What's new

Defense cooperation agreement between Turkey and Saudi Arabia

Arabian Legend

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Defense cooperation agreement between Turkey and Saudi Arabia

20130521-154608_ank-cumbas-1-jpg20130521165516.jpg

21 May 2013 16:53 (Last updated 21 May 2013 16:56)
Agreement has been signed in presence of Turkish President Gul and Saudi Prince Salman

ANKARA

Turkey's President Abdullah Gul and Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud signed a cooperation agreement on defense industry on Tuesday.
President Gul and Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Salman held an hour and half long meeting then proceeded to signing ceremony at the Cankaya Presidential Palace in Turkish capital province, Ankara on Tuesday.
Turkey's Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu signed the agreement on behalf of Turkey as the signing ceremony was held in the presence of Gul and Salman.
Later on, Gul hosted a working lunch in the honour of Crown Prince Salman which was held closed to the media.

Defense cooperation agreement between Turkey and Saudi Arabia Anadolu Agency
----------------------------------------------------------

Keep up the good work both of ya... I would be happy to see pakistan, Jordan and Egypt IN as well..:tup:

This is something usual, especially when it comes from Turkey.

@T-123456
Even Turkey feels that she's been harassed by Iran, The GCC should sign their defense agreements with Turkey. By doing so, it will ensure that Turkey will have an influence in the GCC which means more deterrence.

Last edited by a moderator:

@T-123456
Even Turkey feels that she's been harassed by Iran, The GCC should sign their defense agreements with Turkey. By doing so, it will ensure that Turkey will have an influence in the GCC which means more deterrence.
They knew you and i had a defence agreement allready(unofficial),they just made it official now;).

They knew you and i had a defence agreement allready(unofficial),they just made it official now;).

Hopefully, the GCC will come forward. It doesn't really mean that we will threaten Iran ,but I can see that Turkey is getting bugged so often too just like us and our neighbors, particularly when it was said that Turkey is going to mobilize its new air defense missile system

Any detailed information on the signed agreement and it terms?

Look for KSA and Turkey things are very well and good ,but I would love seeing Turkey taking more active role in the region, this will help them economically and will send a clear message to the EU that Turkey is no longer interested in joining them. And to be quite honest, I'm glad that Turkey didn't join the EU, just look at their economic situation right now and you can easily tell. Plus, the Braits are already in talks for leaving the EU for good ,so it looks like the EU became a total joke, especially when Turkey was rejected because of its official religious belief, and that's racist and disgusting.

@Yzd Khalifa

To be honest I personally think that the goal of Turkey wanting to join the EU was long gone and with the western crisis (as I like to call it since they are only in a crisis and not the world) it is really finished.

Ofcourse we must maintain trade relations with the EU, but there is a huge market in the Middle-East and north africa that somehow former government's neglected.

Now that the relations with these regions are at an alltime high, I personally project that this gap will be closed in the near future.

Hopefully, the GCC will come forward. It doesn't really mean that we will threaten Iran ,but I can see that Turkey is getting bugged so often too just like us and our neighbors, particularly when it was said that Turkey is going to mobilize its new air defense missile system

Look for KSA and Turkey things are very well and good ,but I would love seeing Turkey taking more active role in the region, this will help them economically and will send a clear message to the EU that Turkey is no longer interested in joining them. And to be quite honest, I'm glad that Turkey didn't join the EU, just look at their economic situation right now and you can easily tell. Plus, the Braits are already in talks for leaving the EU for good ,so it looks like the EU became a total joke, especially when Turkey was rejected because of its official religious belief, and that's racist and disgusting.
About the EU,i have stated many times we should not try to enter in my posts about the membership.
Just bussiness and thats it.
The GCC,
Are you sure you want us to get more involved?
I mean there are many Arabs who rather not see us involved in Arab affairs,we could just have a defence pact with various Arab countries,which doesnt mean something negative.
Some Arabs think we want a neo Ottoman empire if you get what i mean.
I think we are at a point in history(making)that we have a established a good base for further cooperation.
The future looks bright.

About the EU,i have stated many times we should not try to enter in my posts about the membership.
Just bussiness and thats it.
The GCC,
Are you sure you want us to get more involved?
I mean there are many Arabs who rather not see us involved in Arab affairs,we could just have a defence pact with various Arab countries,which doesnt mean something negative.
Some Arabs think we want a neo Ottoman empire if you get what i mean.
I think we are at a point in history(making)that we have a established a good base for further cooperation.
The future looks bright.

This is more about cooperation , I read about the agreement in an Arabic newspaper and it referred to signing agreements in various industrial sectors and one of them is defence.

You know Saudi Arabia has started around 10 years ago building its own defence Industry and Turkey can help out through some TOT agreements and I think it might include Altay and Anka in addition to some missiles Turkey recently developed like Cirit " UAE signed contract on co-production with Rokestan .

Gulf and Europe also have good relations but its good when you diversify your cooperation and bilateral networks.

As for Arabs who spew **** on Turkey , please ask them about their background , either christian " Armenian " or Shia " Iran lovers " .

We Just need good relations with our neighbours in this region and once Iran ends its rogue behaviour then we can have good relations with them to .

In the picture the chief of Saudi Arabian Land forces, So what is the deal that was signed that concerned the Land Forces?? Firtina? Altay? Both?

And note this is an industry agreement. C'mooooooooooooooooooon media spit it out.

There is no other way than to form an military pact between Turkey, KSA, Egypt and other muslim countries to assemble stabilization in ME againist destabilization policy by Isral, Iran, US and Uk...Otherwise ongoing conflicts in ME continue till an uncertain time...

US is not true and cordial ally of GCCs. US deliberately left Iraq for Iran in order to enhence power balance in favor of iran so that secterian war between muslims could be more bloody and destructive...

US and West neihter want so powerful an Iran that be uncontrolable nor want a weak Iran that couldnt threaten GCCs
Because if the threat by Iran was not exist then US wouldnt establish many military bases in the Gulf and couldnt sell GCCs weapons everyear by tens billion of dollars..

What I am more interested in is agreements in Research and development concerning Agriculture , water management and healthcare .

These 3 issues will be chronic for the gulf in the future and we need to develop and invest in various farms around the world to ensure our own food security , Turkey has always been encouraging investors to invest in their agriculture sector and they offer great incentives especially in south east Turkey .

I'm just sad prince Faisal is getting old, he is one of his kind.

There is no other way than to form an military pact between Turkey, KSA, Egypt and other muslim countries to assemble stabilization in ME againist destabilization policy by Isral, Iran, US and Uk...Otherwise ongoing conflicts in ME till an uncertain time...

US is not true and cordial ally of GCCs. US delibrately left Iraq for Iran in order to enhence power balance in favor of iran so that secterian war between muslims could be more bloody and destructive...

US and West neihter want so powerful an Iran that be uncontrolable nor want a weak Iran that couldnt threaten GCCs
Because if the thread by Iran was not then US wouldnt establish many military bases in the Gulf couldnt sell weapons everyear by tens billion of dollars..

I do not think that it the case , Iran has been on leash even before America intervened in the region in 1990s , Iran rogue behaviour started after their Islamic revolution, during the Shah time he minded his own business and relations were normal with iran .

Anyway the current events are the end of Iran in the Arab world for good , they gambled on the wrong horse this time .

Anyway I would like to deeply thank Iran from my heart because as a result of their stupid policies the relations between the 2 top countries in the middle east Saudi Arabia and Turkey has been close at a level we never witnessed before , hopefully we will hear more good news on cooperation in high strategic areas such as aerospace .

@T-123456

When it comes to Iran, we have to do whatever it takes to shut it down, Turkey faces the current challenges mainly due to it's pro-Arab stances and should be awarded for it. Turkey have cozy relations with almost all Arab countries.

Back
Top Bottom