What's new

Defense cooperation agreement between Turkey and Saudi Arabia

About the EU,i have stated many times we should not try to enter in my posts about the membership.
Just bussiness and thats it.
The GCC,
Are you sure you want us to get more involved?
I mean there are many Arabs who rather not see us involved in Arab affairs,we could just have a defence pact with various Arab countries,which doesnt mean something negative.
Some Arabs think we want a neo Ottoman empire if you get what i mean.
I think we are at a point in history(making)that we have a established a good base for further cooperation.
The future looks bright.

People here know nothing! And most comments are fueled with patriotism. Have some popcorn and a coke, and listen.

I have seen some Arabs who dislike Turkey " due to its involvement in the region " at the same time I have seen some Turks who dislike the Arabs for being Arab ,and neither is correct and both are immature.

Saudi Arabia wouldn't be the sole country to benefit from its relation with Turkey or vice versa, or at a large extent Pakistan.

You did put your finger at the bottom by the way, Yes, it's a historic moment. Basically, these folks are trying to decrease their dependance on the West ,so they can rely on themselves later on. Neither Turkey or Pakistan or Saudi Arabia can survive relying on the West forever.

What people don't seem to know is that Turkey is already getting involved in these issues. For your information, when the Bahrain government tried to get its hands on some SALWs, they didn't ask the US for help or the UK, it was Turkey and KSA who armed them to the teeth and trained their personnels. Clearly, both countries know who's behind the civil unrest in Bahrain ,and won't allow such incident to happen again.

In 2020, KSA will begin exporting its brand-new solar panel systems , a program that cost above $8 billion and Turkey will be the very first customer of it, It's a %100 Saudi-made by KACST and will save a lot of energy for Turkey.

Similarly, KSA will also benefit from Turkey in its military industry manufactures for sure ,so the relation between both will exceed the economic level and head toward industrialization.

This is just an example to give you folks the heads-up that the Saudi-Turkish relations are WAY beyond free-trades and geopolitical objectives.

I have spoken with a few Turkish politicians and I can see that there is a lot in common between both countries. In addition to that, Turkey is a bit concerned about its own problems such as the Kurdish rebels and containing Iran and the GCC will unequivocally provide a safe-guard for her in the future to the challenges they might face. For us the Saudis, the Turkish sovereignty is a red line ,period.

So yeah it's more like of a dynamic relation for all of us, a stable Turkey means a stable Jordan and the circle goes on and on.

They are playing a political game to help us all and I must stress out that our friends and allies will also benefit from it such as Pakistan and Jordan.

@Yzd Khalifa

To be honest I personally think that the goal of Turkey wanting to join the EU was long gone and with the western crisis (as I like to call it since they are only in a crisis and not the world) it is really finished.

Ofcourse we must maintain trade relations with the EU, but there is a huge market in the Middle-East and north africa that somehow former government's neglected.

Now that the relations with these regions are at an alltime high, I personally project that this gap will be closed in the near future.

Was Turkey discriminated against? Yes, then the EU can F u c k off by now. We told off the French not to bring the stupid Arminian genocide upon Turkey or things will get ugly. Turkey is very important to us ..

There is no other way than to form an military pact between Turkey, KSA, Egypt and other muslim countries to assemble stabilization in ME againist destabilization policy by Isral, Iran, US and Uk...Otherwise ongoing conflicts in ME continue till an uncertain time...

US is not true and cordial ally of GCCs. US deliberately left Iraq for Iran in order to enhence power balance in favor of iran so that secterian war between muslims could be more bloody and destructive...

US and West neihter want so powerful an Iran that be uncontrolable nor want a weak Iran that couldnt threaten GCCs
Because if the threat by Iran was not exist then US wouldnt establish many military bases in the Gulf and couldnt sell GCCs weapons everyear by tens billion of dollars..

We don't count on the US. Yes, they have given Iraq to Iran on a plate of gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is more about cooperation , I read about the agreement in an Arabic newspaper and it referred to signing agreements in various industrial sectors and one of them is defence.

You know Saudi Arabia has started around 10 years ago building its own defence Industry and Turkey can help out through some TOT agreements and I think it might include Altay and Anka in addition to some missiles Turkey recently developed like Cirit " UAE signed contract on co-production with Rokestan .

Gulf and Europe also have good relations but its good when you diversify your cooperation and bilateral networks.

As for Arabs who spew **** on Turkey , please ask them about their background , either christian " Armenian " or Shia " Iran lovers " .

We Just need good relations with our neighbours in this region and once Iran ends its rogue behaviour then we can have good relations with them to .

Turkey is even bailing Egypt out now :p in a time when they need the money the most -due to the flood of refugees from Syria-

So yeah, It would be my great pleasure to work with the Turks.

When it comes to Iran, we have to do whatever it takes to shut it down, Turkey faces the current challenges mainly due to it's pro-Arab stances and should be awarded for it. Turkey have cozy relations with almost all Arab countries.

That's not it yet. Jordan is being bugged too ._. By Iran.

They could build a water pipeline to the ME like we are doing to Northern Cyprus.

Northern Cyprus Water Supply Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

KASCT has already found a solution for water desalination

Those KACST are very smarty :/, they built our own satellites

There is a difference between calling Turkey to get on your back, and calling for friendly relations based on respect and mutual interests. And to be honest with you, the first type don't deserve respect.

Turkey's behavior is quite understandable, it's based on mutual respect and warm relations ,if you ask me.

RL="http://www.kacst.edu.sa/en/about/media/news/Pages/news49.aspx"]KASCT[/URL] has already found a solution for water desalination

Those KACST are very smarty :/, they built our own satellites

KACST is the country's official research arm. It is an independent government organization that responds only to the Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia.

I just hope it isnt a war defensive agreement because i dont want that Turkish soldiers get in danger to shield arabs nothing against arabs but Turkey should only do business with arab countries and the eu the only countries turkey ever need for defence are the turkic countries and the nato.
And i hope it isnt a signal to israel because i have the feeling erdogan wants to show a signal to israel but we will see.

A- We can defend ourself, don't worry we can turn the Middle East into desert if needed.
B- Our relation with Turkey is 23 times stronger than Israeli-Turkish relations.

It is really safe thats why.
They are a strong nation and have a good economy.
And generally i like jewish people.

You must have gotten an A in geography :lol: :rofl:

Didn't you see the anti-austerity protests in there two days ago?

:rofl:

Well the relations of the arabs are not hostile but are also not friendly.
Erdogan is smart in this way. 1 davos, few bad words against Israel and he's a hero in the arab world. And now netanyahu apologized. I look forward to the day he visits palestine. He will be considered even a bigger hero.

Ofcourse all that pays itself of. Look at where the relations are with the arab world at present day.

Absolutely not. Erdogan earned respect for his conservative views and because of the Syrian crisis.

KACST is the country's official research arm. It is an independent government organization that responds only to the Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia.

I heard that their budget is fecking a lot? Rite?

Good to hear we have a high level relationship,but you have to admit by the statements of some arabs here my questions are normal.
Didnt know that about arming Bahrain.
I think you missread my posts im the last one who would object to further our relationship.
This independence from the west in millitary hard and software was the reason for us to devellope our military industry,same goes for KSA.
We should work on a military pact between KSA(GCC),Pakistan and Turkey,then we would be a powerpack.
The only missing items we would need to devellope,5th gen fighter, strike capable subs and ICBMs(just incase).

What is so innovative about the kasct solar panels?

Good to hear we have a high level relationship,but you have to admit by the statements of some arabs here my questions are normal.
Didnt know that about arming Bahrain.
I think you missread my posts im the last one who would object to further our relationship.
This independence from the west in millitary hard and software was the reason for us to devellope our military industry,same goes for KSA.
We should work on a military pact between KSA(GCC),Pakistan and Turkey,then we would be a powerpack.
The only missing items we would need to devellope,5th gen fighter, strike capable subs and ICBMs(just incase).

Yes, some Arabs may question the Turkish intentions ,but I have no doubt that Turkey is showing a good will.

I do agree bro, more work is needed ,but don't worry about the ICBM :azn: Pakistan has them ;)

Tbqh, I'm not an expert but the EU is buying them as far as my knowledge is concerned Sir.

You can also google it. Anyway KASCT has earned a great reputation particularly in the US.

Current solar panels only observe 1 to 3% of the total energy directed at it, KACST is developing a solar panel that can absorb from 20-50% of the total energy directed at it. It means in order to make large amount of energy you can buy less panels and direct less land quota for them.

Current solar panels only observe 1 to 3% of the total energy directed at it, KACST is developing a solar panel that can absorb from 20-50% of the total energy directed at it. It means in order to make large amount of energy you can buy less panels and direct less land quota for them.

Madam, current efficiency of solar panels are around 17%.

Nevertheless , if you can put a solar panel on the market that can achieve the percentages you claim with a nice price.
It will become cheaper to produce solar sourced electricity and unleash a revolution in solar energy investments.

Back
Top Bottom