What's new

Taiwan can respond to assassination of unarmed fisherman by the Philippines

KMT leader was corrupt and stupid-- agreed

CPC didn't fail to defend China -- disagree. Like I said Mao never engaged imperial forces of Japan toe to toe.

China controlled by KMT = weak military -- disagree. Taiwan has nuclear capabilities, but can't make nukes at U.S. demand.

You sound pretty young. I am almost 50. I would urge you to look closer to the civil war of China. many KMT turned coat for the reason you stated about KMT leadeshipr. It's not b/c KMT forces were weak, it's b/c its leadership could not garner the support of the soldiers and the people. But, you have to admit Mao abused the power he had and betrayed China.

- I am not 100% supporting CPC on everything, but no party could do a better job for now.

- Mao's CPC was not the central government during that time, so don't expect them to have the capability to engage into a major confrontation against the well-armed Imperial Japanese. But CPC fought against USA during the Korean War, even we have suffered greater casualty, but we have still achieved our military objective.

- Taiwan's nuclear capability is pretty laughable, you will be lucky to produce a nuke like the North Korean dirty bomb. You can't produce a triad nuclear superpower that is built up by DF-31A/JL-2/DF-41.

Yeah, we the Mainlanders born in the 1980s are supporting CPC, we know the bad side of CPC, nevertheless we still choose to support them.

No one is flawless, but CPC has done a greater job than anyone else so far, the only reason we will turn to them when they can no longer protect China's interest.

But so far, we have Xi Jinping the tough Maoist, while you got Ma Yingjeou the eunuch, this is no brainer which guy we will support.

- I am not 100% supporting CPC on everything, but no party could do a better job for now.

- Mao's CPC was not the central government during that time, so don't expect them to have the capability to engage into a major confrontation against the well-armed Imperial Japanese. But CPC fought against USA during the Korean War, even we have suffered greater casualty, but we have still achieved our military objective.

- Taiwan's nuclear capability is pretty laughable, you will be lucky to produce a nuke like the North Korean dirty bomb. You can't produce a triad nuclear superpower that is built up by DF-31A/JL-2/DF-41.

Yeah, we the Mainlanders born in the 1980s are supporting CPC, we know the bad side of CPC, nevertheless we still choose to support them.

No one is flawless, but CPC has done a greater job than anyone else so far, the only reason we will turn to them when they can no longer protect China's interest.

But so far, we have Xi Jinping the tough Maoist, while you got Ma Yingjeou the eunuch, this is no brainer which guy we will support.

Thank you, for giving me an insight into the minds of Chinese youth from China.

Nonetheless, I will continue to help people from China who seeks freedom away from the CCP.

Thank you, for giving me an insight into the minds of Chinese youth from China.

Nonetheless, I will continue to help people from China who seeks freedom away from the CCP.

But remember, most Chinese youths today are Maoists, if they will only betray CPC when the party has gone too right.

We are 100% against corruption, and we know that Mao has committed many mistakes, but some mistakes weren't entirely his fault. Do you expect to have a good economy development when getting nuclear threatened by two superpowers?

Mao betrayed USSR because USSR attempted to make China its own puppet, later we got sanctioned for refusing to bow down.

The Cultural Revolution was initially not a mistake, but it later became a mistake because of getting hijacked by the far left radicals.

You can say the Cultural Revolution was the product of Mao's power hunger, but at least Mao didn't let his son to take his throne. How about your leader Chiang Kai-shek? Why his son became his successor?

But remember, most Chinese youths today are Maoists, if they will only betray CPC when the party has gone too right.

We are 100% against corruption, and we know that Mao has committed many mistakes, but some mistakes weren't entirely his fault. Do you expect to have a good economy development when getting nuclear threatened by two superpowers?

Mao betrayed USSR because USSR attempted to make China its own puppet, later we got sanctioned for refusing to bow down.

The Cultural Revolution was initially not a mistake, but it later became a mistake because of getting hijacked by the far left radicals.

You can say the Cultural Revolution was the product of Mao's power hunger, but at least Mao didn't let his son to take his throne, how about your leader Chiang Kai-shek, why his son became his successor.

okay, last note before I head to work.

Comparing Mao to Chiang Kai-shek is like comparing Jeffrey Domer to Charles Mason. Both killers and murderers. One difference: Mao wanted closed-door policies, whereas Chiang wanted westernization. That is why Taiwan became industrialized earlier than China.

You are right that Taiwan should have its own military program and not rely on the U.S., but I blame that on leaders that came after Chiang for being submissive to U.S. The fact is, CCP is the only ruling party, and if competition is the foundation of progress, then CCP should allow other political parties/ views to exist in China. You are the product of the word "hegemony" that you use so often. Again, I would urge reflexive thinking before pointing fingers. "He who lives in a glass house should not cast first stone." True, China has become a super power, that doesn't mean China can overcome all adversities by force. a good politician must be cunning, and use military as a last resort.

You keep knocking the U.S. as the perpetrator of all conflicts, but action speaks louder than words in the eyes of rest of the world. U.S. pleads for peace, even though it's secretly planting seeds everywhere in ASia. But, U.S. is doing a great job on projecting the image of the "peace maker" and trust me, U.S. is not afraid to engage China in conventional warfare. It has way more advanced technologies than China. Gotta go.

Comparing Mao to Chiang Kai-shek is like comparing Jeffrey Domer to Charles Mason. Both killers and murderers. One difference: Mao wanted closed-door policies, whereas Chiang wanted westernization. That is why Taiwan became industrialized earlier than China.

You are right that Taiwan should have its own military program and not rely on the U.S., but I blame that on leaders that came after Chiang for being submissive to U.S. The fact is, CCP is the only ruling party, and if competition is the foundation of progress, then CCP should allow other political parties/ views to exist in China. You are the product of the word "hegemony" that you use so often. Again, I would urge reflexive thinking before pointing fingers. "He who lives in a glass house should not cast first stone." True, China has become a super power, that doesn't mean China can overcome all adversities by force. a good politician must be cunning, and use military as a last resort.

You keep knocking the U.S. as the perpetrator of all conflicts, but action speaks louder than words in the eyes of rest of the world. U.S. pleads for peace, even though it's secretly planting seeds everywhere in ASia. But, U.S. is doing a great job on projecting the image of the "peace maker" and trust me, U.S. is not afraid to engage China in conventional warfare. It has way more advanced technologies than China. Gotta go.

- Taiwan's industrialization is not comparable to China's. The China of 1970 can independently launch its own rocket with a satellite of 150kg payload, while the South Korea of 2013 can only achieve this with the help from Russia. So i don't expect Taiwan to be any different. China is a continental nation with all resources to support its military development, we are on the same league with USA and Russia on this adavantage, while Taiwan and South Korea are not.

- We always prefer negociation over war, and our military hawks are just patriots, not the warmongers like the US hawks who make bag of money by invading other nations.

- If USA could leave East Asia alone, then they would not be our enemy anymore, but i don't think this would be possible. So blame this on USA, not China.

- But remember, China isn't afraid of engaging in a war against USA in its own backyard. The USA of 1990s has definitely bullied the weaker China many times, but have you seen the same scenario repeating today? Nope.

- Do you truly believe that US could military save Taiwan from PLA? Taiwan is now at the mercy of CPC, not because PLA is militarily incapable of taking you down. We still want to give our brother a chance to live and avoid the civil war.

Chiang did not want westernization. Westernization = liberal society, loose morals. Thats what happened in Taiwan AFTER Chiang died and his son changed everything.

Chiang threw Sun Liren in jail and accused him of conspiracy with the CIA and plotting to take over Taiwan.

Chiang did not want westernization. Westernization = liberal society, loose morals. Thats what happened in Taiwan AFTER Chiang died and his son changed everything.

Chiang threw Sun Liren in jail and accused him of conspiracy with the CIA and plotting to take over Taiwan.

Too bad Chiang is not Mao, he is not capable to keep that country together, otherwise he would not have lost the civil war.

Since the day that Chiang has installed his government in Nanjing, yet he cannot stop the decentralization of China by the warlords, the fate of KMT was already sealed, they were destined to be overthrown by the much stronger CPC.

you are half right. CIA wanted to overthrow chiang, and sun liren was trained by CIA (not only acquired asset). I think he was whacked by Chiang. But, still Chiang propagated western values like public education, solar calendar, science, etc., but as you implied he was not about to give up his powers.

Just one thing though, China made nukes when people were dying of hunger in the 70's, thus the Great Leap. I give him credit for providing security to the country, but he also protected his powers at the expense of the lives of a great number of educators. Including my grandfather and granduncles, who were minding their own business and bothered no one. Their only crime was that they were landowners.

No, I don't think Taiwan can defend itself if China invaded, but China would face grave consequences if it did, like being sanctioned and shunned by the world, plus face internal conflicts. If this were not true, China would have taken Taiwan by force a long time ago, given everyone acknowledges the mainland as the only China.

Lastly, I think China was first to enter into oil drilling contracts with Irag after the war, before U.S. did. So, I don't agree that U.S. went to war for economic reasons. Congress is criticizing Obama for moving too late on Irag after China. if anything, U.S. overspent on Iraq to rebuild it, only to let China get first bite of the apple. Good for China.

No need to argue.
CCP miss their opportunity to retake Taiwan in the early 70s,
KMT miss their opportunity to gain independence in the early 80s.
Things will stay the way it is, at least for another decade.

your opinions not really matter, no one really think much of banana republic philipine , your economy , military and education are not really on par with even Thailand if you know what I mean:rofl:

Just ignore the trolls.
They are nothing but broken radios, repeatedly making nonsense, noises and try to get attention.

I have no doubt, that there is more to the map that WuMao (nice name) is not telling, b/c that is what Filipinos are good at, mis-direction, mis-representation, and concealment. I just don't have the time or the will to poke holes in your story any more. If you guys can't even accept the findings of your own NBI, the highest investigative body in PH land, what's the use wasting keystrokes on you morons????

Before it was discovered in 1968 that oil reserves might be found under the sea near the Senkakus islands...the islands are undisputed. Taiwanese maps doesn't show those Islands as Taiwanese territory.

defense.jpg

After the discovery of possible oil deposits...the Taiwanese begin to include the Senkakus in their maps.

http://michaelturton.blogspot.com/2012/09/paper-on-parade-diaoyutai-islands-on.html

"This research report is the first to present irrefutable evidence of the ROC government’s change of position from excluding to including the Diaoyutai Islands in the ROC’s territory in the early 1970s. The evidence lies in cartographic information produced by the ROC government before the 1970s, which had always tacitly assumed that the Diaoyutai Islands were part of the Ryukyu Islands, not under the ROC’s sovereign control. Not until 1971 and 1972 did the Taiwanese government modify official maps—such as national atlases, military topographic maps, and maps in national textbooks—labelling the Diaoyutai Islands as part of Taiwan or using the “Taiwanese name” (i.e., Diaoyutai Islands, Tiaoyutai Islets) to identify these islands."

Before the shooting incident...accepted boundary is midway of Orchid Island (Taiwan) and Mavudis Island.

defense.jpg

Taiwan's Combined Service Forces 1975 Map recognizing that the border of Taiwan and Philippines is the Bashi Channel. See the dotted and dash line.

After the shooting incident...unilaterally and illegally appropriating for itself the Philippine EEZ around the Batanes Islands through the provisional boundary.

taiwan-philippines-thought-leaders-20130529.jpg

Hahahaha the real trolls just called me a troll Jesus you losers are running low on your normal b.s its not my problem chekwa losers :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom