purchase for Egypt if they can get the top of the line radar. The radar that Russia on their SU-35s uses can easily detect the F-35 much farther than any plane that Egypt uses. You see my input is they bought this as a counter to the F-35s Israel is operating and rightly so. I honestly think this is fake news, if it can be confirmed by a reliable source I will trust it.
Stop worrying about a confrontation between Egypt and Turkey because it isn't going to happen. NATO will surely mediate the confrontation before it happens.

Maybe Saudi wants Egypt to be the center of their Arabs military league due to Egypt larger manpower.

Maybe Saudi wants Egypt to be the center of their Arabs military league due to Egypt larger manpower.
No, Saudi Arabia definitely wants to lead the "league". Maybe making Egypt their right hand man would work but trust me, Saudi Arabia wants to lead the Arab world and that's final.

saudis can't they don't have the manpower.
They don't need the manpower. They have the strongest air force, navy, and best land equipment among the Arab states. The U.S. wants them to lead it and so do most of the allies of the Arab states including the Europeans.

saudis can't they don't have the manpower.
Precisely, Egypt will lead but Saudi is the one provide the most finance. So Saudi in some way can still exert some control or influence on Egypt.

Precisely, Egypt will lead but Saudi is the one provide the most finance. So Saudi in some way can still exert some control or influence on Egypt.
Trust me, Trump wants the Saudis to lead the group. And what he says goes.

SU-35 was coming as a complement to the Mig-35.. it was announced by the official Egyptian TV channel.. the number was 29.. so this might be the first batch..

512px-Sukhoi_Su-35S_in_2009.jpg

SU-35 was coming as a complement to the Mig-35.. it was announced by the official Egyptian TV channel.. the number was 29.. so this might be the first batch..
Which radar do you think they will receive? I thought the Su-35 was made as a counter to the F-35 and F-22 but I could be wrong and without the Russian radar the capabilities will be severely reduced.

Which radar do you think they will receive? I thought the Su-35 was made as a counter to the F-35 and F-22 but I could be wrong and without the Russian radar the capabilities will be severely reduced.
Egypt will get the same current Radar as the Russian one.. AESA is coming for both SU-35 and MIG-35.. most likely by the end of this year if not before..

"The Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker-E is the top Russian air-superiority fighter in service today, and represents the pinnacle of fourth-generation jet fighter design. It will remain so until Russia succeeds in bringing its fifth-generation PAK-FA stealth fighter into production.

Distinguished by its unrivaled maneuverability, most of the Su-35’s electronics and weapons capabilities have caught up with those of Western equivalents, like the F-15 Eagle. But while it may be a deadly adversary to F-15s, Eurofighters and Rafales, the big question mark remains how effectively it can contend with fifth-generation stealth fighters such as the F-22 and F-35.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...u-35-plane-air-force-should-worry-about-32517

Egypt will get the same current Radar as the Russian one.. AESA is coming for both SU-35 and MIG-35.. most likely by the end of this year if not before..

"The Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker-E is the top Russian air-superiority fighter in service today, and represents the pinnacle of fourth-generation jet fighter design. It will remain so until Russia succeeds in bringing its fifth-generation PAK-FA stealth fighter into production.

Distinguished by its unrivaled maneuverability, most of the Su-35’s electronics and weapons capabilities have caught up with those of Western equivalents, like the F-15 Eagle. But while it may be a deadly adversary to F-15s, Eurofighters and Rafales, the big question mark remains how effectively it can contend with fifth-generation stealth fighters such as the F-22 and F-35.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...u-35-plane-air-force-should-worry-about-32517
The top air superiority fighter isnt SU-57 ? and if EAF is buying aircraft to counter IAF F-35, then SU-57 could be the obvious choice

Su-35 was made as a counter to the F-35 and F-22
Non-stealth to counter stealth ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom