What's new

Defense cooperation agreement between Turkey and Saudi Arabia

Madam, current efficiency of solar panels are around 17%.

Nevertheless , if you can put a solar panel on the market that can achieve the percentages you claim with a nice price.
It will become cheaper to produce solar sourced electricity and unleash a revolution in solar energy investments.

We are preparing for the post-oil age, and with solar energy we can dominate the energy industry for as long as world civilization goes on. It says that Saudi Arabia can export energy using solar to the whole world 3 times over everyday if used correctly.

And yeah sorry I don't remember the actual amounts of current solar panels. I read about it a long time ago.

Turkey is even bailing Egypt out now :p in a time when they need the money the most -due to the flood of refugees from Syria-

So yeah, It would be my great pleasure to work with the Turks.

It was a good move by Saudi crown prince visiting Turkey , rarely he makes foreign visits which shows their is a political well in Saudi Arabia to forge close relations with Turkey on all fields .

Water will be the oil of the future,mark my words.;)

You realised that in many of my posts I was referring to working on " Food security " with Turkey , now you got the key word .
This is a weapon Turkey still did not use again Al malki , after all Euphurate basin is in Turkey .

They could build a water pipeline to the ME like we are doing to Northern Cyprus.

Northern Cyprus Water Supply Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We do not really need water pipeline , we have enough distillation plants for drinking water , but I am more concentrating on agriculture . You know gulf countries now invest in various farms around the world for food production .

For instance we have agreements with Egypt where he financed irrigating fields and developing the required agricultural infrastructure there in return we and egypt divide the food production where they export half the agriculture output to our countries.

Same can be done in Turkey , investing in Southearn Eastern Turkey in agriculture sector would employ thousands of kurds and help regions such as sirnak and hakkari , these regions have rich agriculture land and could produce high food output .

This is more of mutual benefit for both sides and I am sure the Gulf and Turkey will have a free trade agreement at some point in future , Just like how Turkey has free trade agreement with other Arab countries like Egypt, Jordan , Morroco , and tunisia .

They could build a water pipeline to the ME like we are doing to Northern Cyprus.

Northern Cyprus Water Supply Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good you brought northern cyprus up , I am sure if Turkey asked Arab countries for recognizing north cyprus no one will object , After all we do not give a crap about greece.

North Cyprus could become a free trade zone and I am sure many would invest there once Turkey decides to end up the Cyprus unity talks .

Well the relations of the arabs are not hostile but are also not friendly.
Erdogan is smart in this way. 1 davos, few bad words against Israel and he's a hero in the arab world. And now netanyahu apologized. I look forward to the day he visits palestine. He will be considered even a bigger hero.

Ofcourse all that pays itself of. Look at where the relations are with the arab world at present day.

Arabs are not all the same , the Gulf for instance will not sacrifice their relation with USA for palestine and Turkey could simply ignore palestine case and still enjoy great relations with other Arab countries.

Hahaha,

Believe me when you take in consideration of the whole of middle east. Turkey is really blessed with all those rivers flowing through it.

Not only rivers but also Turkey is the main basin for main rivers running into Iraq and Syria .

I just hope it isnt a war defensive agreement because i dont want that Turkish soldiers get in danger to shield arabs nothing against arabs but Turkey should only do business with arab countries and the eu the only countries turkey ever need for defence are the turkic countries and the nato.
And i hope it isnt a signal to israel because i have the feeling erdogan wants to show a signal to israel but we will see.

No do not worry , it has nothing to do with Nato or religion this is more about Food security and Industrial cooperation , nothing to do with religion in any shape .

We are preparing for the post-oil age, and with solar energy we can dominate the energy industry for as long as world civilization goes on. It says that Saudi Arabia can export energy using solar to the whole world 3 times over everyday if used correctly.

And yeah sorry I don't remember the actual amounts of current solar panels. I read about it a long time ago.

There is a map somewhere about this in the internet: solar panels on a area as big as Switzerland could provide the whole world with energy. And the desert is obviously a very sunny place.

Madam, current efficiency of solar panels are around 17%.

Nevertheless , if you can put a solar panel on the market that can achieve the percentages you claim with a nice price.
It will become cheaper to produce solar sourced electricity and unleash a revolution in solar energy investments.

The efficiency of a solar panel is not constant, it varies due to weather conditions, geographic locations, etc... even the dust on the panels will effect the efficiency.

Another thing which type of panel is it photovoltatic or used for heating secondary water....

Solar energy is not very suitable for Turkey but perfect for KSA.

The efficiency of a solar panel is not constant, it varies due to weather conditions, geographic locations, etc... even the dust on the panels will effect the efficiency.

Another thing which type of panel is it photovoltatic or used for heating secondary water....

Solar energy is not very suitable for Turkey but perfect for KSA.

Yüzde elli de biraz bol keseden atılmış olunuyor :)

Like I did write in my other posts. Turkey is full of other cheaper renewable energy sources.
An expensive production like solar sourced energy is not necessary.

Yüzde elli de biraz bol keseden atılmış olunuyor :)

Like I did write in my other posts. Turkey is full of other cheaper renewable energy sources.
An expensive production like solar sourced energy is not necessary.
Its allways good to have a versatile energy source.
In the south east theres enough room for solar energy.

Mısır'ın çok beğenip sipariş verdiği mill insansız hava aracı ANKA'ya Suudi Arabistan'da talip oldu.

Dünyanın silah alımına en çok kaynak ayıran ülkelerinden Suudi Arabistan, Türkiye ile savunma sanayiinde önemli bir anlaşmaya imza attı. Artık milli insansız hava aracımız 'ANKA' Suudi Arabistan ordusu için de üretilecek. Suudi Arabistan'ın, lazer güdümlü füze CİRİT ve milli tank ALTAY için de istekli olduğu ve görüşmelerin sürdüğü belirtildi.

Suudi Arabistan Krallığı Veliahtı, Başbakan Birinci Yardımcısı ve Savunma Bakanı Prens Salman Bin Abdülaziz El-Saud, Cumhurbaşkanı Abdullah Gül'ün davetlisi olarak Türkiye'ye resmî bir ziyaret gerçekleştirdi.

İlk resmi ikili ziyaretini Türkiye'ye yapan Veliaht Prens Abdülaziz El-Saud, beraberinde kalabalık bir bakan heyetiyle geldi. Çankaya Köşkü'nde yaklaşık 1,5 saat süren görüşmelerin ardından iki ülke arasında savunma sanayi işbirliği anlaşması imzalandı.

Anlaşmayı Türkiye adına Dışişleri Bakanı Ahmet Davutoğlu imzalarken, törende Başbakan Yardımcısı Bekir Bozdağ, Milli Savunma Bakanı İsmet Yılmaz ve Savunma Sanayii Müsteşarı Murad Bayar da hazır bulundu.

Yeni Şafak'tan Aynur Ekiz'in haberine göre, ABD'den 33.4 milyar dolarlık silah satın alan ve bu nedenle dünyanın en fazla silahlanan ülkeleri arasına giren Suudi Arabistan ile Türkiye arasında son dönemde üst düzey askeri ziyaretler hız kazandı. Genelkurmay Başkanlarının karşılıklı ziyaretleri neticesinde Suudi Arabistan, milli insansız hava aracı 'ANKA'ya talip oldu.

Suudi Arabistan Genelkurmay Başkanı Orgeneral Hüseyin Bin Abdullah Al Gobail'in ziyareti sırasında netleşen görüşmeler dün neticesini verdi. İki ülke arasında yapılan savunma sanayi alanında işbirliği anlaşması kapsamında artık 'ANKA'lar Suudi Arabistan ordusu için de üretilecek.

Arap Baharı'nın ortaya çıkardığı istikrarsız ortam ve İran ile Körfez bölgesinde devam eden çatışmaların üzerine bölgede Suriye krizinin de patlak vermesiyle Suudi Arabistan hızla silahlanmaya başladı. Dünkü Çankaya Köşkü'ndeki görüşmelerde Suriye krizinin de gündeme geldiği ve bu konuda atılacak adımlar üzerinde de görüş alışverişinde bulunulduğu öğrenildi.

Tamamen Türk yapımı insansız hava aracı ANKA, TÜYAP Fuar ve Kongre Merkezi'nde düzenlenen 11. Uluslararası Savunma Sanayi Fuarı (IDEF'13) katılımcılarından Türk Havacılık ve Uzay Sanayi AŞ'nin (TUSAŞ) standında sergilenmişti. ANKA,görücüye çıktığı fuarda birçok ülkenin dikkatini çekti.

Türkiye ile milyar dolarlık bir anlaşmaya imza atan Suudi Arabistan ile ROKETSAN'da Türk mühendisler tarafından tasarlanan aktif lazer güdümlü füze CİRİT ve milli tank 'ALTAY' için de görüşmelerin devam ettiği öğrenildi.

Kaynak: Yeni Şafak

ANKA'y

I dunno if it's true but the new comes in today after the defence agreement yesterday.

The news basicly says that saudi-arabia purchased The ANKA male uav.

And that they also put big interest in the Altay mbt and roketsans Cirit.

Look ‘who are all members’ of the Saudi delegation. It’s - no doubt - a huge strategic agreement. Totally new - yet never seen - in our recent history between these two countries.

[

I've always hated those damn gold-plated furnitures, it look like my grandma's house during nineties :disagree:

No do not worry , it has nothing to do with Nato or religion this is more about Food security...

We (GCC) have already secured our food security.

See here :

http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-defence/243555-gcc-states-economic-development.html#post4112946

There is a map somewhere about this in the internet: solar panels on a area as big as Switzerland could provide the whole world with energy. And the desert is obviously a very sunny place.

More. Much more…

KSA - Solar energy

http://www.greenprophet.com/2012/04/saudis-could-export-solar-for-the-next-twenty-centuries/

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/173664-ksa-south-korea-unite-solar-energy.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...es-109bn-plan-solar-industry.html#post2939352

Problem solved.

The No-water Mechanical Automated Dusting Device

At King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), energy and sustainability are primary research drivers. University scientists and engineers are continuously working on new and novel ways of sustainable power consumption.

Continuing this spirit, one of the latest Seed Fund winning teams, made up of non-academic staff and headed by KAUST Schools physics teacher Georg Eitelhuber, has designed a device that can clean dust from solar panels with one crucial difference to others on the market – it doesn’t use any water.

The project is one of the winners in the latest Seed Fund round, co-sponsored by CitiBank.

The journey to solar and the little-known side effects

Energy from the sun will be a prime energy source for Saudi Arabia in the journey to diversify domestic power consumption. By 2020, the Kingdom aims to generate ten per cent of domestic electricity from solar power. With that, solar panels, systems and installations are becoming evermore present in the Middle East and other desert regions around the world.

However, while solar energy is a noble and worthwhile pursuit, many have not considered the rising energy and maintenance costs of such endeavors. These problems are due to two elements: water and dust.

Dust accumulates on solar panels worldwide, but even more so in desert installations, and can cause the devices to function inadequately in poor conditions. Currently, buildings with solar panel installations use automated water cleaning devices or require teams of cleaners using hoses to wash them down. The liters of water-per-year required to clean these panels can number in the millions.

Add the environmental cost of desalinating this water and, surprisingly, solar panels become much less eco-friendly.

Waterless dusting

Fittingly named NOMADD (No water Mechanical Automated Dusting Device) and designed for use in the desert region, the invention cleans solar panels via a daily dry sweep. It uses sensors to ensure it is not cleaning during humid temperatures, as humidity turns dust to mud.

Designed to be as “low-maintenance” as possible, NOMADD is powered by solar powered, rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that garner solar energy. If there is a fault with the device, users are notified via a transmitter.

Testament to the collective talents of the international community at KAUST, what’s unique about this team is that the individuals involved are not faculty, researchers or scientists. The team is made up of German-Australian founder Georg Eitelhuber, American project director Jay Larson, and Saudi Omair Taibah, a consultant working with the Technology Application and Advancement Group (TAAG).

“We have developed a unique, new mechanical system, that directs dust away from the panel surface delicately and quickly," said Mr. Eitelhuber. "Even the thick dust that you get after a rain shower or sand storm in humid conditions.”

To begin with the team used LEGOs to rapidly perform design iterations and tests that enabled them to perfect the design – a process that is common practice with design houses across the world. Now, there are only four major components to the design.

“The full-scale build will now be simple to desert proof and will ensure reliability in the field,” said Mr. Eitelhuber. “And that's exactly the spirit we have tried to capture in the name “NOMADD” – the idea of being simple, rugged and robust enough to operate effectively in harsh conditions, for extended periods of time."

From a simple idea to prototype funding

Before applying for the Seed Funding, Mr. Eitelhuber explained that the team simply had an idea for this technology, but had no knowledge of how to take it forward. Over the past 18 months they sought expert advice on this from various departments in KAUST on how to take it forward.

Initial funding was provided from the Technology Transfer and Innovation Department, along with a professional project viability study and patent application assistance. Access to test solar panels was provided by the TAAG group.

They then attended VentureLab seminars and workshops and learned how to turn their idea into a prototype. “Before the VentureLab we sort of had this vague notion as an inventor when you have an idea, you give it to someone and something magic happens and you make money,” said Mr. Eitelhuber. “Getting that idea out of the clouds and into a systematic process of risk reduction and opportunity identification is what the Seed Feed has allowed us to do.”

“Georg and Jay were a great fit for VentureLab,” added Oleg Kaganovich, Director of New Ventures and VentureLab founder. “The program is designed to help scientists think like entrepreneurs, obtain a unique startup experience, and create a product to benefit KAUST, Saudi Arabia and the world. Georg and Jay had an idea and were working on a prototype, without sufficient clarity on the business opportunity, model, customer and specific market need. As an entrepreneurship development program that helps teams turn ideas into businesses and projects into prototypes through a hands-on, customer-focused iterative process, VentureLab helped them refine and focus.”

“The coaching and mentoring we received really let us understand the territory we were moving into. And that was something we had no idea of before,” said Mr. Eitelhuber. "From that experience we were able to map out clear goals and vision for the future of NOMADD.”

With the Seed Fund award the NOMADD team will develop a commercial prototype of the device in the next year, and then look towards distributing it in the Saudi market thereafter.

Strong community support

The team extended their thanks to the community and the various departments within Economic Development for all the support they received in the run-up to the last Seed Fund round.

“The amount of congratulations and support we got from everyone in the community was great. It’s been really heartening and has really helped us through, and it is such an honor to share this success with the community. I even hope a few people may be inspired by this to “give it a go” themselves,” said Mr. Eitelhuber.

“We feel we are testament to the fact that KAUST can recognize a good idea, and is then willing to back it and push it forward. That lets people know they are part of a community that has vision. We take great pride in driving a project like this, that will hopefully be one of many great solutions that KAUST will produce and address the world energy challenge.”

Seed Fund

The KAUST Seed Fund Program is a product development funding mechanism that can take promising ideas further toward commercialization, and ultimately lead to the formation of a new business. The Seed Fund is part of the New Ventures group.

VentureLab

VentureLab is a KAUST Entrepreneurship Center program, which is part of the New Ventures group.

KAUST

KAUST

http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-defence/243555-gcc-states-economic-development.html#post4119172

With saudi arabian funding the TFX could developed quicker.

after all it is all about the arab money!

Last edited by a moderator:
With saudi arabian funding the TFX could developed quicker.

after all it is all about the arab money!

Bro, I think It is just a side of the the image reflecting from your percpective. It is about How you want to see. With a different point of view, I bet You can see lots of different magnificent colours in same image as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
T-155 Firtina and Panter performed trials for Saudi Arabian Armed Forces in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia and Azerbaijan are two country which was signed/is going to sign contact for T-155 Firtinas. (Azerbaijan has already signed but I don't sure about Saudi Arabia.)

firtina_zps5f2c26bb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom