What's new

DRDO mulling shifting missiles by sea to Sarlagondi

Drdo mull-ing= Drdo s h i t-ing

as mull in hindi is s h i t

and this behavior is consistent with the previous well documented behavior of drdo:omghaha:

What happened to the "average joes" in Kundakulam? When its come to projects of strategic importance everything else takes a back seat. At the end of the day all the departments, environment, forestry, everything falls under the government, and the government can override the rules if be needed.

About the radar site, lets not forget it was this very media leak that started the protest in the first place. The project is a go from what I hear, the tree huggers and bird watchers can keep protesting.

I for one don't buy this excuse that these information are leaked in the media to quell the "public" protests.

All it takes is a head on swerving truck to create that accident, no gun fights needed. We need to have proper pilot vehicles, cordon vehicles, when transporting oversized loads of strategic importance. Leaving it to private transporters is just not done.

There are other ways of addressing the "public" concerns, but giving out every damned detail in the media is just not it.

As I said Captain, its not about just this particular issue. There are many other instances where our officials and scientists have given out information which any other country would hold on to as a top secret.

I fail to see the rationale behind it

For now, I'll confine my reply to just the underlined part. So you would agrre that this particular issue is not worthy of a hue and cry yet.
Now, going further. Some (if not a lot of the information disclosed) is part of the system. Part of the system of democracy (even flawed as it might seem to be). Mr. "Joe Public" needs to know what is happening and ergo, he has to be told. Not knowing, and not being told; are the characteristics of a "KHAKI STATE" or of a "BONSAI DEMOCRACY" where the Citizen is the last to know if at all! And you do know how that works in actual practice, needless to say!

Now; let me tell you, having grown close to as well as within the Indian Estt., not everything gets disclosed. Having attended a Senate Hearing in North America in later life, I can tell you that John, Jaani and Janardhan in India are still not told many things. For many reasons, both justified as well as unjustified. Eventually, some balance of equity in this regard must be and will be found. The RTI is a great piece of work, and it does not subvert the Government in any way. There are sufficient 'checks and balances' built in. Rather, there is still much efforts being expended to subvert the RTI.

Just to set up a Security System; we just do not have to become a Security State.

For now, I'll confine my reply to just the underlined part. So you would agrre that this particular issue is not worthy of a hue and cry yet.
Now, going further. Some (if not a lot of the information disclosed) is part of the system. Part of the system of democracy (even flawed as it might seem to be). Mr. "Joe Public" needs to know what is happening and ergo, he has to be told. Not knowing, and not being told; are the characteristics of a "KHAKI STATE" or of a "BONSAI DEMOCRACY" where the Citizen is the last to know if at all! And you do know how that works in actual practice, needless to say!

Now; let me tell you, having grown close to as well as within the Indian Estt., not everything gets disclosed. Having attended a Senate Hearing in North America in later life, I can tell you that John, Jaani and Janardhan in India are still not told many things. For many reasons, both justified as well as unjustified. Eventually, some balance of equity in this regard must be and will be found. The RTI is a great piece of work, and it does not subvert the Government in any way. There are sufficient 'checks and balances' built in. Rather, there is still much efforts being expended to subvert the RTI.

Just to set up a Security System; we just do not have to become a Security State.

agree with u,,,no need for secrecy and its not like they are giving out secret technology

They barely manage to make something good themselves!!:taz:

there was no public interest in knowing how it will be done.. do we really need to know how they will transfer their assets ... I am not saying they should be secretive but sometimes its just too much unwanted info..

are they desperate to stay in news...

I mean the only other desperate people are iranians who invent something every week.

agree with u,,,no need for secrecy and its not like they are giving out secret technology

They barely manage to make something good themselves!!:taz:

Now,now; do not let your ignorance take over and start talking. DRDO has both success and failure stories. As has DARPA in USA.

Now,now; do not let your ignorance take over and start talking. DRDO has both success and failure stories. As has DARPA in USA.

u wanna compare drdo with darpa??
wow

as for drdo success..............besides missiles it hasen't done much except importing majority of components and assembling that.Now i feel unless we privatize nothing is gonna change for good

I don't blame drdo guys,,,its just like any govt institution anywhere........

there was no public interest in knowing how it will be done.. do we really need to know how they will transfer their assets ... I am not saying they should be secretive but sometimes its just too much unwanted info..

are they desperate to stay in news...

I mean the only other desperate people are iranians who invent something every week.

You are in error w.r.t. this matter. The project to take off needs Environmental clearance (it is in an environmentally sensitive zone). That clearance can get held up putting the project into limbo. That is what is getting talked about in the news report. As well as DRDO's efforts (based on some 'out-of-the-box' thinking) to address those issues. And perfectly viable ones at that.
I cannot see anything wrong in that.
Can you?

u wanna compare drdo with darpa??
wow

as for drdo success..............besides missiles it hasen't done much except importing majority of components and assembling that.Now i feel unless we privatize nothing is gonna change for good

I don't blame drdo guys,,,its just like any govt institution anywhere........

Why not? Even DARPA started some-place. And I daresay I am more familiar with DARPA than you are.
Do not resort to saying something on the basis of scanty information; or just for the heck of it.
Unless you feel that we should feel afflicted by some eternal 'complex syndrome'?

You are in error w.r.t. this matter. The project to take off needs Environmental clearance (it is in an environmentally sensitive zone). That clearance can get held up putting the project into limbo. That is what is getting talked about in the news report. As well as DRDO's efforts (based on some 'out-of-the-box' thinking) to address those issues. And perfectly viable ones at that.
I cannot see anything wrong in that.
Can you?

Why not? Even DARPA started some-place. And I daresay I am more familiar with DARPA than you are.
Do not resort to saying something on the basis of scanty information; or just for the heck of it.
Unless you feel that we should feel afflicted by some eternal 'complex syndrome'?

say what u may......fact remains we still import 70 % of the components and critical technologies

say what u may......fact remains we still import 70 % of the components and critical technologies

Of course we do that. We have to learn to walk in a stable fashion, before we hope to really run.

But still that is no reason to suffer from an eternal complex-syndrome.

Of course we do that. We have to learn to walk in a stable fashion, before we hope to really run.

1)we need privatization
2)no quota in technology centres

otherwise don't have much hope.......the point is if these 2 suggestions are implemented tomorrow we may start running in a year or two as privatization will single handedly prevent brain drain from here

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom