What's new

Dukhtar : a movie of Geo films, negative portrayel of Pashtuns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done some research. I even know that the word "khocha" , which doesnt exist in pashto vocabulary, has originated from U.P and was introduced to pakistan after 1947. This word is widely used by the particular pathan clown character that you see in the urdu media and jokes.
A baseless stereotype that pathans are soodkhor, also originates from UP. An english author of 19th century writes that rohillas of U.P had developed some indian vices in india one of which is charging sood and using violence on those who dont pay it.

Some of Pathans are really soodkhor ... If you don't agree then come to Karachi and I will show those Pathans in Al Asif Square who give loans on interest .............

another mission accomplished by GEO .bast4rd channel needs to be taken off air ,anti-Pak channel

This is stereotyping that has originated from Delhi-UP and with urdufication of pakistan since 1947, these racist jokes have been promoted to every corner of pakistan, urdu acted like blood through which infection reached to various tissues and organs of the body. You are expected to laught at these urdu jokes on pathans otherwise you are labelled person with no sense of humour.
Pakistanis are unaware that the main source of stereotyping, racism and this mindset is karachi. I also figured it out too late, in my naivity i mistakenly thought that punjab is the source.

Look at the mentality of karachiites, ...punjabis are given image of paindo , sindhi is given saeen wadera image , pathan is given akhroat image while they themeselves have declared urdu langauge and culture as finest and call themeselves the most civilized people. Lahori, islamabadi, peshaweri and other urban people are as much educated as karachiites but MQM is trying to say that rest of pakistan is jahil and needs karachi's help to get civilized and educated. This is white man syndrome

And you are concerned about stereotyping and generalizations and racial hatred? What do you think, you are doing? There are a number of races that reside within Karachi, so what is meant by mentality of Karachiites? Some collective hive minded people and that too all in unanimous support of MQM?

a8f549a7db4f8d75e13acf7776762404.jpg

@Armstrong FFS,mate? :D

I have done some research. I even know that the word "khocha" , which doesnt exist in pashto vocabulary, has originated from U.P and was introduced to pakistan after 1947. This word is widely used by the particular pathan clown character that you see in the urdu media and jokes.

I would strongly urge you to get a life.

Seriously dude stop being so sensitive get a big heart, basically the ideal term would be "Inferiority complex" being a Punjabi my self and when my other friends (Punjabis) never hesitate cracking up jokes on punjabis because we know it's just for humor.
BTW stop being such a narrow minded person and if you really wanna fix it then yes go ask your tribes to fix them selves first.
If punjabis are cracking jokes on pathans or pathans are cracking jokes on themeselves, they are under influence of magic of urdu.
Sikhs are also victims of Delhi-UP . I am impressed that many sikhs have taken stand against sardarji jokes. Unfortunately we pashtuns are lagging behind, consider me a rare voice but i am actually thinking about holding seminars, press releases and writing literature against pathan jokes and other racist stuff.
Sardarji joke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And you are concerned about stereotyping and generalizations and racial hatred? What do you think, you are doing? There are a number of races that reside within Karachi, so what is meant by mentality of Karachiites? Some collective hive minded people and that too all in unanimous support of MQM?

View attachment 67429

@Armstrong FFS,mate? :D

I would strongly urge you to get a life.
Salam brother. Dont you worry, you would soon see strong voices and noises against these stereotyping of pashtuns and this mentality and approach would be countered through islam. Do you know about anti-toy weapon campaign in pakhtunkhwa?. Expect soon campaign like that, i am in contact with some of my colleagues and would soon launch a campaign against urdu jokes on pathans when i get the time.

Last edited:
TTP is a fact, reality while the image of pashtuns presented in dukhtar movie, is stereotypical and false one. Also its non-sense that Pashtuns have low IQ and akhroat, this is false stereotype invented by urduspeakers.
Making fun of urdu accent of pathans and showing surprise that a pathan can be a doctor or engineer, is a racism and bigotry.
You dislike MQM but i am sure you would support posting pathan jokes even if some pashtun takes offense by it.
Tribals, DO imprison women, they DO form the bulk of TTP and they DO Force women into the ninja suit and the shuttlecock burka, so deal with it. im not saying all of them do it, but majority do,

OP how do you know they are Pakhtuns and not Kohistanis? And from what I heard Kohistanis really do treat their women like dog poop. Not too sure about Pakhtuns. And what's with this Khattak bashing? Did a Khattak steal your bike when you were young?

Tribals, DO imprison women, they DO form the bulk of TTP and they DO Force women into the ninja suit and the shuttlecock burka, so deal with it. im not saying all of them do it, but majority do,
I do agree that we have burqa, and in hanafi school of thought its not even compulsory to cover your face in hijab , so its a cultural thing and its need to change. About imprisonment charges, perhaps you are not aware that in a pashtun village, who are relatives of each at some point in shajra, women dont need to wear burqa within the village or vicinity of the house. She do chores , in earliar decades, she even used to bring water from river or well. In summer, all the men and women of the village cut the crop togather in the custom we call luo. Thats why no stranger is allowed to enter into village unless he is guest, thats why there is no tourism in pashtun majority areas.
But do we marry 10 year old girls as shown in dukhtar? No. In case you have not watched trailer, old horny pathans are chasing after a 10 year old kid who has runaway with her mother to escape marraige. Thats BS.
@Secur @Armstrong @DESERT FIGHTER @Areesh @

I do agree that we have burqa, and in hanafi school of thought its not even compulsory to cover your face in hijab , so its a cultural thing and its need to change. About imprisonment charges, perhaps you are not aware that in a pashtun village, who are relatives of each at some point in shajra, women dont need to wear burqa within the village or vicinity of the house. She do chores , in earliar decades, she even used to bring water from river or well. In summer, all the men and women of the village cut the crop togather in the custom we call luo. Thats why no stranger is allowed to enter into village unless he is guest, thats why there is no tourism in pashtun majority areas.
But do we marry 10 year old girls as shown in dukhtar? No. In case you have not watched trailer, old horny pathans are chasing after a 10 year old kid who has runaway with her mother to escape marraige. Thats BS.
@Secur @Armstrong @DESERT FIGHTER @Areesh @Patriots @dexter

OP is right about Karachi people though. Particularly the urdu speakers. They use the term "jatt" for dumb and stupid people.

OP is right about Karachi people though. Particularly the urdu speakers. They use the term "jatt" for dumb and stupid people.

I have seen the same trend in urdu dramas these days where punjabi characters are presented as some kind of jokers so it is not just restricted to pathans only, there is some problem in the mindset of the people in karachi, they just think it is perfectly fine to insult other ethnicities, we really need to address this issue. I have noticed that hindi speaking indians also have the same attitude towards punjabis in their bollywood movies which are written by mostly writers from hindi speaking areas of UP etc. and they use punjabi characters like a joker and stupid sikh or something similar.
One incident happened with me personally in germany when I was living in dormitory and had to use a shared kitchen, one day I just came in the kitchen and said something in punjabi to another pakistani mate and after some time I noticed that a gang of indian students from hindi speaking backgrounds started talking to each other in "ironic" manner, they were talking to each other like "you know punjabis are very paaji people which I think means stupid in their vocabulary" thanks to the image of punjabis presented by bollywood media perhaps they thought I was from indian punjab they think the whole world revolves around india. Then there was another incident where we were in a mosque with a group of pakistani students most of whom were from karachi but there was one friend of mine with whom I spoke something in punjabi and this clown from karachi who was even bearded said something so dirty in the mosque that punjabi is a "tripple X" language because it has poets like imam din gujrati whom I had to clue about, I was surprised in the similarity of the behaviour of the hindi speaking clowns of india with that karachi bearded shameless guy.
So I fully support the people who want to debate about negative stereotyping of various cultures in pakistan because they think it is OK as long as they are not on the receiving end of whole this fiasco. When in reality this is really very damaging to self esteem of the ethnicities who are target of such negative stereotyping, it is a fact.

I have seen the same trend in urdu dramas these days where punjabi characters are presented as some kind of jokers so it is not just restricted to pathans only, there is some problem in the mindset of the people in karachi, they just think it is perfectly fine to insult other ethnicities, we really need to address this issue. I have noticed that hindi speaking indians also have the same attitude towards punjabis in their bollywood movies which are written by mostly writers from hindi speaking areas of UP etc. and they use punjabi characters like a joker and stupid sikh or something similar.
One incident happened with me personally in germany when I was living in dormitory and had to use a shared kitchen, one day I just came in the kitchen and said something in punjabi to another pakistani mate and after some time I noticed that a gang of indian students from hindi speaking backgrounds started talking to each other in "ironic" manner, they were talking to each other like "you know punjabis are very paaji people which I think means stupid in their vocabulary" thanks to the image of punjabis presented by bollywood media perhaps they thought I was from indian punjab they think the whole world revolves around india. Then there was another incident where we were in a mosque with a group of pakistani students most of whom were from karachi but there was one friend of mine with whom I spoke something in punjabi and this clown from karachi who was even bearded said something so dirty in the mosque that punjabi is a "tripple X" language because it has poets like imam din gujrati whom I had to clue about, I was surprised in the similarity of the behaviour of the hindi speaking clowns of india with that karachi bearded shameless guy.
So I fully support the people who want to debate about negative stereotyping of various cultures in pakistan because they think it is OK as long as they are not on the receiving end of whole this fiasco. When in reality this is really very damaging to self esteem of the ethnicities who are target of such negative stereotyping, it is a fact.
I am doing some digging and so far i have found that pathan jokes, khocha, soodkhor and akhroat stereotypes are invented by urdu/hindi people of Delhi-UP. Sardarji jokes are also invented by them. They are also constructing paindu stereotype against punjabis. Once i am able to collect full data, i would bombard the internet with youtube videos, facebook pages, blog, articles and even a website on this topic.

Last edited:

Early age marriages are common in different parts of Pakistan and KPK being a part of the same country is no exception, this is a fact backed by data and even though the last thing I would do is support GEO, let me point it out that in a film about Pakistan, made in Pakistan, the actors and portrayals will be from the same country. Though, this one might be different and trying to portray things in a wrong manner, there's not always a need to find a racial aspect to things, even when none exists.

This movie portrays the reality of our society. We should appreciate these movies.

Conspiracy cannot be our defence against everything we wish to unseen, friends. I would welcome anyone to go to these areas and see with their own eyes what the reality is.

I am doing some digging and so far i have found that pathan jokes, khocha, soodkhor and akhroat stereotypes are invented by urdu/hindi people of Delhi-UP. Sardarji jokes are also invented by them. They are also constructing paindu stereotype against punjabis. Once i am able to collect full data, i would bombard the internet with youtube videos, facebook pages, blog, articles and even a website on this topic.

Marwat Khan Lodhi aka Samandri. You know what? You are that typical Afghani junk who has been banned on this forum several times but always comes back with your mutilated junky mindset with a new alias and spray your own shit on your ugly face. Last time you were against Punjabis and Pakistan army you racist scum! Now you want empathy from Punjabis so you fcuked up a new theory to masturbate. Know that you are an Afghani scum and will remain scum whatever nick you choose... beat it!

Back to the topic...because you a filthy butt hole and a low life junk, you might not get it. Just to educate, professional educated SANE pathan, punjabi, urdu speaking and whoever make joke of themselves for the sake of fun know that jokes represent the finer and delicate side of the ethnic group and that's all. Its not about pathan or punjabi etc; even English, Scottish, Irish and every nation has that delicate side and have anecdotes on them. Problem with the people like you is you or your types can't walk on two legs because you are so used to of crawling in the caves...

Moral of the story is hush back to your cave if you can't cope with a healthy society where jokes amount to an energetic and active nation and not the fcukin bullshit you are muttering here. And no...you are no native but racist afghani suffering from degenerative neurological disorder called racism causing you hypnogogic hallucinations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom