What's new

Rahul Gandhi won't be PM nominee, will lead Congress campaign

@Nair saab :
Kerala beats Gujarat as best performing state
State of the States 2013: Kerala model of development balances growth with equity : NATION - India Today
At 9.5%, Kerala growth story remains intact -The New Indian Express

All this is just the tip of the iceberg. In everything from poverty reduction to health access to economic growth to balanced fiscal spending to investment to public safety, Kerala has outshone every other state these past years. If Oommen Chandy was from the BJP, he would rightfully have been laying a claim to the PM's post, like NaMo and Shivraj Singh Chauhan. But for the congress, doing a job well is not the criterion, so...
Big deal - its entirely due to remittances. "Rs 55,000 crore continued to be the mainstay of Kerala’s growth story" :hitwall:
For a small state it has "50 lakh unemployed youth"!!! If you are talking about HDI - Kerala has been among the best for quite some time, and Gujarat was known as the "$hithole dirty place" in the nineties.

App is a phenomena with the urban class . the sheen may ware off by the elections. they do not enjoy rural support. Plus given a choice people will vote for regional parties over a new entity . but then its my opinion , lets wait and see what May brings.

Yeah, these elections are gonna be interesting

Yeah, these elections are gonna be interesting
Yeah and rich :)
estimated expenses of an MP will be around 12-15 cr this time.

Big deal - its entirely due to remittances. "Rs 55,000 crore continued to be the mainstay of Kerala’s growth story" :hitwall:
For a small state it has "50 lakh unemployed youth"!!! If you are talking about HDI - Kerala has been among the best for quite some time, and Gujarat was known as the "$hithole dirty place" in the nineties.
Just a word of advice . In your admiration of namo dont berate others success mate. i have on many occasions voiced my admiration for namo handling of certain issues. one should not be blind, but balanced in his argument , it make you more credible. i say this as a well wisher , take the advice if you want:)

Which is why i stressed HDI growth, not just HDI. And BTW, Kerala was very backward in employment and economic growth, despite having a completely literate population. As for remittances - the fact is that whatever the govt earns is being invested properly, not simply doled out like in TN. The infrastructure being developed is very impressive. One city is building a metro, and the roads connecting the cities have been improved tremendously. (not the roads within the cities.)

In any development index, whether purely from an economic POV, or from the point of view of human well being, Kerala's growth story can stand shoulder to shoulder with that of any other state. That was not something you could say of Kerala in the 90s or early 2000s.

I'm sure India deserves to exist when Yeddy (2 B USD corruption) is brought back under the glorious leader
He got convicted? :woot: If he is, he will lose my support. (Not that it is going to count, I will have to choose between NC and PDP :P )

Yeah and rich :)
estimated expenses of an MP will be around 12-15 cr this time.

Just a word of advice . In your admiration of namo dont berate others success mate. i have on many occasions voiced my admiration for namo handling of certain issues. one should not be blind, but balanced in his argument , it make you more credible. i say this as a well wisher , take the advice if you want:)
Gee thanks :D IMO - Kerala's success is little in recent times. In education, social welfare they are the best - but the credit should go to the Govts before the nineties. Currently there is a stagnation. I mean that's what I get from my friends here.

I admire Anthony as well.I liked Kejriwal before - when he was just an Aam Aadmi :agree:
I also like Omar - home boy :D

guys, to be honest from where r the congress planning to get seats from Andhra(20 congress seats) is lost completely,so is the central india heartland(wiped out in elections),delhi(7 seats),maharashtra thnx to adarsh and fight with NCP,Gujarat and punjab not going to happen, are they relying on us northeast chaps for survival?
What makes you think that AP is lost? they have a deal in place with YSR congress on support. . and Maharashtra will still be a congress stronghold.

@Nair saab :
Kerala beats Gujarat as best performing state
State of the States 2013: Kerala model of development balances growth with equity : NATION - India Today
At 9.5%, Kerala growth story remains intact -The New Indian Express

All this is just the tip of the iceberg. In everything from poverty reduction to health access to economic growth to balanced fiscal spending to investment to public safety, Kerala has outshone every other state these past years. If Oommen Chandy was from the BJP, he would rightfully have been laying a claim to the PM's post, like NaMo and Shivraj Singh Chauhan. But for the congress, doing a job well is not the criterion, so...
Look Buddy I am a Malayalee... and I know what development they are doing...

State is completely dependent on the foreign remittance... the economy has improved because the number of people going to middle east has increased after the economic crisis who has returned from middle east before...

Not a Single industry not a single new institution ... nor any new power plant ... lol apart from the infamous Solar scam... in which the CM himself should be the accused...

Like i said dont ask me ask the PDf members from kerala... CPM is all set to win Kerala ...

and congress is thinking on removing Chanddy from CM post...

Solar scam: Security for Oommen Chandy tightened as protests intensify - The Hindu

Oommen Chandy injured after CPI-M activists stone car

First the sex scandal, now solar scam: Get to know Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy - daily.bhaskar.com

Last edited:
Nc makes a better party for governance . wonder if we can ever see Omar as our PM. man that would be something else. :)
It was too damn cold the last few weeks. Friends/relatives/family etc were only indoors - and discussions hovered around politics. :D This time we expected PDP to do better, but somehow NC seems stronger. Omar would not make a great PM - he is a simple guy - a good administrator( and very importantly for us - secular!!!)

Interestingly Kashmiris(mostly Muslims) want to see Modi come to the top! There are plenty of Kashmiris in Bangalore. The job market there is pathetic. I am in Bangalore - all families have someone working outside - except tourism and some handicraft there is nothing here. In the winter even handicraft is gone :( People are hoping for some local industries - even with the help of Modi if need be! Hunger is a powerful thing bro :(

guys, to be honest from where r the congress planning to get seats from Andhra(20 congress seats) is lost completely,so is the central india heartland(wiped out in elections),delhi(7 seats),maharashtra thnx to adarsh and fight with NCP,Gujarat and punjab not going to happen, are they relying on us northeast chaps for survival?

They lost everything in AP,they wont win in andhra,but telangana maybe 1 or 2 .

good for them but do explain this YSR congress thing also do tell me what'll congress do to get votes in the northern parts which is extremely crucial cause thier allies like mulayam will find it tough thnx to muzzafarnagar
If YSR CP has a deal with congress it wont even get a single vote in andhra, people will vote for yscp or tdp only if they can keep AP together, if YSRCP shows inclination towards any deal with congress who say they are going to split the state they wont even get deposit votes in andhra(ysrcp i mean).

Last edited:
It was too damn cold the last few weeks. Friends/relatives/family etc were only indoors - and discussions hovered around politics. :D This time we expected PDP to do better, but somehow NC seems stronger. Omar would not make a great PM - he is a simple guy - a good administrator( and very importantly for us - secular!!!)

Interestingly Kashmiris(mostly Muslims) want to see Modi come to the top! There are plenty of Kashmiris in Bangalore. The job market there is pathetic. I am in Bangalore - all families have someone working outside - except tourism and some handicraft there is nothing here. In the winter even handicraft is gone :( People are hoping for some local industries - even with the help of Modi if need be! Hunger is a powerful thing bro :(
Its ridiculous to think the modi can solve the problems of India if he becomes PM . but then time will tell if he ever manages to be come the PM

Besides the question of which other candidate might come, can somebody tell me for what reasons Rahul was not selected and doesn't the party look weak by further delaying the decision?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom