Votes: 53 61.6%
  • God but not religion

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Athiest

Votes: 15 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a bunch of sorry *** losers who don't believe in The CREATOR! What a myopic vision you folks have... I sincerely pray for you folks to SEE the signs of the Creator in everything there is!!! How can you not SEE it in your everyday life! There is no concept of your being without a concept of The CREATOR and The SUSTAINER (who btw is one and the same)...

All you folks bear witness that, I profess there is No god but ALLAH alone and Muhammad (s.a.w.) is HIS (Final) Messenger.

Sorry to interrupt such a high class scholarly discussion but at least be civilized when you write any thing....

Religions are man made...god is omnipresent...
while in the dark ages religions gave hope and united people...in this day and age...they have outlived their purpose...
the potrayal of god as a vengeful being to please whome you have to follow your religion is phoney.
I do not believe in any religion...but I do believe in god.

If you believe in God then why you can not agree that he (who knows what is good for us, who know every secret) showed us the way how to live i.e religion.

If you believe in God then why you can not agree that he (who knows what is good for us, who know every secret) showed us the way how to live i.e religion.

coz religion are man made as well and so is the concept of god. when we cannot imagine the concept of nothingness we lean on god for support.

I believe god is a concept which brings some sort of understanding /sanity to our spiritual/philosophical quests at times, nothing more than that

I am agnostic ..but i agree beliefs are great strength in itself.

Such a USELESS post.

Must be deleted.

Will be a cause of fights and flamings.

yeah that is exactly the question...
If he is so powerful and stuff why create us?

The answer is fairly simple and you won't believe it if I tell you. BTW the concept of God, as simple as merely a personality, is the cause of great sufferings. You should not for a moment think that we are capable of defining Him, as is expressed in many faiths. We are merely capable of expressing His expanse - which is of course limitless.

The pronouns He, She or It that we prefer to adjoin to God is a limit of our expressing capabilities, for His very nature is dichotomy and nothing else. He is all of the above, yet He is not. Figuratively, He is and He is not.

coz religion are man made as well and so is the concept of god. when we cannot imagine the concept of nothingness we lean on god for support.

I believe god is a concept which brings some sort of understanding /sanity to our spiritual/philosophical quests at times, nothing more than that

If every line in the Quran is true then how it can be man made? And if everything in the Quran is true then God is also true and hence religion is also true as it's showed by God. Can you prove any thing wrong in the Quran?

I have questions:

We say that hijacking or stealing money of other people is a sin. Now suppose there is no religion. Now tell me how hijacking or stealing money of other people is a sin. Who or which thing taught us what is right and what is wrong so logically if there is no religion?

Not all religious texts agree about the existence of God.

From the Mahapurana expounded by Jinasena (9th century Jain work)

No single being has the skill to make this world -
how can immaterial god make the material world?...
If god is ever perfect and complete,
how could the will to create have arisen in him?
If, on the other hand, he is not perfect
he could no more create the universe than a potter could...
If you say he created to no purpose,
because it his his nature to do so, then god is pointless.
If he created in some kind of sport,
it was the sport of a foolish child, leading to trouble ...
If he created out of love for living things and need for them,
why did he not make creation wholly blissful ?...
If he were transcendent he would not create,
for then he would be free;
Nor if involved in transmigration,
for then he would not be almighty ...
And god commits great sin in slaying the children
whom he himself created.
If you say he slays only to destroy evil beings,
why did he create such beings in the first place ?...
Uncreated and indestructible, the world endures
under the compulsion of its own nature ...

I have questions:

We say that hijacking or stealing money of other people is a sin. Now suppose there is no religion. Now tell me how hijacking or stealing money of other people is a sin. Who or which thing taught us what is right and what is wrong so logically if there is no religion?

Do tell me, if a religion considers it a sin, does that makes any difference?

I have questions:

Its morally wrong. You dont need religion to teach your children good behavior. Even with religion, the world isn't perfect.

The idea of "God" for people like us, is similar what you think of Santa Claus or a Spaghetti monster. Doesn't exist for us.

Its as real to us as this...

196261.jpg

Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg

I used to argue with my grandfather (was very intelligent religious person). People used to call him 'Rabb Ji'. My favourite memory in 4th class is when I argued with him, I asked Who is above God? From very young age, I have belief that someone invisible controls life on Earth, have an inner longing or knowing that there must be something better, there must be more to life, has an external kingdom that is far better than life on earth. I argued that belief in God is irrational, He hold you back on being what you ought to be, he's a tyrant, God is biggest conspiracy by an external empire.

I have witnessed things like spirits/ghosts/ruh/aatma etc, My grandfather's older brother was murdered due to water related issue in fields. It happened just 2 months after he got married. His soul was stuck between life and death and I have witnessed his soul in my Uncle and cousin. He never harmed us though. It stopped only few years ago, his actual age is now complete and his soul is at peace.

Thing is god exist or not, its time waste, life is too short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom