What's new

Disappointment at Saarc as Pakistan blocks 3 key connectivity agreements

Like what? What kinds of surplus are we looking at? Is India the only market we can export those goods to?

Again, what kinds? Can we export them to other markets? China? Why do we need a FTA with India to export raw materials? These can be exported under limited trade agreements with India, like the ones we have entered into so far.

We barley have factories to 'refine' our raw materials, so expecting revenue from the export is comical.

Our raw materials are not exclusive, and we are in no position to compete with any other country. :laughcry:

Modi fan-boys are hilarious - at the bottom of this thread is a link from 2010:

Pak blocks two key SAARC pacts

Almost identical headlines and issues - so I guess back then it was "good played MMS!", and "every South Asdian country is now blaming Pakistan for the lack of progress ... disaster for Pakistan foreign policy" ... how did that work out? :lol:

Difference between then and now is the current govt. Modi Fan boys or not, lets be honest, India has a very aggressive govt. Like it or not, modi is known to take every opportunity to milk a situation to his advantage. Rite now, he is very popular in even countries like Nepal and Sri lanka. So do u think he is going to let go of such a juicy situation. His fan boys, as u say, in media will blow this up and Pakistan as usual will be seen as a irresponsible nation...

So how does that become the problem of other industries that can compete in the Indian market?

Tell me something genius, what is your education?

We barley have factories to 'refine' our raw materials

So how does that become the problem of other industries that can compete in the Indian market?

Tell me something genius, what is your education?

:rofl:

Many African countries have Uranium which is rare as a 'raw material'.

My education is kachi jamat. :)

Mate, as a counter-counter argument tell me something.... Pakistan is already flooded with every sort of Chinese product........ free trade of not........ what has been the impact of it on our local industry? Have we even bothered to calculate to it? Free Trade with India is a secondary question, the argument here in the thread is mostly about enhancement of people to people contacts through enhancement of communication networks and channels.
Excellent point with respect to the impact of the FTA with China resulting in enormous amounts of Chinese products flooding the market, and that is with increasing cost of labor in China (relative to other developing countries). Do we really want to allow a flood of cheap Indian goods (with even lower labor costs than China) into Pakistan? How does a flood of cheap imports from India help the Pakistani economy in terms of creating jobs in industry?

The Pakistani economy faces severe infrastructural constraints in terms of energy, transportation etc. I strongly disagree with opening up trade with India until those basic and critical constraints are addressed, at the very least.

Cant believe Modi attended this fiasco.Essex.

Modi should stick to g20.meeting only.

Who cares abt trade in the little southasian countries.

India has bigger fish to fry

Leave Pakistan and go back to your motherland in the West, where camel still roam the deserts and egg omelet can be cooked only under direct sunshine.

Aaap FATA key baat kar rahei hain ? :o:

Khair so far the MFN Status that India gave us is worth a little more than a roll of toilet paper; unless the Non-Tariff barriers go the Free-Trade you talk about is gonna remain a pipe dream.

Start with Cement and Cotton Yarn. Your textile industry is all but dead anyway.
Well, the Indians can export certain chemicals and potatoes to us while we export Cement and Cotton Yarn to them - continue with the current mechanism of limited trade ... there are still benefits to be had by both sides with limited trade.

Well, the Indians can export certain chemicals and potatoes to us while we export Cement and Cotton Yarn to them - continue with the current mechanism of limited trade ... there are still benefits to be had by both sides with limited trade.

Indian cement Industry is actually bigger than ours.

Excellent point with respect to the impact of the FTA with China resulting in enormous amounts of Chinese products flooding the market, and that is with increasing cost of labor in China (relative to other developing countries). Do we really want to allow a flood of cheap Indian goods (with even lower labor costs than China) into Pakistan? How does a flood of cheap imports from India help the Pakistani economy in terms of creating jobs in industry?

The Pakistani economy faces severe infrastructural constraints in terms of energy, transportation etc. I strongly disagree with opening up trade with India until those basic and critical constraints are addressed, at the very least.

Opening trade with India isn't as big an issue as getting rid of those non tariff barriers on the Indian side is otherwise trade isn't a one way thing where they get access to our market and we don't get access to theirs.

Back
Top Bottom