What's new

Def.pk op-ed: Mutual Blackmail, ETO for Afg, Pak and Ind

Well thats more expensive and in time of strife easier to disrupt especially if gwador base has been leased to china lol and chinese navy has a nice big naval base with aircraft killer missiles but what india does is a matter for india,

This plan is ludicrous. It could take years to a decade for this to work. This is an engineering mega project.

not at all,its a one time cost and we can save transit fees to pakistan and its blackmailing too:D.
for rest of the post,i can say a lot but not here in this thread.

one thing i got from this post that you seem to be chinese lover ignoring the present facts and china will have their base in a-stan when america will leave afghanistan and china will never want a disturbed gwadar:D:azn:

but for now,just concentrate on first line of my post,rest is the answer of ur last part of ur post..

well i would be happy for pipeline to go to india and china thru pakistan but if america does not want indians to partcipate then india can decide what to do. Its no loss to pakistan we can just send it through to china. Its easy to say pipeline can go under sea but its not easy go check it out research it. Pakistan welcomes indias involvement in fact the contract that iran pakistan signed march this year provides for india to join at a later date if india wishes. Indian govt actually stated problem with price that iran wanted rather than prob with pakistan although political commentators said it was down to american interference and pressure

well i would be happy for pipeline to go to india and china thru pakistan but if america does not want indians to partcipate then india can decide what to do. Its no loss to pakistan we can just send it through to china. Its easy to say pipeline can go under sea but its not easy go check it out research it. Pakistan welcomes indias involvement in fact the contract that iran pakistan signed march this year provides for india to join at a later date if india wishes. Indian govt actually stated problem with price that iran wanted rather than prob with pakistan although political commentators said it was down to american interference and pressure

Yaar, forget it. India is at war with Pakistan. What makes you think they are going to support a pipeline that goes through Pakistan?

As muse said mutual interdependence is not a bad thing. I think india will end up reluctantly joining in so that it does not lose out to china. I think in this world the gung ho attitude of ego and macho we will not deal with each other will not be beneficial to india and pakistan but particularly to india

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Yaar, forget it. India is at war with Pakistan. What makes you think they are going to support a pipeline that goes through Pakistan?

just cos one indian here on the internet says he doesnt want it doesnt say anything about indian govt. Indian internet warriors here were pro israeli their govt supported palestinians. internet warriors supported western position on libya, indian govt sensibly went for non interference.

As muse said mutual interdependence is not a bad thing. I think india will end up reluctantly joining in so that it does not lose out to china. I think in this world the gung ho attitude of ego and macho we will not deal with each other will not be beneficial to india and pakistan but particularly to india

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

just cos one indian here on the internet says he doesnt want it doesnt say anything about indian govt. Indian internet warriors here were pro israeli their govt supported palestinians. internet warriors supported western position on libya, indian govt sensibly went for non interference.

One also has to take into account the situation at present.
Of course, Pakistan, China, and India will one day have to stand together. However if India has territorial disputes with Pakistan and China, don't expect any or little positive development in the region.

Don't bother. Pakistanis are emotional people who desperately want to believe that India shares in this "Asian brotherhood" dream against the big evil America.

India will never sacrifice an iota of its national interests with the West for Pakistan's sake. It is playing Pakisan for a fool with this rapproachment nonsense and some here are eager to fall for it, because they are blinded by their desire to "stick it" to America.

Don't bother. Pakistanis are emotional people who desperately want to believe that India shares in this "Asian brotherhood" dream against the big evil America.

India will never sacrifice an iota of its national interests with the West for Pakistan's sake. It is playing Pakisan for a fool with this rapproachment nonsense and some here are eager to fall for it, because they are blinded by their desire to "stick it" to America.

No one can help a man who wants to be fooled.

I know, right!

There are some "intellectuals" on defense.pk, that think that cooperating with India despite the fact we have territorial disputes is the right thing to do :lol:. Pakistan and India are enemies, no one can deny this.

No one is denying that an Asian Union is not needed. An Asian Union is needed and Pakistan, China, and India will be the biggest players in it.

India needs to solve it's territorial disputes according to just and moral principles with Pakistan and China first, if India wants access to Central Asia, or if India wants Pakistan and China to be her allies.

^^^ China's relationship with India is not subject to the issues that plague Pakistan's relationship with India. It will depend on mutual interests, primarily economic.

This mindset of being "enemies" will be forced to change given the enormity of the challenges ahead.

^^^ China's relationship with India is not subject to the issues that plague Pakistan's relationship with India. It will depend on mutual interests, primarily economic.

:lol::lol::lol:

But what is more important to China? Pakistan or India?

Does China want access to Arabian sea? Or does China want India?
What can India offer to China that is better than what Pakistan is offering?

There are more advantages and less liabilities in China supporting Pakistan. China has no territorial dispute with Pakistan.
There are more liabilities and less advantages in China supporting India. China has territorial dispute with India over Little Tibet.

We need to be very clear cut here. Pakistan is called China's Israel for no reason you know!

Yeah I can imagine - it's a reality we all hide from - that's why if you look at the "Foreign policy of Dignity" thead, you will see that we have argued from day one that the so called Arab spring is not about "democracy" but about Dignity - the Dignity of the ordinary person - and that is why we have consistently pointed out that the Arbis and let me be clear only the Peninsula and Gulf are arbis (just because you and I are conversing in English does not makes us Englishmen) and that these tyrannies are a mortal threat to Muslims.
You mean the 'Ghairat Brigade' actually has a point :D

Neither China nor India wants to be an Asian power. They both want to be global players. Their only interest in Asia is to keep the local situation under control so they can focus on the global stage.

The West is, and will continue to be, the dominant player on the global stage. America is not dying any time soon. Both China and India will calibrate their Asian relationships to keep the tension low at home, and both will engage with America in their own ways.

From Pakistan's perspective, we need to chart a safe course through this minefield of powerplay and be wary of uncharacteristic "overtures".

Neither China nor India wants to be an Asian power. They both want to be global players. Their only interest in Asia is to keep the local situation under control so they can focus on the global stage.

The West is, and will continue to be, the dominant player on the global stage. America is not dying any time soon. Both China and India will calibrate their Asian relationships to keep the tension low at home, and both will engage with America in their own ways.

From Pakistan's perspective, we need to chart a safe course through this minefield of powerplay and be wary of uncharacteristic "overtures".

However China has a better chance to beat India in Asia. China could create her own bloc with the Central Asian countries and Pakistan.

That would require China ditching Russia. However is China willing to do that? Is China strong enough to do that?

That is the question! Can an "SCO" just be comprised of China, Pakistan, Central Asian countries?

However China has a better chance to beat India in Asia. China could create her own bloc with the Central Asian countries and Pakistan.

That would require China ditching Russia. However is China willing to do that? Is China strong enough to do that?

That is the question! Can an "SCO" just be comprised of China, Pakistan, Central Asian countries?

I don't think China wants to inflame tensions with India. Both countries want to manage the relationships in their backyward so they can focus on the global stage.

By creating an openly hostile relationship with India, China might as well hand the keys of Western military technology to India.

I don't think China wants to inflame tensions with India. Both countries want to manage the relationships in their backyward so they can focus on the global stage.

By creating an openly hostile relationship with India, China might as well hand the keys of Western military technology to India.

So what do you think is going to happen in the near future based on the current situation?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom