Votes: 53 61.6%
  • God but not religion

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Athiest

Votes: 15 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you can always shy away from the fact saying they are not following the religion the right way. There must be a lot of good muslims in Pakistan. But do you think they are leading happier lives than the bad muslims?

Why is atheist China doing better than religious Pakistan or for that matter India?

Europeans in general are far less religious than Africans or Asians. Don't you think God should have helped those who believe in him?

An example: There was an atheism advocate named Periyar in my home town madras. He abused and ridiculed the Hindu Gods in the worst possible way. He actually held Ganesha breaking day to desecrate the God. He lived a content ,healthy life and died peacefully at 95yrs of age. He is still being celebrated as one of the greatest thinkers who changed the social fabric of south India.

Of course, God said that our reward lies in the afterlife not in this life.

in the Qur'an, Allah said that He is rewarding the non-muslim good-doers in this life. This life is not for us. Next life is ours.

PS. Good discussion! Let's keep it civil. Pretend you are discussing it with someone in real life.

in the Qur'an, Allah said that He is rewarding the non-muslim good-doers in this life. This life is not for us. Next life is ours.

Interesting that though many people say that, there is very little to suggest that anyone actually believes that. If that were true, no one would be mourning at someone's death because ostensibly that person is now reaping his rewards and should be a cause for celebration not one for grieving.

Guess there exists atleast a tiny doubt in most people that this is all there is.

PS. Good discussion! Let's keep it civil. Pretend you are discussing it with someone in real life.

um.. Shouldn't God help the people in this world so that you get some kind of HOPE? Than rewarding in an afterlife , the existence of which is very much questionable? I wish God helps the believers in this world so that more people start believing and stops the spread of atheism.

This is my opinion, my religion is science....

Watch =p

Last edited by a moderator:
um.. Shouldn't God help the people in this world so that you get some kind of HOPE? Than rewarding in an afterlife , the existence of which is very much questionable? I wish God helps the believers in this world so that more people start believing and stops the spread of atheism.

But God does help! We do not realise this. And besides, God instructed us to do something before we ask God for it. Religion must be practical. I believe in Islam. Say there is a war where your country is under war. Will I sit there and pray that my enemies will die? Or will I fight, and ask God for help?

Someone in my family has gone through an incident where only God helped him. I am going to keep this private because it is a personal account.

Interesting that though many people say that, there is very little to suggest that anyone actually believes that. If that were true, no one would be mourning at someone's death because ostensibly that person is now reaping his rewards and should be a cause for celebration not one for grieving.

Guess there exists atleast a tiny doubt in most people that this is all there is.

No. We do not weep because their loved ones are enjoying heaven. We weep because we have human emotions. Death is a part of life. For example, if my parents died, I would pray for them, I would be happy knowing that they died believers, but I would certainly miss them and be sad.

No. We do not weep because their loved ones are enjoying heaven. We weep because we have human emotions. Death is a part of life. For example, if my parents died, I would pray for them, I would be happy knowing that they died believers, but I would certainly miss them and be sad.

How long do you think you can enjoy heaven and how long do you think you have to enjoy heaven?

How long do you think you can enjoy heaven and how long do you think you have to enjoy heaven?

Oh, I don't worry about enjoying heaven, I worry about getting to heaven. Heaven has no time limit, I can enjoy a flower on a tree for a thousand years and not get tired, if I were in heaven.

Religion is a way of life. You can be practical while applying it.

I pray that God gives us what is best in this life and the next. Ameen. And that includes current non-believers :tongue:.

Oh, I don't worry about enjoying heaven, I worry about getting to heaven.

Oh you seem absolutely confident about going to heaven. :)

Heaven has no time limit, I can enjoy a flower on a tree for a thousand years and not get tired, if I were in heaven.

No time limit to enjoy, that sounds stupendous! Er..I am sorry you believe in such a naive concept.

You think the result of creation is merely heaven or hell?

No time limit to enjoy, that sounds stupendous! Er..I am sorry you believe in such a naive concept.

Last i checked no one was forcing their ideas down your throat... Each is entitled to their own opinion. You can share your's but don't challenge someone's else personal belief about faith..

Remember: Each to his own.

I personally Havent Seen God, It is Even not true, that what is Not visible is Un true either.... For Me This Nature which Gives Me food, My Parents Who earn it for me, My Teachers Who Share me there Knowledge , The Sun the Moon which Gives My eyes a Treat to watch... My Belief is In all these, and I am pretty Happy Indeed with it...

No, of course I'm not, I am just glad that God gave me an opportunity.

Hey, but so does creation popping out of nowhere!

No, that is the reward for filling the purpose of why you are created.

PS. Just like paladin said, don't insult people, there's someone who is gonna take it too personally and the whole thread will be ruined.

Last i checked no one was forcing their ideas down your throat... Each is entitled to their own opinion. You can share your's but don't challenge someone's else personal belief about faith..

Remember: Each to his own.

Can you not try harder to understand that no one can force their mind on another over an internet forum?

I hope you understand that this is called a discussion. I am merely indulging in a conversation. Feel free to disagree and validate your point.

Yes, I believe in God and not religion. He is the creator and caretaker.
There is a creator for everything- for e.g. an dictionary was created by someone, fresh air is created by nature etc etc..

Everything that we see around is created by someone, then why is it hard to imagine that there is almighty who has created the creator (human/nature)

Can you not try harder to understand that no one can force their mind on another over an internet forum?

I hope you understand that this is called a discussion. I am merely indulging in a conversation. Feel free to disagree and validate your point.

Discussion is one thing, to openly challenge is quite another. Remember when you step on toes...

Personally my belief is my own, whatever that may be. I don't share it with people, nor to i expect them to understand it.

Adiós.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom