What's new

Demise of Bangladesh cricket

It’s a matter of the ownership, the rest are all details…..

BDs don’t own BD for their regime/country/state/government etc. are by, of, and for non-BDs….

Paks maintain their Deep State and Deep Nation even it means eating grass for a reason…..

Last edited:
Uneven grouping? Group 1 seems to be stronger wrt teams than group 2

Bro uneven or not groups, there is no way anybody seeing Bangladesh a complete failure team to even qualify for semi-finals even it goes to other group. Its a proper down fall, failure and utter humiliation to come last. Atleast out of 5 matches Bangladesh could have won 1 atleast, they could not even won 1 match is Super 12 competition. Utter shame and failure as a team.

Bro uneven or not groups, there is no way anybody seeing Bangladesh a complete failure team to even qualify for semi-finals even it goes to other group. Its a proper down fall, failure and utter humiliation to come last. Atleast out of 5 matches Bangladesh could have won 1 atleast, they could not even won 1 match is Super 12 competition. Utter shame and failure as a team.
Quite correct bro. They aren’t even in the same league. Ireland or Holland could have done better. They were that poor

SL downfall has been radically quick but cricket is on decline in all countries slowly

It is true actually, politics and money have ruined it. Neither there are any real stars that we should use to witness in past. Plus, now there is so much cricket going on it is hard to keep track of it and these days no one has enough time to see this stupid game for that long.

I see Bangladesh is playing cricket today against Australia today and see Bangladesh batting and are 66 for 8.

Its really embarrassing that the likes of Afghanistan and Scotland are mere minnows and seem to be developing a better structure. Bangladesh cricket is going backwards. I dont understand why they are so poor. Its pitiful to watch and the nation needs to change its structure. Surely there are hidden gems in Bangla that need to be found.

This is just embarrassing to watch.
Home pitches
Same as india

A slow turning pitch they will do great with bowel and bat

At one point they used to have "some" potential but now it is gone case. Sri Lanka is also another example, though they were really good in the past but now they are on a decline.
Sri lanka has some good upcoming players in nissanka, asalnka, raja pakshe, maheesh, hasaranga.
You dont seem to be following cricket closely.

Home pitches
Same as india

India in the early days was very bad due to thier pitches and it took them time to become what they're today

Maybe it's the same with Bangladesh
But how Long lol? It's been 2 decades

They're barely out of the minnow status

While the Afghans are hitting it out of the park- although Thier batting needs a lot of work and I don't see it changing for a long time

Fast bowling too as of now but down the line it shouldn't be a problem imo
as KP seems to be producing lots of fast bowlers nowadays, with money being spent on cricket academies

Which basically serves as training infrastructure for Afghan amature/domestic crickiters - this'll trickle down to Afghan national team

Home pitches
Same as india

Come on...india lost one t20 match against pak and you seem to have got a swollen head....t20 is more of a luck than potential...you are calling india a home tiger? India has beaten australia and england in tests in their home turf just recently( with B team vs aus)..it has played world cricket test tourny finals in june....it was number 2 and number one side in both odis and tests....you pakistanis are thinking too much of yourselves just by winning one odd t20 match against a mentally and physically exhausted indian team...come back and talk big words when your team does something substantial in ODIs and tests( that too overseas).

Sri lanka has some good upcoming players in nissanka, asalnka, raja pakshe, maheesh, hasaranga.
You dont seem to be following cricket closely.
If they get a professional set-up board/management/coaches
They'll easily be atleast Pak level -potentiol wise

I really liked that fast bowler Lahura something - he came to pindi and crowd was going absolutely nuts
when he was bowling fast consistently in a test match

People were talking selfies, auto graphs
Good scenes
Became bit of a celebrity

I wouldn't raise any alarm bells about BD. IMO it seems that only a few teams understood how to consistently handle the limited overs and conditions (e.g., Pakistan, England). But the others either took their time (e.g. India) or are still having trouble. Sure, there are probably some structural issues at play with a few teams, but I don't think it's as dire as the tournament is making it seem.

If you really want to 'test' teams in T20, I think the knock-out stages should try a best-of-3 format. Yeah. Instead of a 'one-and-done' get the top 4 teams to play each other multiple times, and then see who prevails. It's a good way to control for overly good or bad luck, and get more cricket.

I see Bangladesh is playing cricket today against Australia today and see Bangladesh batting and are 66 for 8.

Its really embarrassing that the likes of Afghanistan and Scotland are mere minnows and seem to be developing a better structure. Bangladesh cricket is going backwards. I dont understand why they are so poor. Its pitiful to watch and the nation needs to change its structure. Surely there are hidden gems in Bangla that need to be found.

This is just embarrassing to watch.
Its cricket. Take it like cricket. Give me some time, and you will be writing the very same for pak cricket team too.
Bangladeshi team was never world number 1 team, anyway. We don't expect that from them either.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom