What's new

Rahul Gandhi won't be PM nominee, will lead Congress campaign

I dont think Chidambaram will be projected. Congress knows this time they are going to "lose". They put up some low profile guy to take the blame.
How about Murli deora, young candidate, definitely more articulated than rahul.... would make a good candidate for congress makeover.........

Nevertheless, I feel congress should sit in the opposition for 5 years and build it's bench strength...

Hope that doesn't happen, I still think it will be rahul, if congress does decide to be radical it might go with Sonia instead!
Have said it from the beginning, the Gandhi family will not take the top post. the power always lies behind the crown , not wearing it.

Hope that doesn't happen, I still think it will be rahul, if congress does decide to be radical it might go with Sonia instead!

Isn't Rahul the only choice to get more young voters? One of the problems of the Congress is the fact that they are led by too many people of the older generation, which the youth might not be able to identify with.
And if they want to be radical, they might need to replace Sonia with Rahul, to give the party a whole new push into another direction (at least in the public view), what do you think?

Have said it from the beginning, the Gandhi family will not take the top post. the power always lies behind the crown , not wearing it.
Dont want to sound like AAP guys, but the days of crown departed long ago.... the need of the hour is to have the right person for the right job..... I feel the contention in rhetoric is family doesn't have a candidate capable of coherent statecraft for the post....Thus all this behind the crown rhetoric...

How about Murli deora, young candidate, definitely more articulated than rahul.... would make a good candidate for congress makeover.........

Nevertheless, I feel congress should sit in the opposition for 5 years and build it's bench strength...
I think Congress should be completely wiped out. To the last panchayat.

Sachin pilot as PM would raise some eyebrows

Isn't Rahul the only choice to get more young voters? One of the problems of the Congress is the fact that they are led by too many people of the older generation, which the youth might not be able to identify with.
And if they want to be radical, they might need to replace Sonia with Rahul, to give the party a whole new push into another direction (at least in the public view), what do you think?
Sonia will win more votes any gien day s she has proven in the past.... and I don't see rahul winning any youth votes, namo or arvind will take youth votes on anygiven day compared to rahul.....I wonder if rahul will ever engage in a simple debate on amethi with the AAP candidate? or on any platform with any BJP candidate....

mate, apart from chidambaram nobody is competent in congress because the party promotes a culture sycophancy and merit is not a criteria to move up ,loyalty to the family is so is choosing leader keeping caste/tribe in mind.Had a culture of meritocracy been ther chaps like tarun gogoi(3 time cm) would have been promoted instead of digvijay singh
Would you then call kapil sibal or a kamal nath or an anand sharma incompetent? how about jairam ramesh ?:)
The fact is the PC has a high profile job hence is in the limelight.

To attract young voters, they have to project accomplished youngsters. RG's only accomplishment so far is being born in the right family. If that trumps having led a state succesfully for several terms (Oommen Chandy, AK Antony), tackled internal security somewhat succesfully and seen the country through a period of tough economic reforms (PC) etc, then trust me, the young voters are unlikely to be persuaded.

Would you then call kapil sibal or a kamal nath or an anand sharma incompetent? how about jairam ramesh ?:)
The fact is the PC has a high profile job hence is in the limelight.
Kapil Sibal yes, but I do hold very high regards for jairam ramesh and anand sharma....

Anthony, doubtful. Kerala doesn't have that much clout. Honestly AK Antony and Oommen Chandy are far better PM candidates for the congress than many others, since they have served the party for so long, and Chandy seems to be doing a fine job as the CM of Kerala. But I don't expect the congress to recognize merit, electoral compulsions will dictate somebody from the larger states.

They may be feeling hopeless, but they are not feeling suicidal!

LOL on that HAHAHA... He would be soon eaten alive by people of Kerala...

Kapil Sibal yes, but I do hold very high regards for jairam ramesh and anand sharma....
Kabil has had a lot of negative publicity during the anna movement:) but is a nice guy and a brilliant lawyer:)

I think Congress should be completely wiped out. To the last panchayat.
That wont happen, congress will have to give up it's dynastic model and re-emerge as a party of the people, which it used to be back in the day.... In this world every one loves the under-dog... Congress forgot that.... they need to go back to it's roots.... AAP taking a page out of pre 47 congress wiped them out in delhi.... I hope congress learns from this.... stronger political parties will make for a stronger democracy....

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom