• God but not religion

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Athiest

Votes: 15 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Atheist here.

Without talking about afterlife and the goodies waiting in heaven, lets just think the state of religious communities in the present world.

Some of the most progressive countries, communities are the most irreligious.
Eg. Sweden , Norway.
Most of the poor and under privileged people are religious and still do not see any betterment in their lives.

So God really does not help believers and harm non believers. So there is no use believing.

Organized religion is and has been one of the biggest scams in human history. It has been the cause of death and destruction. It is just a way to manipulate the masses.

Atheist here.

Without talking about afterlife and the goodies waiting in heaven, lets just think the state of religious communities in the present world.

Some of the most progressive countries, communities are the most irreligious.
Eg. Sweden , Norway.
Most of the poor and under privileged people are religious and still do not see any betterment in their lives.

So God really does not help believers and harm non believers. So there is no use believing.

Organized religion is and has been one of the biggest scams in human history. It has been the cause of death and destruction. It is just a way to manipulate the masses.

Wrong. The most poor and under privileged countries are those who are backward, those who do not follow God.

I am going to give you an example of my own country, Pakistan. I can name a thousand things happening in Pakistan right now that are not in Islam at all and yet we call ourselves good Muslims. Islam is supposed to be a way of life, and we only follow it partially. Christians do much much more charity than us able Muslims, look at where they are now.

Well, I am going to stay away from this thread now

Not all religious texts agree about the existence of God.
Well, this should facilitate some genuine considerations.

No single being has the skill to make this world -

Single being? That is a flawed concept. What is it, a company affair?

how can immaterial god make the material world?...

Creation again, a misunderstood concept.

If god is ever perfect and complete,
how could the will to create have arisen in him?

This is what you get when you think like a typical "homo-sapien". There is no need.

If you say he created to no purpose,
because it his his nature to do so, then god is pointless.

The purpose is so straight and simple that it has been beyond the understanding of most.

If he created in some kind of sport,
it was the sport of a foolish child, leading to trouble ...

You are not talking about God then.

If he created out of love for living things and need for them,
why did he not make creation wholly blissful ?...

A very good question, but that takes away the whole meaning of "being". Look for the word equilibrium.

If he were transcendent he would not create,
for then he would be free;
Nor if involved in transmigration,
for then he would not be almighty ...

The dichotomies are beyond our natural comprehension.

And god commits great sin in slaying the children
whom he himself created.
If you say he slays only to destroy evil beings,
why did he create such beings in the first place ?...

We are not His puppet, we have free will. In the pursuit of justice, there are no children.

Uncreated and indestructible, the world endures
under the compulsion of its own nature ...

When and where did these compulsions emerged?

Last edited:
Its morally wrong. You dont need religion to teach your children good behavior. Even with religion, the world isn't perfect.

Suppose you have earned some money after doing hard works. Now I want to take that money forcefully from you, if you do not want to give that money to me then I will take that by fighting with you. So, here, fighting is also hard work. So I have right for that money if I will get after fighting(hard working) with you as you have earned that after hard work. So hijacking is not sin.

And if hijacking is sin then it is taught by religion and if hijacking is immoral then it is taught by religion. Human can not prove that hijacking is immoral as if you earn money after doing heard work then I also earn money after doing hard work(hijacking).

I am going to give you an example of my own country, Pakistan. I can name a thousand things happening in Pakistan right now that are not in Islam at all and yet we call ourselves good Muslims. Islam is supposed to be a way of life, and we only follow it partially. Christians do much much more charity than us able Muslims, look at where they are now.

You are mixing hypocrite with Atheist. A person who engages in the same behaviors he condemns others for is hypocrite.

Religion is very sensitive issue in the world.
Our ancestors experienced it in 1947.
So please don't open threads like this.
This might end up in a hatred.

Please do not close this thread. We can do gentle discussion. It can help us to increase our tolerance.

Wrong. The most poor and under privileged countries are those who are backward, those who do not follow God.

Well, I am going to stay away from this thread now

Well you can always shy away from the fact saying they are not following the religion the right way. There must be a lot of good muslims in Pakistan. But do you think they are leading happier lives than the bad muslims?

Why is atheist China doing better than religious Pakistan or for that matter India?

Europeans in general are far less religious than Africans or Asians. Don't you think God should have helped those who believe in him?

An example: There was an atheism advocate named Periyar in my home town madras. He abused and ridiculed the Hindu Gods in the worst possible way. He actually held Ganesha breaking day to desecrate the God. He lived a content ,healthy life and died peacefully at 95yrs of age. He is still being celebrated as one of the greatest thinkers who changed the social fabric of south India.

Suppose you have earned some money after doing hard works. Now I want to take that money forcefully from you, if you do not want to give that money to me then I will take that by fighting with you. So, here, fighting is also hard work. So I have right for that money if I will get after fighting(hard working) with you as you have earned that after hard work. So hijacking is not sin.

And if hijacking is sin then it is taught by religion and if hijacking is immoral then it is taught by religion. Human can not prove that hijacking is immoral as if you earn money after doing heard work then I also earn money after doing hard work(hijacking).

Sorry, but I do not need religion to teach me these things or God. I was born a Orthodox Christian, but I didn't need Christianity to tell me the dos and donts in our modern society.

Interesting to read the responses of fellow members. But please keep it civil, this thread can very beneficial.
I believe in a higher being (god), but not religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom