What's new

Dukhtar : a movie of Geo films, negative portrayel of Pashtuns

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading such comments I do feel strongly that people who have migrated from india into pakistan have totally different mindset and sensitivities than the people who belong to native cultures of pakistan. The OP has raised genuine concerns about the intentions behind negative portrayal of pathans/pashtuns by karachi based news and entertainment media such as Geo and ARY etc.
thought pashtuns were the ones who made the bulk of ttp forces. so when one shows a picture of a ttp terrorist ,it should be Photoshopped to look like a balochi, punjabi, sindhi, but not a pashtun as it hurts their feelings.

my grandfather was an immigrant, I belong to Urdu speaking community, and I hate geo, as well as mqm ghundas. but it seems to me that it has become a fashion to bash urdu speaking community in Pakistan based on totally idiotic facts and people's imagination.

thought pashtuns were the ones who made the bulk of ttp forces. so when one shows a picture of a ttp terrorist ,it should be Photoshopped to look like a balochi, punjabi, sindhi, but not a pashtun as it hurts their feelings.

my grandfather was an immigrant, I belong to Urdu speaking community, and I hate geo, as well as mqm ghundas. but it seems to me that it has become a fashion to bash urdu speaking community in Pakistan based on totally idiotic facts and people's imagination.
TTP is a fact, reality while the image of pashtuns presented in dukhtar movie, is stereotypical and false one. Also its non-sense that Pashtuns have low IQ and akhroat, this is false stereotype invented by urduspeakers.
Making fun of urdu accent of pathans and showing surprise that a pathan can be a doctor or engineer, is a racism and bigotry.
You dislike MQM but i am sure you would support posting pathan jokes even if some pashtun takes offense by it.

TTP is a fact, reality while the image of pashtuns presented in dukhtar movie, is stereotypical and false one. Also its non-sense that Pashtuns have low IQ and akhroat, this is false stereotype invented by urduspeakers.
Making fun of urdu accent of pathans and showing surprise that a pathan can be a doctor or engineer, is a racism and bigotry.
You dislike MQM but i am sure you would support posting pathan jokes even if some pashtun takes offense by it.
and who told you that urdu speaking invented pathan jokes? who shows surprise at a pathan being an engineer or a doctor? man you have had your brain washed pretty good.
you claim all of this as racism, but calling urdu speakers hindus, and indians even after 67 years is not racism?

Although I am against racism and ethnic politics but fact of the matter is that such mindset was behind of creation of MQM .........

Last edited:
An attempt to re-surface the stereotypical negative image of Pashtuns by Jew news. Watch the trailer.. Dukhtar (Daughter) Theatrical Trailer, September 2014 - YouTube
So pashtuns are after under aged child-girls and want to marry them so badly while pashtun woman are imprisoned and want to run away.
Karachiites should stop promoting negative stereotypes about pashtuns, first pathan racist jokes (originating from delhi-UP), then chowkidaar and akhroat labels and now this.
Im sorry so say that there are some serious defects in "Pakhtunwali" culture in our Pashtun tribes like there are many errors in Punjabi,Balochi or Sindhi cultures.Many of Young Pakhtuns and mostly the educated ones are themselves now going strongly against these age old Unislamic Barbaric laws.I know many Pashthun families and friends who have strong opinions against these laws so please dont just take it as "Pashthun" vs "Punjabi" or other "Cultures" thing.

GEO is no doubt suspicious in whatever it produces and has always been,everyone knows that but what is wrong Ethically,Islamically or on Humanitarian basis is wrong...you can not deny it and call it "Prejudice against Pushtuns" etc

You are allowed to make humiliated jokes about urdu speakers ... We won't take it as offense :D ... However urdu speaking people are nothing to do with this movie ... You can file suite against Geo TV as well as urdu speaking community if you can :P

Samandri is the same shameless Luffy d monkey aka Marwat khan Lodhi aka Samandri .. A suicide troll who is a pathological liar,a racist scumbag .. An a shameless troll.. His main aim is to troll .. Why do ppl even take him seriously?

@Jungibaaz. @Chak Bamu.

End of story. No need to take this troll seriously now.

This is bad.

Pathans are really respected here in India.

So do here in Pakistan and these are our front line worriers and don't try to dodge us and can you guys tell me about sikhs and south people you always.......................... ?

I believe that immigrants have no right to insult the native ethnicities of pakistan, they should be thankful to the native ethnicities of pakistan who gave them shelter to live a dignified life in this country. I don't know about others but I respect views of "Samandari" because he belongs to a native ethnicity of pakistan eventhough most of the times I don't agree with his views, I don't find him insulting or abusive at any time which is hall mark of only people of indian immigrant backgrounds on every second thread on this forum. The only posters with good behaviour on this forum are of native ethnicities of pakistan since we know how to respect each other unlike indians or people with indian ethnic roots.

Thank you for speaking your mind at least. If you will call the immigrants as if they have recently come from their native lands, try to portray them as if they are second class citizens and demand respect as if you have done them a favor by allowing them in the country, trust me you will get nothing. Get off the high horse, it isn't like that we are disrespecting every race/ethnicity that resides in the country or going against them. Rest of the post is a creation of your own mind and as such have no basis in reality, I have been there since a very long time and I haven't felt or seen anything like that. Neither is abusing or insulting a hallmark of Urduspeakers nor it is that the only people with good behavior are those who have lived on this land, since the beginning. Think of what you are saying and then ask yourself, if it makes sense and it isn't just something written in the heat of the moment.

P.S This is a troll thread and the intentions are more than clear.

Im sorry so say that there are some serious defects in "Pakhtunwali" culture in our Pashtun tribes like there are many errors in Punjabi,Balochi or Sindhi cultures.Many of Young Pakhtuns and mostly the educated ones are themselves now going strongly against these age old Unislamic Barbaric laws.I know many Pashthun families and friends who have strong opinions against these laws so please dont just take it as "Pashthun" vs "Punjabi" or other "Cultures" thing.

GEO is no doubt suspicious in whatever it produces and has always been,everyone knows that but what is wrong Ethically,Islamically or on Humanitarian basis is wrong...you can not deny it and call it "Prejudice against Pushtuns" etc
Forexample? Which code of pashtunwali is bothering you?

I believe that immigrants have no right to insult the native ethnicities of pakistan, they should be thankful to the native ethnicities of pakistan who gave them shelter to live a dignified life in this country. I don't know about others but I respect views of "Samandari" because he belongs to a native ethnicity of pakistan eventhough most of the times I don't agree with his views, I don't find him insulting or abusive at any time which is hall mark of only people of indian immigrant backgrounds on every second thread on this forum. The only posters with good behaviour on this forum are of native ethnicities of pakistan since we know how to respect each other unlike indians or people with indian ethnic roots.

5d6b96300f5815022cf627efb69e52a1.gif

Thank God that the native Punjabi isn't half as racist as you are otherwise we - the Kashmiri Immigrants - wouldn't be sitting here !

Hive minded Aliens with collective consciousness perhaps? Kindgom of the Crystal Skull? :D

So let me ask you, how many of the migrants you have met or talked to, share a similar view about the film? Whats this new theory about the " Karachi media "? I dont know what it is seriously. Forget the OP who's agenda is quite clear and who engages in all those things- stereotyping, hypocrisy, bigotry and racism, which he accuses others of engaging in.

Shut Up you bloody Immigrant ! :angry: :lol:

So when are you immigrating to Lahore ? You don't belong in Karachi....you've got too much Lahoriness in you ! :unsure:

You are the last person to talk about pashtunwali ... He pathetic lying troll
Take chill pill , marshmallow is talking about pashtunwali.
Are you that Mir Baloch who operates on various forums?

Take chill pill , marshmallow is talking about pashtunwali.
Are you that Mir Baloch who operates on various forums?

Nope.. I'm PAKISTANI NATIONALIST .. Only use Pak def,military photos .... Have an account on Chinese forum n another degenerate forum .. I rarely visit ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom