What's new

Corps Commander Karachi

Sir, SOB i dont require you to push sense into me.

:lol:

3879_-_animated_gif_chuck_norris_dodgeball_thumbs_up.gif

Now a question, if you will : The news (print & electronic) has repeatedly quoted a lot of people as saying that the terrorists were Uzbeks ?

Yaraaa I can understand that the TTP can find sympathizers amongst us because you've got the Punjabi Taliban & then you've got the Tribal ones - Both fringe elements but they can melt into society but where did the Uzbeks come from ? I mean I was under the impression that we - in Pakistan - didn't have that many ethnic Uzbeks ?

:lol:

3879_-_animated_gif_chuck_norris_dodgeball_thumbs_up.gif

Now a question, if you will : The news (print & electronic) has repeatedly quoted a lot of people as saying that the terrorists were Uzbeks ?

Yaraaa I can understand that the TTP can find sympathizers amongst us because you've got the Punjabi Taliban & then you've got the Tribal ones - Both fringe elements but they can melt into society but where did the Uzbeks come from ? I mean I was under the impression that we - in Pakistan - didn't have that many ethnic Uzbeks ?

They are not native to the country, but come from A-stan, originally from U-stan.

Comparing a well guarded international airport with privately run unguarded hotels with hundreds of rooms and scores of hostages or city centres and restaurants with practically no self defence is hilarious at best. But you must make some comment about India to soothe your hurt ego. And no attackers were not roaming freely in a large area once armed forces responded, they were holed up in huge hotels with hostages.

The huge loss of life was because the terrorists fired into restaurants and hotels and an overcrowded train station. These were soft targets that pakistani terrorists chose because they knew some equally sordid brain back home will use the civilian dead to make weird remarks in times of need.

And mumbai police, despite being largely unarmed did not even run away, hence their large casualty nos. Infact Ajmal Kasab was caught by an unarmed policeman who lost his life. I can contrast this with numerous cases of pakistani armed FC and others simply surrendering to terrorists, or guards hiding in basements while terrorists raid jails. But I do not wish to stoop down to your level.

Very well put.

If a comparison similar comparison has to be made, we could talk about the 2009 incident with the Sri Lankan cricket team, who were promised "presidential security" by the great commando himself, and ended up facing bullets and RPGs, and only lived another day because the bus driver pressed the pedal. The elite commandoes guarding them vanished faster than Houdini, and the attackers later calmly collected their belongings and went home and had supper, and were never caught.

What happened in Mumbai was that heavily armed and trained Pakistani murderers moved from location to location, shooting unguarded civilians, and throwing grenades into crowds. Even the TTP seems much more humane in comparison. 26/11 would have been a nightmarish scenario for any police force on earth to handle - multiple soft locations, dynamic situation. Unlike Pakistan's elite police who fled for their lives when their protectees were attacked, we had Tukaram Omble (an ex armyman and then a constable in the Mumbai police force) unarmed and charging at the Kalashnikov wielding terrorists, taking several bullets, and yet grasping on to the terrorist's rifle so his colleagues could overpower him. We had Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan sacrificing himself to save his juniors, in the highest traditions of the Indian army. Heck, we even had a member of the poorly trained and poorly equipped home guards sacrificing his life so that others may live.

In this case, a very sensitive and strategi location that should have been impenetrable was attacked, and some Pakistanis are comparing it to the Mumbai massacre to score brownie points. Such a shame.

They are not native to the country, but come from A-stan, originally from U-stan.

But how can they move around with such ease ?

I mean I remember @Xeric or @Icarus saying that these guys - the terrorists - have a lot of mobility because they know someone here & there who can provide them with rest, supplies & a temporary sanctuary ! Thats how they're able to melt around at ease into the local population. (I think this was said at the backdrop of the DI Khan jail break)

Now my confusion stems from the fact that if these Uzbeks aren't native to Pakistan - How could they move around with such ease ?

Are we then underestimating the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan & perhaps they too should be given equal, if not more, scrutiny than we usually do because we're usually focused on either a Mehsud led TTP faction or Fazlullah in Afghanistan !

Or was this just a one-off thing & they - the IMU - aren't that threatening for Pakistan ?

Hence my question !

Sir I know this is the war in which a General had to carry sword and be at front he could have remained at the Air Port and led the operation from there Sir their was no need of he getting personally involved till Colonol level he would have seen much front line action now its time to lead but not like that Sir
Mister
you are an idiot sir
without any clue and confirmation Mister you are giving a verdict Sir?

Mister do you know what Prophet Muhammad PBUH said that a proof for a liar is that he passes on gossip without checking it...

dont be a liar Mister.

for the last time his presence in the airport was crucial. ...general or not.. he isa warrior and a soldier.

end of............. Mister

But how can they move around with such ease ?

I mean I remember @Xeric or @Icarus saying that these guys - the terrorists - have a lot of mobility because they know someone here & there who can provide them with rest, supplies & a temporary sanctuary ! Thats how they're able to melt around at ease into the local population. (I think this was said at the backdrop of the DI Khan jail break)

Now my confusion stems from the fact that if these Uzbeks aren't native to Pakistan - How could they move around with such ease ?

Are we then underestimating the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan & perhaps they too should be given equal, if not more, scrutiny than we usually do because we're usually focused on either a Mehsud led TTP faction or Fazlullah in Afghanistan !

Or was this just a one-off thing & they - the IMU - aren't that threatening for Pakistan ?

Hence my question !

TTP and local militant outfights are the FACILITATORS, and about 6 out of the ten in Karachi were ?Uzbeks.

TTP might not be your direct enemy and you would be praising their attacks but in our case LeT IS our enemy and it has assisted TTP (their members help each other) to launch attacks against Pakistan and instigate was between us.

both TTP and LeT share the mission to start a war between Pakistan and India because both entities see them as enemies. maybe your new security adviser has a different view but we can live in hope

TTP is not (yet) our direct enemy, but when has any Indian praised them? I wouldn't want even my worst enemy to live under Taliban rule. As far as I'm aware Indians have neither praised nor sympathized with the TTP. A few Pakistanis have. On the other hand, I can show you lots of Pakistanis who have praised or gloated about the LeT massacring innocent civilians in Mumbai.

Call it stupid if you're stupid.

But, for his troops he was important.

Having his presence there could be to boost his troops morals?
That is leadership, on the freakin ground. not in the background and shouting orders.

He is a thousand times better then you internet warriors who have No freaking idea of ground reality, all you do is follow a clueless/corrupt/inept leader and follow him blindly , you morons have no idea what it is like to fight on the ground what it feels like , and what difference it makes to know that your CO is standing behind you .

Just Clueless Idiots , everywhere I see . I am not even going to bother replying to you guys .

remember that when your PTI burger kids blame army that its "generals" sit in air conditioned offices and its the soldiers that sacrifice.
some Taliban infested burger bastards continue to talk nonsense like this although repeatedly our star officers have gone on the front-lines.

The General is to be commended for showing great leadership and promptly regaining control of the airport. While the subsequent rescue efforts were sub-par specially with regards to the cold storage area fiasco, that was not a security issue. The fact that the attackers were killed and the airport re-opened quickly is a success.

The General is to be commended for showing great leadership and promptly regaining control of the airport. While the subsequent rescue efforts were sub-par specially with regards to the cold storage area fiasco, that was not a security issue. The fact that the attackers were killed and the airport re-opened quickly is a success.

The anti-terror ops in recent attacks have been very well coordinated and thought out. We learned our lessons after GHQ and Mehran attack it seems, at least as far as on the spot counter op goes.

Civil defence has always been a neglected area in Pakistan, and sadly will remain to be such. Maybe someday Metro Bus will come to the rescue of people.

The anti-terror ops in recent attacks have been very well coordinated and thought out. We learned our lessons after GHQ and Mehran attack it seems, at least as far as on the spot counter op goes.

Civil defence has always been a neglected area in Pakistan, and sadly will remain to be such. Maybe someday Metro Bus will come to the rescue of people.

I agree that the responses have been getting better, but unfortunately, the shock value of such brazen attacks and the adverse publicity fallout remains as potent as ever in favor of the terrorists. We must do more to prevent such attacks from happening in the first place, to be just as effective as the responses after such attacks.

Back
Top Bottom