What's new

Copycat Congress: Rahul Gandhi ad comes with Narendra Modi slogan

akand bharat

Reaction score
Country
India
A startled Narendra Modi woke up on Friday morning to see newspapers splashed with a new Congress ad campaign pitching Rahul Gandhi ahead of the generalelections with a tagline used by him sometime back.

The ad featured the Congress vice-president with the phrase ‘Main Nahin, Hum’ (Not I, we) in bold, the very words used by Modi during his ‘better administration’ drive in Gujarat three years ago.

As red-faced Congress was left to explain the goof-up, a photograph of the BJP's prime ministerial candidate addressing a meeting in Mehsana in February 2011 with the phrase emblazoned behind him, identical down to the comma, surfaced soon after.

rahul_modi_advt.jpg

Both images became viral online.

Dentsu India, the agency that created the ad, refused to comment, on account of a confidentiality clause in its contract with the Congress party.

It had won a Rs500-crore contract, along with JWT, for this campaign, warding off stiff bids from leading agencies such as Rediffusion Y&R, Crayon, Percept/H, Grey Group, and Madison World.

The Congress had more reasons for being embarrassed. This was a solo ad projecting Rahul Gandhi, unaccompanied by his mother and party chief Sonia Gandhi or Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

It was supposed to be part of a mega campaign to position him as a people's politician in the face of Narendra Modi's "tea vendor vs shehzada (prince)" chant and Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi appeal, party sources said.

Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha said, "They (the Congress) are copycats. They are in desperation and are ready to go to any extent."

But, by Friday evening, information and broadcasting minister Manish Tewari was ready with a stout defence: "The discourse over the past six months evidences that the BJP's prime ministerial aspirant has an ostensible proprietary right over the words 'I, me, myself', while the partnership that has transformed the country over the past 10 years provides the Congress and the UPA a legitimate claim over the word 'we'."

Congress spokesperson Shoba Oza said, "The slogan is not anyone’s parental property.”

Copycat Congress: Rahul Gandhi ad comes with Narendra Modi slogan - Hindustan Times

@mods What this thread is doing in Pakistani Affairs?

@Topic
I see lot of progress of India by Congress last 10 years & india under modi, going towards another Gujrat like incident, but it will be nation wide rather then some small state. Best of Luck Indians while choosing Modi.

@Topic
I see lot of progress of India by Congress last 10 years & india under modi, going towards another Gujrat like incident, but it will be nation wide rather then some small state. Best of Luck Indians while choosing Modi.
lol,Gujrats GDP will soon overtake Pakistan's GDP..........:lol:

@Topic
Speech less :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

lol,Gujrats GDP will soon overtake Pakistan's GDP..........:lol:

Offtopic but Yes, but again discussion here is whole india not Gujrat & will India survive under modi by then? That's another issue.

Modi is violent, try to push everything with power. May be in a small state where national decisions doesn't matter. Do this brutality works fine. But what about whole country whose foundation is based on capitalism. A personal like modi taking control of "4th Generation", which is already been predicted as low temper, highly aggressive, indusial , who see things through media's eyes, and ignore any barrier coming into their way.. Their way could be any way depending on their choice... come on things are pretty clear in which direction India will go..

PS: Yes I do hate Modi for Gujrat Incident, But if you want discussion, bring proofs and logics. And don't show what you already have show (you know what I mean). Otherwise this is my last reply to an "Indian" on this thread.

Speech less :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

As expected..

Offtopic but Yes, but again discussion here is whole india not Gujrat & will India survive under modi by then? That's another issue..
Why you are even asking this?
Modi is violent, try to push everything with power.
Give proof for the above statement.......
May be in a small state where national decisions doesn't matter. Do this brutality works fine. But what about whole country whose foundation is based on capitalism. A personal like modi taking control of "4th Generation", which is already been predicted as low temper, highly aggressive, indusial , who see things through media's eyes, and ignore any barrier coming into their way.. Their way could be any way depending on their choice... come on things are pretty clear in which direction India will go.
Again you are talking without proofs.......
Do you know that BJP won even in Muslim majority areas?
PS: Yes I do hate Modi for Gujrat Incident, But if you want discussion, bring proofs and logics. And don't show what you already have show (you know what I mean). Otherwise this is my last reply to an "Indian" on this thread.
Same applies to you......

he he he he sonia ... aka anonia maino will be realli pissed of now she must be firing a few this :)

bechara Pappu :crazy::crazy: came owt in open and "sar mundate hi ole pare":rofl:

lolzzz where is doggy raja and the battery of congressi stooges who once were the court jester in chief :omghaha::omghaha:

i wonder what magik bullet congressi CCs are planning now :cheesy::cheesy:....:haha:

@Topic

I stopped reading right there.

And it is hilarious how you think Modi is going to just start up and killing Muslims.

Why you are even asking this?

Don't open a topic if you afraid of replies. And certainly don't open up in wrong section :P

Give proof for the above statement.......

Proofs, Like you don't know? What about anti-sikh program? What happen under his emergency in Gujrat in 2002? How 1200 Gujrati Farmers went to jail in 2007? What are his point of view for Kashmir? Most of the things are like universal truth. There are lots of proofs, he want to do things with wrist rather then intelligence. If you want me to search the news and post it here, then sorry.. I don't have much time for it. you can live up in your dreams

Again you are talking without proofs.......

It's not I am without proofs, it's you without knowledge. Read more about Generation X. Then speak..

Do you know that BJP won even in Muslim majority areas?

Yes, I know, you can't stop fools for making wrong choice again n again.
Same applies to you......
I live in reality then the denial, so my replies will be based on logics don't worry..

I stopped reading right there.

And it is hilarious how you think Modi is going to just start up and killing Muslims.

Limited mind, limited reading skills.. all will lead to making such thought. It's know I believe he will kill muslims, it's I believe india will die under Modi. read the whole shit before making up your mind.

And yeah I and whole world can see how much india grew in last 10 years, it's you with limited mind. nothing special..

Don't open a topic if you afraid of replies. And certainly don't open up in wrong section :P.
Comrehension problems,I wanted to say that you are saying as Modi is a murderer........
Proofs, Like you don't know? .
He has been proven innocent by the court.......:lol:
SIT finds no proof against Modi, says court - The Hindu
http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...yUGeofDNr085DOoZcbwHBwg&bvm=bv.59930103,d.bmk
What about anti-sikh program?
What anti-sikh program?lol,dont confuse congress with BJP.............
What happen under his emergency in Gujrat in 2002?
SIT finds no proof against Modi, says court - The Hindu

It's not I am without proofs, it's you without knowledge. Read more about Generation X. Then speak..
Why dont you read about it......:lol:
Generation X - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes, I know, you can't stop fools for making wrong choice again n again.
Gujrats GDP will overtake whoole of Pakistan's GDP so much for wrong choice......:lol:
I live in reality then the denial, so my replies will be based on logics don't worry..
Yeah I just saw it.......:lol:[/quote]

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom