What's new

'Demographic flooding': India introduces new Kashmir domicile law

..As usual, Govt makes a concession to separatists when they again by restricting the people with the residency of 15 year...If someone has to get 15 years to get residency, why would not they go to better cities like Bangalore and Hyderabad kind of places to get better life??

Bangalore and Hyderabad with their insane housing prices? Compare that with Kashmir which would not only be cheaper for these occupiers from backwater villages in BIMARU states, but they'd also get to molest and harass Kashmiri girls on any whim. Wasn't Kashmiri brides a popular web search term in India after Article 370 was revoked?

This is not a recent news ....But anyway, i do not see any change with Indian stand unless, there is a war or significant loss of life from either side...It is a sad reality of Kashmir..

Basically, India understands the inherent weakness in Pakistan's Kashmir policy....Pakistan itself allowed its citizen to settle and be like normal people inside Kashmir and also every one knows the freedom of the political leaders from Pakistan part of Kashmir. But Pakistan has an objection when India would like to do the same in our part?

No one is saying that Kashmir issue is resolved...But how come you expect India to restrict its people to not to go and live Kashmir where as you have allowed your people to settle in?
If I can be blunt without sounding offensive. I believe what you mentioned stems from the fact that the people of AJK have never (as far as I know) been against Pakistanis settling in AJK and have mostly welcomed it. I'm not saying everyone in AJK is happy, I'm saying that there hasn't been any vocal discontent from the population of AJK in regards to Pakistanis moving there. And regardless of what point of view you hold (which I will respect), you can not deny the fact that riots and protests only happen in Indian occupied/administered Kashmir where the people are flying Pakistani flag in defiance to the Govt of Delhi. On the other hand, I promise you that you can not show me a single evidence where people of AJK are holding protests or riots or even small rallies flying the Indian flag and demanding the govt in Islamabad to remove the troops stationed there and for then to become part of India.

Regardless of all of this. I am still holding my view that pakis shouldn't be crying about India allowing Indian citizens from settling in Jammu and Kashmir considering that Pakistanis have been moving to AJK for decades.

Hypocrisy is a sour pill to swallow.

As per law you can't buy anything there,tell me something i don't know,i havn't seen bunch of other's in AJK.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] you clearly don't know how many Commercial Airplane Captains have bought property in AJK. Please do some research mate.

all said and done there are a couple of ironic upshots in this thread:

1. Just what is wrong if people from any oart of India buy property, start businesses & industries in Kashmir?
2. Why are so many of you from Pakistan so beat up about this? It is teh Indians' business

Bangalore and Hyderabad with their insane housing prices? Compare that with Kashmir which would not only be cheaper for these occupiers from backwater villages in BIMARU states, but they'd also get to molest and harass Kashmiri girls on any whim. Wasn't Kashmiri brides a popular web search term in India after Article 370 was revoked?

Muslim Kashmiris in the Valley will be the least affected by any changes for the immediate future. No one wants to buy land in an area they cannot get to, or will have to cross twenty checkpoints to get there.

The biggest affected in the short term will be the Hindus of Jammu and Buddhist Ladakhis. Expect the Punjabis to start gobbling up land in Jammu first. Hindus of Jammu will find land prices skyrocketing and out of their reach. No one will cry for the Kashmiri Pandits here.

The biggest immediate threat to Jammu and Kashmir is that state land will be sold at pennies on the dollar to rich industrialists under the guise of "setting up businesses to kick start the economy". The timber trade has already shown this. Kashmiri traders were forced out of the bidding process and the bids were awarded to politically linked companies from India.

Muslim Kashmiris in the Valley will be the least affected by any changes for the immediate future. No one wants to buy land in an area they cannot get to, or will have to cross twenty checkpoints to get there.

The biggest affected in the short term will be the Hindus of Jammu and Buddhist Ladakhis. Expect the Punjabis to start gobbling up land in Jammu first. Hindus of Jammu will find land prices skyrocketing and out of their reach. No one will cry for the Kashmiri Pandits here.

The biggest immediate threat to Jammu and Kashmir is that state land will be sold at pennies on the dollar to rich industrialists under the guise of "setting up businesses to kick start the economy". The timber trade has already shown this. Kashmiri traders were forced out of the bidding process and the bids were awarded to politically linked companies from India.

The dogras as well as ladakhis are influential,they will force the BJP to backtrack or lose its only support base in the region.Not sure on the stance of the semi-nomadic gurjar-bakarwals who are the other pillar.
These fears of demographic change are meaningless.Kashmir valley is overpopulated anyway.No one is going to settle in a disturbed area on their own.Corruption exists due to lack of oversight and AFSPA.A lot of vested interests are entrenched among the local police,kashmiri political elite and indian security establishment.

all said and done there are a couple of ironic upshots in this thread:

1. Just what is wrong if people from any oart of India buy property, start businesses & industries in Kashmir?
2. Why are so many of you from Pakistan so beat up about this? It is teh Indians' business

maybe because it’s not there land , no world law states Kashmir as part of India . Kashmiris don’t want to know you , they live on their own land generations after generations family land .

a million occupying forces permanent lockdown is not your land .

If I can be blunt without sounding offensive. I believe what you mentioned stems from the fact that the people of AJK have never (as far as I know) been against Pakistanis settling in AJK and have mostly welcomed it. I'm not saying everyone in AJK is happy, I'm saying that there hasn't been any vocal discontent from the population of AJK in regards to Pakistanis moving there. And regardless of what point of view you hold (which I will respect), you can not deny the fact that riots and protests only happen in Indian occupied/administered Kashmir where the people are flying Pakistani flag in defiance to the Govt of Delhi. On the other hand, I promise you that you can not show me a single evidence where people of AJK are holding protests or riots or even small rallies flying the Indian flag and demanding the govt in Islamabad to remove the troops stationed there and for then to become part of India.

Regardless of all of this. I am still holding my view that pakis shouldn't be crying about India allowing Indian citizens from settling in Jammu and Kashmir considering that Pakistanis have been moving to AJK for decades.

Hypocrisy is a sour pill to swallow.

I appreciate you for holding your nerve and responding politely which is rarity when we discuss about Kashmir issue..

I agree with you...We have definitely a problem...That we could not win hearts of majority people of valley...

@xeuss @The_Showstopper Are you following this?

Is this not illegal?

Nobody is gonna challenge this in courts now either. With all these lockdowns.

Are you comparing Bangalore with Kashmir for livinvg like a normal familly life???

Do not make yourself to look like you are arguing for the sake of argument...People may go Kashmir for visiting a week or few days...Who will go that place where people roam around the streets with guns?

Either you will be harassed by police or by the separatists if any one would like live in valley...

@xeuss @The_Showstopper Are you following this?

Is this not illegal?

Nobody is gonna challenge this in courts now either. With all these lockdowns.

What is their to challenge here? Are you challenging to remove residency clause orb donating valley to Pakistan?

Do you really believe in such kind of propaganda where millions of people in India will flock to Valley to ensure we turn Kashmir into Hinduland...These are kind of fairy take imagination like Bollywood movies by Pakistan posters...They propagate such news because that suits their narrative...

I have mentioned in one of earlier posts...370 was a matter of ego for Indian Govt with respect to sepratist...370 is gone now the equation is settled...Absolutely no sane mind regular family will go to the valley and settle there with warmongering separatist spreading anti-Indian narrative around the valley...

In the best-case scenario, all the central Govt employees or CRPF employees, if they are employes in the valley for a long time, will get the right build homes like our other cities...That may be in the number of thousands rather than millions that is being propagated here....These guys simply overestimating value and lucrativeness of Kashmir valley as if it is something better than our other states...
Even with all that, Kashmir has harsh weather with three months of snowfall, making it hard to grow many crops. The place has not many economic prospects due to its geography and climate. The government spends a lot on the UTs because of its strategic location.

World is in the middle of pandemic and Modi have got the best time to do his dirty deeds and fulfilled his Hindu fascism dream. World won't even notice what's going on and news will be buried. What a son of B***h this sick man is.

Man this is the problem with Pakistanis thinking the world gives a shit. If Kashmir js going to be saved, itll have to be by Pakistan and not the world.

World is in the middle of pandemic and Modi have got the best time to do his dirty deeds and fulfilled his Hindu fascism dream. World won't even notice what's going on and news will be buried. What a son of B***h this sick man is.

Sick for us...smart-arse for others.
I don't like him personally but I must admit he has deadly combination of balls and brains together.

Sick for us...smart-arse for others.
I don't like him personally but I must admit he has deadly combination of balls and brains together.

He is very manipulative and does his home work quietly and then he strikes when opportunity arises. He knew we are close to the UAE and Saudi and he went all the way to court them. Our foreign office and leaders sat on their arses and kept on singing brotherhood with out countering and living in the hope and he managed to isolate us from our bed rock support of countries. Then he went all the way to isolate us from the US support with the help of Israeli lobby and guess what he stuck cord with the Israeli prime minister. Modi almost have got a green light from the US for surgical strikes over riding the slogan of terrorism and luckily we stood up and shot down their planes hence managed to shut the mouths of the Western capitals. That's why you don't see no whisper or condemnation from the so called countries who are meant to be the beholder of the rules of law for violating our sovereignty. He have tried very hard to break the bond between us and the China too but Chinese are not that fool and they have got their own interests as well. Its a bunya country they know how to sell their wears while we are good in slogans and live in the hope with out putting the graft. For the sake of doing damage to Pakistan he is using Indian buying power and his message is clear if you want to trade with us you need to look after India interests and materialistic world is keeping his words in mind.
He calculated very well the timing for the change in the Kashmir status knowing well our economic situation and well before the surgical strike during Nawaz Sharif time ordered huge amount of ammunition on the war footing in peace time. Alarms bells should have been start ringing in the world capitals but guess what we even didn't have the foreign minister what a incompetent governance.
He deliberately choose the timings of the domicile law knowing well when around the world capitals people can't even bury their dead's who will care about one silly headline from the country of black arses a fascist new agenda of change. Rest of the world is in lockdown and he with his super efficient government is still working overtime like Satan that you give credit to him.

Back
Top Bottom