What's new

CV-17 Shandong - Type 002 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

That is right.
But it was there on October 29, 2019.

So then the question is, is this indeed that small bark again, which was used for painting the number?

PLN Type 002 carrier - 20191102 - 7 part +.png
Barke.JPG

Water based chalk paint could be used for painting a few days ago. Water based chalk paint can be easily washed off leaving no trace.

If my memory serve me right, number 16 was painted on the super structure of Liaoning (when the ship was under major refit a few months ago) and was washed off later, and a few days after that, the real coat of paint was applied on the same place.

edit: Ok I found it, check post #365 and #366 on Liaoning thread (page 25 September 2018). They painted the number, then they erased it, and then repaint the number again after a few days. So, this is just a normal procedure to paint pennant number on old paint surface.

Last edited:
Water based chalk paint could be used for painting a few days ago. Water based chalk paint can be easily washed off leaving no trace.

If my memory serve me right, number 16 was painted on the super structure of Liaoning (when the ship was under major refit a few months ago) and was washed off later, and a few days after that, the real coat of paint was applied on the same place.

edit: Ok I found it, check post #365 and #366 on Liaoning thread (page 25 September 2018). They painted the number, then they erased it, and then repaint the number again after a few days. So, this is just a normal procedure to paint pennant number on old paint surface.

I must admit, I admire you and your ability to remember such things and even more to find them. Hats off!

So indeed, preparing for the party and cleaning & cosmetics!

Thanks

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom