What's new

Rahul Gandhi won't be PM nominee, will lead Congress campaign

They lost everything in AP,they wont win in andhra,but telangana maybe 1 or 2 .

If YSR CP has a deal with congress it wont even get a single vote in andhra, people will vote for yscp or tdp only if they can keep AP together, if YSRCP shows inclination towards any deal with congress who say they are going to split the state they wont even get deposit votes in andhra(ysrcp i mean).
Google what vijayamma said about support .

Congress has surprised all. They will pull out a card which will keep everyone guessing. Chiddu is the only seasoned player I can recall. Others are big disaster. Sachin Pilot, Jyotiraditya will have fresh appeal. Nandan Nilekani, if has to materialise will (may) appeal to urban youth but not known to masses. So may not work well in the face-off with NaMo. Quite interesting game unfolding there in the capital.

mate i would advice and urge calm abhi there are 6 months left, lot an happen in 6 months bjp under modi won over the entire central heartland(MP,CG,raj),in 6 days AAP became a butt of jokes from a ray of hope(PS: i am no namo bhakt or AAP hater just being objective) right now even the most objective and seasoned political pundits are second guessing then who r we

Barely 4 months left for General elections ....

The voting is expected to complete by early may . Results will be out by mid may .

we will have hung parliament this time ....

Unless we see last minute miracle .... The Third front is likely to be on top closely followed by NDA ....BJP will emerge as Single largest party with around 170 seats !

This is why all those faithful dogs for Soinia were boot licking her family. I think it can be either Kurshid or Chidambaram. But Chidambaram is more of independent person and has his own limits in terms of taking orders.

He always had a chance. As per original trend, RG was never goign to be the PM candidate anyway, it was after Modi turned it into a presidential election that pressures on him increased. But I guess now they're clear that there is too much risk of failure to justify risking his 'good' name :disagree:

Congress 1st choice would have been Pranab, but he's been sent 'upwards'. Remaning heavy weitghts are Chidambaram (very liked by MMS. He's a Harvard Business School MBA, so understood and worked well with MMS on economics). Shinde is the new heavywight but is known to be venal, goon like ex-Sub Inspector. Recent events have taken the gloss off him. If you notice the Home Secretary who accused Shinde yesterday was asked by NDTV who was a better HM and he laughed and asked- is there a question- Chidambaram is a 1000 times better. Everyone worked with Chiddu has a great opinion about him.

Everyone except subramania swamy of course- and that has an epic, interesting story behind it that I'll tell you sometime :lol:
I would like hear that story!! curious

Last edited:
Besides the question of which other candidate might come, can somebody tell me for what reasons Rahul was not selected and doesn't the party look weak by further delaying the decision?
fairly simple why RG wasn't selected: he has consistently failed to draw in crowds.
I'm suspicious on congress trying to bring in Nilekani as the PM contender. He has publicly stated his willingness to join politics already.

It was too damn cold the last few weeks. Friends/relatives/family etc were only indoors - and discussions hovered around politics. :D This time we expected PDP to do better, but somehow NC seems stronger. Omar would not make a great PM - he is a simple guy - a good administrator( and very importantly for us - secular!!!)

Interestingly Kashmiris(mostly Muslims) want to see Modi come to the top! There are plenty of Kashmiris in Bangalore. The job market there is pathetic. I am in Bangalore - all families have someone working outside - except tourism and some handicraft there is nothing here. In the winter even handicraft is gone :( People are hoping for some local industries - even with the help of Modi if need be! Hunger is a powerful thing bro :(

I support Omar becoming PM. About time someone from Kashmir got the job.

This is why all those faithful dogs for Soinia were boot licking her family. I think it can be either Kurshid or Chidambaram. But Chidambaram is more of independent person and has his own limits in terms of taking orders.

I would like hear that story!! curious

It's the story of two ambitious men who left high flying careers in search of destiny. Chiddu, afer his Harvard MBA, gave up his corporate career and possible global CEOship of a major corporation to join politics. At the same time Subramania Swamy, equally brilliant statistician and economist trained at Yale gave up his brilliant academic career to do the same. There are many famous economists in the US who predicted that he would go on to win the Nobel some day-so the sacrifice was even greater for him. And these two brilliant, intellectually arrogant men enter the fray of TN Politics and are intense 'Ivy League' rivals. Swamy was a bit more of the individualist and makes a lot more mistakes (including trying to cobble some Brahmin oriented strategy). He sees with his own eyes, the more flexible Chiddu rise through the ranks of congress right to the top and feels jealous. Both men become ministers but Chiddu far far more successful. That's why Swamy hates his so much, not only because he's a political rival but also because both these men consider only each other as having capability to match their own high standards. It's the battle of epic 'supermen'. The rest are basically trash for them (I suspect Chiddu secretly thinks of RG in these terms)

Last edited:
Politicians always say such things to increase interest.In the end it will be Raul. Mom might takeover as Prez before cancer overtakes her.

Who ever runs for the PM position should declare their Net assets worth. Actually every Member of parliament should do that, if not already implemented... I would like to know what kind of assets Mulayam singh yadav has?

Google what vijayamma said about support .
Sir, people here think support to YSCRP amounts to veto power of not splitting the state in AP, the moment they play games with congress! everyone here lost their hope and credibilty on congress and all political parties, if YSRCP wants to fashion itself as AAP in New Delhi and feel they can have an ally etc. there will be a civil war just like how AP was formed from Madras, you guys want to tear us apart, two kids who speak the same? so that it suits your political needs? shame on YOU!You will never succeed, we are not going to loose our brothers and sisters!
,What does YRSCP gives? and what can it do? you can fool around minor t!hings, but something like tearing away a part of yourself just to make yourselves win? History will show your place

Ah.. Why am I not surprised? Preemptive strike by the monarchy... trying to insulate Pappu from becoming fall guy for Congress's loss! It's all Manmohan Singh's fault! :lol:

I think it would be Chidambaram if the win. They may not do it before the elections though.
fairly simple why RG wasn't selected: he has consistently failed to draw in crowds.
I'm suspicious on congress trying to bring in Nilekani as the PM contender. He has publicly stated his willingness to join politics already.

So we are going back to that failed experiment of duel power center? It's fairly simple...Congress has lost hope of winning this election. Even if miracle should happen, Gandhis wouldn't want to lead from the front & bear the brunt... they would rather control power from behind. That way they are insulated from any repercussion.... & they will find another 'MMS' as cannon fodder!

Who ever runs for the PM position should declare their Net assets worth. Actually every Member of parliament should do that, if not already implemented... I would like to know what kind of assets Mulayam singh yadav has?

Every public servant employed by the central or state govts are required by law (1964 Central Civil Service Conduct Rules) to declare all moveable and immoveable assets owned by them and their immediate family.

Politicians have it a lot stricter. Since a 2002 supreme court judgement, all electoral candidates have to submit on oath, on penalty of perjury, details of movable and immovable assets owned by them, their spouses and their dependents, including liabilities like loans from public sector banks and unpaid bills for public utilities such as electricity, water and telephone connections.

Here are the details Mulayam Singh's assets:
MULAYAM SINGH YADAV(Samajwadi Party(SP)):Constituency- Mainpuri(UTTAR PRADESH) - Affidavit Information of Candidate:

You can find the details for any politician on that website, along with scanned copies of their declaration.

AOommen Chandy are far better PM candidates for the congress than many others,

Chandi as PM candidate ..... :disagree: ...... Please tell me you are kidding .

Check out Kerala's growth and HDI improvements. On every social and economic indicator, Kerala has performed remarkably in the past few years. Indeed, it has been one of the best performing states in the country. Don't let your revulsion for the congress blind you to the facts.

Kerala has been performing better on many indicators for a very long time .

Nothing to do with Oommen Chandy .

Dont ask me lol ask the People of Kerala...

what is the current condition of congress in Kerala ??? :omghaha:

@kurup @nair

The people neither like the congress nor communists .

People are fed up off the both and are still voting for them just because there is no alternative .

And I still have no idea where he got the idea of Chandi for PM ...... :hitwall:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom