What's new

Decision imminent: Summary containing 6 names for next army chief sent to PMO

Six means Asim Munir name added in second summery. Let's see Hafiz ji remove all Nawaz cases.

I said Lt Gen Amir had more chance, but now that Lt Gen Amir is there is the list, it's 50-50.

COAS will be from among these two, CJSC will be from the rest of the four.

IK should now postpone his long march for good. Better wait for the next election than getting killed in a public gathering.

Just wait and watch, PMLN won't be able to handle the economy and public anger will make Imran Khan more popular.

Elections will happen on time and no one other than Allah can stop IK from getting majority in the parliament. Just focus on Punjab, KPK, AJK and GB. Delivery in these provinces will ensure he will get stronger.

Just deliver and postpone the long march. There's nothing he can do more.
Problem is 1 year from now lots can happen, the current regime with a friendly COAS can ensure PTI does not get a majority rigg the system. Lawyers, judges, all institutions are against IK.

As his assassination attempt, along with Arshads killing are fresh in peoples minds these need to be used to pressure the current regime.

I genuinely believe IK cares about economy hence pushing for the elections we will be bankrupt in a month or two by looking at our foreign reserves. IMF is also delaying their meeting with finance minister which indicates things will get out of control if not taken seriously now.
I said Lt Gen Amir had more chance, but now that Lt Gen Amir is there is the list, it's 50-50.

COAS will be from among these two, CJSC will be from the rest of the four.

IK should now postpone his long march for good. Better wait for the next election than getting killed in a public gathering.

Just wait and watch, PMLN won't be able to handle the economy and public anger will make Imran Khan more popular.

Elections will happen on time and no one other than Allah can stop IK from getting majority in the parliament. Just focus on Punjab, KPK, AJK and GB. Delivery in these provinces will ensure he will get stronger.

Just deliver and postpone the long march. There's nothing he can do more.

I genuinely believe IK cares about economy hence pushing for the elections we will be bankrupt in a month or two by looking at our foreign reserves. IMF is also delaying their meeting with finance minister which indicates things will get out of control if not taken seriously now.
IK or no IK, the economic situation is very bad. There is nothing IK over anyone in the world do to overturn the condition without foreign help.

He should just stay quiet, and wait for the next elections.

Amir is Zardari's favorite, Asim is Nawaz favorite, even if all four somehow get the key positions in Pakistani politics, they can't save Pakistan from turning into Uganda (which the country already is in my opinion).

The country needs a hard reset, and early elections with IK getting little majority (considering Amir or Asim, and Election Commission helping crooks) won't get anyone anything.

By next elections, things will get more clear and even a few patwaris will understand what this mafia has left for their children while making properties abroad.

I don't want IK to become the Prime Minister until the whole country realizes (including establishment, judiciary and media) that they have lost it.

Problem is 1 year from now lots can happen, the current regime with a friendly COAS can ensure PTI does not get a majority rigg the system. Lawyers, judges, all institutions are against IK.

As his assassination attempt, along with Arshads killing are fresh in peoples minds these need to be used to pressure the current regime.
They can do everything except fixing the economy. For the past 6 months, they have been trying so hard and getting nothing.

An official ISPR account should really not be tweeting this.
No harm doing this when people are going 🍌🍌🍌 for no reason on this routine matter. Noora has that underdeveloped caveman mentality of deliberately making a mountain out of a molehill. Now back to political bickering of these overgrown man children.

I have a suspicion that regardless of who is selected, they will all backtrack from the big B policies and do a u-turn. I suspect that elections will be called immediately after the selection.

This is because the next army chief, regardless of who it is, has the opportunity to backtrack from big B’s policies. I expect them to break PDM govt and re-engage with PTI after PTI sweeps the elections. This is because if the establishment has an opportunity to side with the winning side, in my mind, they will do it.

The question then is what is PTI going to do after they win the elections. Will they do the necessary reforms that are required?

I have a suspicion that regardless of who is selected, they will all backtrack from the big B policies and do a u-turn. I suspect that elections will be called immediately after the selection.

This is because the next army chief, regardless of who it is, has the opportunity to backtrack from big B’s policies. I expect them to break PDM govt and re-engage with PTI after PTI sweeps the elections. This is because if the establishment has an opportunity to side with the winning side, in my mind, they will do it.

The question then is what is PTI going to do after they win the elections. Will they do the necessary reforms that are required?
Nawaz history has shown that his hand selected COAS always caused him issues.

This time, Nawaz choice hates Khan so let see how this pans out. Khan silence on this matter should be looked into as well. Maybe there is a understanding among the corp, Bajwa must go and hard reset is required?

DGISPR seems frustrated because of PMLN constant threatening statements ..and anti-summary tweets and statements ..

1669158541434.png

No harm doing this when people are going 🍌🍌🍌 for no reason on this routine matter. Noora has that underdeveloped caveman mentality of deliberately making a mountain out of a molehill. Now back to political bickering of these overgrown man children.

Each and every party is just as culpable in this whole fiasco.

Is mulk kay intellect ka andaza is baat say hi laga lo that a promotion of a grade 22 officer has brought the country to a virtual standstill.

This decision will come to bite NS back in the behind, sooner or later.

Apart from that, such a wheeling dealing to bring in a man of choice is already not being well received by the senior ranks, both serving and retired.

The practice of promoting an officer to Gen before a position has become vacant just so that he can become COAS is being abhorred, and rightly so.

The prerogative does lie with the PM to select the COAS, but he cannot promote an officer out of turn, or extend his service just for his own political gains.

And I am very much amazed why N league still thinks Asim Munir would take a hard stance against IK. He will definitely not, mark my words. He is in no position to do so, especially after the events of the last year and the discussions that have taken place among the highest ranks.

Finally, this is what a former senior officer said to me, 'fauj ka apna nizam hota hai, woh aap ko aik track par laga deti hai aur aap ko pata lag jata hai aap kahan tak jao gay'.

Asim Munir was DG MI, DG ISI, and now a CC and QMG.

Sahir Shamshad on the other hand as been DGMO, VCGS, CGS, CC X Corps...now you tell me who is on the better track and was being groomed by the previous leadership (QBJ) to become COAS? Everyone and their mother in the 3 star ranks knows Sahir Shamshad was going to be Bajwa's choice. Now, would a PM know better the career progression and positional responsibilities?

That is the only reason why N wants Asim Munir.

They do not know for sure if he will side with them, but they are hedging all their bets on it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom