What's new

'Demographic flooding': India introduces new Kashmir domicile law

Yes our Punjabis living Lahore, Rawalpindi etc have just as many of not more tales to tell. Read about the sacking the Muslim population of Armritsar.
Ok you don't to know about the BBC, fair enough.
Yes. Rest of us Indians can't really relate to the tales of the Punjabis and Bengalis on both sides who saw massacres. From what I understand, it wasn't as bad in Sindh - but feel free to correct me.

Yes our Punjabis living Lahore, Rawalpindi etc have just as many of not more tales to tell. Read about the sacking the Muslim population of Armritsar.
Ok you don't to know about the BBC, fair enough.

I am sure you do. But that's the price for pakistan.

Yes. Rest of us Indians can't really relate to the tales of the Punjabis and Bengalis on both sides who saw massacres. From what I understand, it wasn't as bad in Sindh - but feel free to correct me.

True. Sind didn't see violence as such it was more population movement. I've actually never come across an Indian Sindhi who had a bad thing to say about Pakistan, and I've asked them and they pointed out that their forefathers didn't experience violence.

Here's a source from the writer Rita Khotari;

Sindh represents an exception because violence was not constitutive of the Sindhi experience of Partition. There were remarkably few episodes of physical violence in Sindh. Cases of robbery, hooliganism, and distress sales of property were far more common than bloodshed.

https://thewire.in/books/sindh-partition-unbordered-memories

they probably know you
That was an awesome comeback...
200.gif

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom