What's new

Defections by Chinese fighter pilots to Taiwan

John Doe

BANNED
Reaction score
Plenty of photos of Communist China's jets which were flown to Taiwan while defecting.
Are there any instances of the opposite case, I mean Taiwanese pilots defecting to CHina?
Signs are in English too in front of each plane. I was amazed to see that defections took place as late as 1987!

©£¤sªÅxx¾÷®i¥Ü³õ

©£¤sªÅxx¾÷®i¥Ü³õ

A request to some members here, making personal attacks on me or dragging India and the US is not the smart approach.
Cheers,
JD

offtopic :

But is there any instances of India/Pakistani pilots defecting ?

I mean from India --> Pakistan or Pakistan ---> India only and not Pakistan ---> Bangladesh.

offtopic :

But is there any instances of India/Pakistani pilots defecting ?

I mean from India --> Pakistan or Pakistan ---> India only and not Pakistan ---> Bangladesh.

Apart from the Bengali defectors...none.
and none with aircraft.. (failed attempt by mati-ur-rehman in 71).

Plenty of photos of Communist China's jets which were flown to Taiwan while defecting.
Are there any instances of the opposite case, I mean Taiwanese pilots defecting to CHina?
Signs are in English too in front of each plane. I was amazed to see that defections took place as late as 1987!

©£¤sªÅxx¾÷®i¥Ü³õ

©£¤sªÅxx¾÷®i¥Ü³õ

A request to some members here, making personal attacks on me or dragging India and the US is not the smart approach.
Cheers,
JD

Taiwan may allow high profile China defector to visit | TopNews

Taipei - Taiwan may allow a former Taiwan military officer who defected to China in 1979 and is now a World Bank senior vice president to visit Taiwan, a newspaper reported Sunday.

The Commons Daily, quoting an unnamed source, said Taiwan plans to allow Justin Lin Yifu to visit Taiwan by inviting him to attend the World Games, held in Kaohsiung July 16-26.

-----

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cold_War_pilot_defections

On 15 August 1956, Major Gang Huang, an Republic of China Air Force Academy instructor pilot, defected to the People's Republic of China with his AT-6 Texan trainer aircraft numbered 106.

On 1 June 1963, Tingze Xu, a pilot in the Republic of China Air Force 43 Squadron, defected to the People's Republic of China in a F-86F Sabre. In doing so, he took off from Hsinchu Air Base, Taiwan and landed at Longtian, Fujian province, PRoC. The aircraft is now on display in the Military Museum of Chinese People's Revolution in Beijing.[11]

On 26 May 1969, Two Republic of China Air Force pilots defected to the People's Republic of China with T-33 Shooting Star trainer aircraft serialled 3024. Later crew was identified as instructor pilot Wang Tianming and cadet Zhu Jingrong. The aircraft is now on display in the Military Museum of Chinese People's Revolution in Beijing.

On August 8, 1981, Major Huang Zhi Cheng, an instructor pilot, defected to the People's Republic of China with his Northrop F-5E serial 5361. He obtained a reward of USD 370,000 (sum immediately returned) and was nominated Deputy Commander of a pilot training school.[12] According to the Chinese government he was the 90th member of the Nationalist forces to defect by plane since 1949.[13]

On 22 April 1983, Li Dawei flying a U-6A Beaver defected from the Republic of China to the People's Republic of China. The aircraft is now on display in the Military Museum of Chinese People's Revolution in Beijing.

On November 2, 1989, another attempted defection went awry when the pilot of Northrop F-5E serial 5120 ejected 80 km inside the Guangdong province, the pilotless aircraft being destroyed and the remains put on show at the Chinese People's Revolution Museum at Xiaotangshan (Datangshan).[12]

----------

We had the last laugh in terms of defections too; the last defector was from Taiwan to Mainland. You think 1987 is anything? Ours was 1989.

Wow, thats amazing! One suggestion though, I would not make an immature statement like 'We had the last laugh in terms of defections too; the last defector was from Taiwan to Mainland. You think 1987 is anything? Ours was 1989.'

You see, I just checked and that defections from China to Taiwan took place on September 6, 1989 by Jiang Wenhao in a J6 and even later, August 25, 1990, Wang Baoyu (王宝玉) in a J6 defected to USSR.

Thank you again! If not for your reply, I would have not learned about this amazing Wiki page:

Please read the part about the Cuban Major Orestes Lorenzo Perez. What a stud!!!!!! Better than a hollywood movie!

Wow, thats amazing! One suggestion though, I would not make an immature statement like 'We had the last laugh in terms of defections too; the last defector was from Taiwan to Mainland. You think 1987 is anything? Ours was 1989.'

You see, I just checked and that defections from China to Taiwan took place on September 6, 1989 by Jiang Wenhao in a J6 and even later, August 25, 1990, Wang Baoyu (王宝玉) in a J6 defected to USSR.

Thank you again! If not for your reply, I would have not learned about this amazing Wiki page:

Please read the part about the Cuban Major Orestes Lorenzo Perez. What a stud!!!!!! Better than a hollywood movie!

Defections to Taiwan, to USSR is different I mean, defecting to USSR is crazy. Perez is cool though, hah.

©£¤sªÅxx¾÷®i¥Ü³õ

©£¤sªÅxx¾÷®i¥Ü³õ

Cheers,
JD

Justin Yifu Lin the senior vice president of the World Bank was a Taiwanese who defected to China in 1979.

"As for his reason of this defection, in a letter written to his family in Taiwan about a year after his defection, Lin stated that "based on my cultural, historical, political, economic and military understanding, it is my belief that returning to the motherland is a historical inevitability; it is also the optimal choice."

Justin Yifu Lin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
YouTube - Justin Yifu Lin: Exporting China's Economic Model

Last edited:
Justin Yifu Lin the senior vice president of the World Bank was a Taiwanese who defected to China in 1979.

"As for his reason of this defection, in a letter written to his family in Taiwan about a year after his defection, Lin stated that "based on my cultural, historical, political, economic and military understanding, it is my belief that returning to the motherland is a historical inevitability; it is also the optimal choice."

Justin Yifu Lin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
YouTube - Justin Yifu Lin: Exporting China's Economic Model

sh1t~ From Taiwan to DC,via China :bunny:

All the people of China and Taiwan is Chinese. So their fighter pilots defections to each other, before 1989.

And Pakistan and India are not the same nation. Only prisoners of war, no defection.

There are almost as many pilots who defected from China to Taiwan as there are who defected from Taiwan to China.

Back
Top Bottom