What's new

Cold start ho ya Hot start, Hum tyar hain - COAS

what do you expect him to say in a speech? that he is not ready? that he is not proud?.....these speeches are dime a dozen. They just change the name of the country and reuse it again and again.

Reality is this: Pakistani military has to be seriously reformed for several reasons, some of which are:

1) They have never once won a war; they have lost everyone of them! 1947-48, 1965, 1971, Kargil....
2) They have repeatedly failed to serve their country and instead have used a huge proportion of the resources to the point that they are known as an army with a country rather than the other way around
3) They have proven effective only when bombing within Pakistan - but even there they have repeatedly shown no brain. For example in current zaarb operation, they are NOW complaining that the terrorists are running into Afghanistan and thus rendering the operation useless. Their inability to plan and foresee 'enemy' reaction continues to be non-existent
4) The generals of Pak military have shown NO loyalty to their jawans. In 1971 they left 90000 to be captured; in Kargil they even refused to take back many hundreds of slain soldiers in order to show lower body counts!
5) Enormous business interests, land holdings and other commercial enterprises are what the upper echelons of Pak military really use their force for. In order to sustain this fraudulent enterprise they have ensured that any popular civilian leader is put down one way or other, which is why Pakistan does not have a single popular leader who is a civilian.

Pakistani public has no voice and no choice. So mutely simply salute the army chief and pray to China for the next tranche of largesse.

If I am not mistaken, it is the Indian veterans who are on hunger strike for better benefits while Pakistani martyrs, their families and veterans are being honored. See the whole show and decide who has loyalty to what, who cares for whom, who is willing to do more. Take you head out of your A$$ and smell the roses for a change. Hear it directly from the families of our martyrs rather than basing your views on the BS you guys have been fed by your media and government.

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken, it is Indian veterans who are on hunger strike for better benefits while the families of Pakistani martyrs are being honored. See the whole show and decide who has loyalty to whom and who cares for whom. Take you head out of your A$$ and smell the roses for a change.

mqdefault.jpg
Iski naak, iskay dimagh ki tarha saar gaiee hai!

what do you expect him to say in a speech? that he is not ready? that he is not proud?.....these speeches are dime a dozen. They just change the name of the country and reuse it again and again.

Reality is this: Pakistani military has to be seriously reformed for several reasons, some of which are:

1) They have never once won a war; they have lost everyone of them! 1947-48, 1965, 1971, Kargil....
2) They have repeatedly failed to serve their country and instead have used a huge proportion of the resources to the point that they are known as an army with a country rather than the other way around
3) They have proven effective only when bombing within Pakistan - but even there they have repeatedly shown no brain. For example in current zaarb operation, they are NOW complaining that the terrorists are running into Afghanistan and thus rendering the operation useless. Their inability to plan and foresee 'enemy' reaction continues to be non-existent
4) The generals of Pak military have shown NO loyalty to their jawans. In 1971 they left 90000 to be captured; in Kargil they even refused to take back many hundreds of slain soldiers in order to show lower body counts!
5) Enormous business interests, land holdings and other commercial enterprises are what the upper echelons of Pak military really use their force for. In order to sustain this fraudulent enterprise they have ensured that any popular civilian leader is put down one way or other, which is why Pakistan does not have a single popular leader who is a civilian.

Pakistani public has no voice and no choice. So mutely simply salute the army chief and pray to China for the next tranche of largesse.
Lol. Is this what is being fed to the Indians on a platter by their media and establishment? And mango Indians simply accept it without any evidence or proof, without even using any sense?

I don't think there's a need to answer on any of the points, despite almost all of them being senseless and useless which a sensible person wouldn't actually even consider accepting. And, if a person can merely go on and accept a story without any verification or corroboration, I don't think me saying anything would help that silly person.

A word of advice to my fellow Indians. Please come out of the animosity and then ask yourself. Will someone blindly follow institutions? Are the people of Pakistan really that stupid? They've been really arrogant and impatient in kicking people off the leadership, and if even one of the point you say is correct, I suppose some sort of anger or frustration would've been visible within the people of Pakistan against the Armed Forces. These fictitious theories and sham propaganda against the people/armed forces of Pakistan is merely being fed by the establishment of India to degrade Pakistan/Pakistanis/Pakistan Army in the Indian civilians' eyes and is merely mythical.

Pakistan has been on peace terms for quite some time. If you go and ask mango people of Pakistan, they wouldn't speak against India or Indians. If you do vice-versa, I can guarantee Indian Citizens wouldn't do the same. So much hatred in Indians against Pakistanis.

If what you say is true, and Pakistani establishment is like a North Korean dictatorship, every single Pakistani would have anti-Indian sentiments, not watching Indian movies/drama, and having an IP ban for Indian friends over this forum.

We are open minded peaceful people, willing to accept other religions, culture & people, you on the other hand simply are force fed one thing against Pakistanis/Pakistan Army i.e Hatred. (For whatever reasons, Religious Terrorism & Criminals - Living in the Stone Age, etc). Whereas most educated Pakistanis are quite liberal, apart from a few Indian Sponsored Taliban, etc - that are doing the same thing what is actually being fed to you on the other side. (they even live in caves just like stone age!)

It's like India is saying all of Pakistani people are terrorists and Islamic radicals, whereas Pakistan is successfully fighting and defending herself against the radicals inside her at all costs. India is the only one shouting simply as they're the ones wanting to destabilize Pakistan, and have planned and implanted all that rationalization inside of Pakistan, and despite of them failing miserably, they're feeding and fooling it's public that Pakistan and Pakistani Armed Forced are sponsoring terrorism - when in fact they're the ones doing it.

So far Pakistani Establishment haven't fooled the people of Pakistan, nor fed them lies or spread hatred against India/Indians/Indian Culture, so I doubt they'd be doing anything else. Indian Establishment isn't sincere with their own civilians & tax payers, as they've spread tonnes of lies and hatred against Pakistan without any basis or evidence. What else can be expected of them? They're breeding anti-Pakistan robots, as they know they don't have anything to boast of themselves. We on the other hand, are proud of and love our Army, our nation, instead of criticizing and hating Indian Army, or Indians.

Last edited:
Lol. Is this what is being fed to the Indians on a platter? And mango Indians simply accept it without any evidence or proof, without even using any sense?
It is in their nature, they are unable to physically accept anything positive about Pakistan. You can make them reverse their digestive system and eat and defecate from opposite ends; but to have them have a positive thought about Pakistan is impossible. It is sad that we face such neighbours whose majority think of us as lowly animals, even ISIS might have more compassion and respect for their opponents than them.

It is in their nature, they are unable to physically accept anything positive about Pakistan. You can make them reverse their digestive system and eat and defecate from opposite ends; but to have them have a positive thought about Pakistan is impossible. It is sad that we face such neighbours whose majority think of us as lowly animals, even ISIS might have more compassion and respect for their opponents than them.
Saw much of that respect on CST

That was one of the boldest claims from a top man in recent years that I can recall.

DIrectly mentioning concept of cold start and also of a short war, which the Indian COAS recently mentioned....

Direct and precise response, in no minced words.
Exactly what iwas thinking. In years some army chief has spoken so openly abt cold start , and by mentioning it he gave out a clear msg to enemies that we are aware of ur plans and are prepared to counter them. The silence on indian terrorism is breaking.
pretty bold of him to straight up mention it and mock it too by calling it hot start. Ithink there is no such thing as hot start. Errr idont know.

Also mentioning kashmir was important, due to the conflict been stretchd over decades, and then decade long terrorism menace faced by pakistan ,indians had assumed we will forget kashmir. I still remember taunts thrown at pakistanis ,'jo hai apnay paas woh tau tum pakistanio say sambhala nahi jata ,and u want kashmir'. Enough efforts to distract pakistan's attention from resolving kashmir issue. But strangely gen raheel brought things back on track regarding kashmir.

We dont want kashmir we just want them out of oppression. I dont care for any piece of land or water. Isnt it? @fakhre mirpur ?

Last edited:
And your generalisation of Indian populace based on an individual's post is very intelligent.

:tsk:

I expect better, from you at least.

If I am not mistaken, it is the Indian veterans who are on hunger strike for better benefits while Pakistani martyrs, their families and veterans are being honored. See the whole show and decide who has loyalty to what, who cares for whom, who is willing to do more. Take you head out of your A$$ and smell the roses for a change. Hear it directly from the families of our martyrs rather than basing your views on the BS you guys have been fed by your media and government.

That's the difference between IA and PA.

When IA needs something, they ask for it, even if they have to go on hunger strike.

When PA needs something, well they don't ask for anything. They go for coup instead and job done.

I must highlight that the aggravating security situation in Afghanistan is a point of serious concern. We have strong historical and blood ties with Afghanistan and no power on earth can disrupt this relationship. We have made concerted and sincere efforts for bringing peace in Afghanistan but certain inimical forces are bent upon undermining our efforts. Allah willing their nefarious design will never succeed.

@pakistani342

Excellent speech from COAS, now this speech has send panic attacks in India & they are shitting out their dippers with fear.

And your generalisation of Indian populace based on an individual's post is very intelligent.

:tsk:

I expect better, from you at least..
It based on what the majority posts here, I see no respect or even care. Save for a few who cared about the Peshawar attack, the rest were pleasuring themselves at the idea of the death of Pakistani children.

Press Release
No PR276/2015-ISPR Dated: September 6, 2015
Rawalpindi - September 6, 2015:
COAS DEFENCE DAY SPEECH

6 SEPTEMBER 2015-09-06

A TRIBUTE TO MARTYRS OF PAKISTAN

In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent and the most Merciful

Respected families of Pakistan’s martyrs, honourable guests, officers, junior commissioned officers and our valiant soldiers – Assalam o Alaikum

Today’s defence day is of immense significance. 6 September is a day of great importance in our national history. This is the day when the enemy dared to attack our country. In response our valiant armed forces and the nation stood together to successfully defend, and inflict a humiliating defeat on the aggressor. I am extremely proud that today we have amongst us the veterans of that war.

It has been 50 years since 6 September 1965. Over this period, Pakistan has seen many ups and downs. I can say with a lot of conviction that today our country is much stronger and Pakistani Nation more resolute than ever before. This successful journey was only made possible due to the supreme sacrifices of the martyrs and war veterans of this great nation. Let me reiterate that our armed forces stand fully capable to defeat all sorts of external aggression. If the enemy ever resorts to any misadventure, regardless of its size and scale, it will have to pay an unbearable cost

Ladies and Gentlemen; over the past many years, Pakistan is confronted with terrorism and sub-conventional war. Operation Zarb-e-Azb was launched at a time when the forces of disorder were challenging the state of Pakistan. Law and order situation in the country was abysmal and deteriorating. APS Peshawar incident was an inhuman and barbaric act of horrendous proportions. However, the sacrifice of the martyred children and immense fortitude of their parents reinvigorated the national resolve against terrorism. I can assure you that most of the terrorists involved in that incident have already been brought to justice. With the blessings of Allah Almighty and prayers of the nation, armed forces and other law enforcement agencies of Pakistan, through untiring efforts and sacrifice have brought the situation under control, and writ of the state has been well established.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I wish to commend the Pakistani Media, who have unmasked the real face of terrorists, thus playing a critical role in creating national consensus. This was a difficult and complex undertaking. To make this success comprehensive and enduring, all organs of the state will have to earnestly play their part to achieve the objectives of National Action Plan in the earliest possible time. Today I reiterate the resolve that we shall not relent until all terrorists, their financiers, abettors, facilitators and sympathizers are brought to justice.

Through concerted civil-military effort and a great deal of success has been achieved in establishing peace in Karachi and Balochistan. Allah willing, we will continue our efforts to bring these operations to their logical conclusion.

Pakistan China Economic Corridor is of importance not just for Pakistan as well as the entire region. Its completion is a national obligation; and armed forces of Pakistan will fully play their part in bringing this project to fruition.

I salute my patriotic brothers from FATA for their extreme sacrifices. The process of return of Temporarily Displaced Persons has already begun; it is our sincere endeavour that these people are able to get back to their homes as early as possible in order to start a better life.

Our young generation is the prime focus of all our efforts, they are the real embodiment of the nation’s future. Armed forces of Pakistan whole heartedly share the passion and fervor of our youth.

I must highlight that the aggravating security situation in Afghanistan is a point of serious concern. We have strong historical and blood ties with Afghanistan and no power on earth can disrupt this relationship. We have made concerted and sincere efforts for bringing peace in Afghanistan but certain inimical forces are bent upon undermining our efforts. Allah willing their nefarious design will never succeed.

Our national struggle against terrorism has played a vital role for regional and international peace. We hope that the international community acknowledges our extreme sacrifice and would assist us in this endeavour without any prejudice.

It is pertinent to mention that Kashmir is the unfinished agenda of the partition in sub continent. The innocent people of Indian occupied Kashmir are being subjected to injustice and atrocities for over the last seven decades. It should be clearly understood that enduring peace in the region will not be possible without a just resolution of Kashmir. The issue can no longer be put on the back burner. The time has come that Kashmir issue should be resolved in line with the aspirations of its people in accordance with UN resolutions

Ladies and Gentlemen; I am proud to command one of the most battle hardened Armies of the world, which has no prallels. Armed forces of Pakistan are fully capable to deal all types of internal and external threats, may it be conventional or sub-conventional; whether it is cold start or hot start. We are ready!!

In the end, I take this opportunity to once again salute the martyrs and veterans for their unforgettable sacrifice and contribution in the defence of our beloved Motherland. While standing amongst the dear families of martyrs, I reiterate our resolve that we would not let their blood go in vain

Long live Pakistan Army, Long Live Pakistan.

Mods are requested to keep a check on this thread, Please keep it clean. You know what i mean. Thanks!
I was expecting much bigger speech still good one although General Raheel by saying Hot Start or Cold Start gave a clear message to India to bring it on if have gutts.

Although there is bravado in this speech(which is what is required for the occasion). The important bit is that the morale of both the military and nation is at an all time high and cohesive. That in itself is a force multiplier.

well, I think there is some utility to repeating the obvious -- as I said in another post, these links did not emerge today or even yesterday -- but somebody should explain that to the Afghans.

Further Ghani sab used the analogy of Germany and France as two states that were hostile to each other for 6 generations -- however I think that analogy is misconstrued. My knowledge of European history is lacking but I don't know of anytime that Germans took refuge in France in such large numbers or vis-a-vis. France and Germany are comparable states, one is not completely dependent on the other. As far as I know France and Germany do not share a large ethnic groups -- one is the birthplace of the Protest Movement while the other until recently was a catholic nation.

the comparison of Afghanistan / Pakistan is more akin to say Wales and England or possibly Austria and Germany or say East Germany and West Germany.

Ok, this is a bunch of crap. I've read plenty of independent analysis outlining what happened to India in 1965, specially the air-force. Did India win any way? NO. No one win wars these days. Will India win a war in the future? :nono::no:

If India had "won" a war against Pakistan (referring the the real Pakistan, the current one as Indians perceive it), Pakistan wouldn't exist today, just like the Eastern Pakistan. So take your post filled with utter stupidity and read it to 4 kids ages between 6-10 as a bedtime story. May be getting close to sleep, they'll buy it and will close their eyes without thinking too much.

Also, You are saying that what wa the general (Raheel) was supposed to say.... that they aren't ready????

WAIT, arn't you and the entire India complain about how Pakistan Army attacked you EACH time.....and here you are saying they've never won anything before and they are not ready? But...they've STILL attacked you each time, but they've never won.......but they STILL existed and are telling you up front today to try them???? :haha: :closed:

Which one is it? They've attacked you each time or they are NOT ready?? When you and the remainder of India can answer this one question, come back and tell me so we can actually have a debate. Its too open - close, yes-no, not sure drama :crazy:

By the way, shouldn't Modi take trips to Senegal, Columbia, Morocco and Ghana soon? May be he'll get some "strategic alignment" against the Pakistanis from these itty-bitty countries as he got a middle finger from the big boys, including the US, who openly told them that the loss India will take militarily, won't be tolerable by the Indian military itself :omghaha: :rofl:!!

There is no winning in a war with Pakistan, I can assure you of that. AND when it comes to India, they'll fight you in their sleep, awake and in their grave. Just the nature of the rivalry. Fools like you, if existed in a professional institute like the IA, IAF or even the Defense Ministry of India, trust me, they would've tried to do "surgical strikes" and would get a whole lengthy procedure done on them in response. Which would required another response from India and another from Pakistan. And from that point on, seeing a whole lot of Cloud and Dust for the next few decades won't be far fetched!!! There is a reason why majority of the Western analysts call Indo-Pak theater the MOST dangerous region in the entire globe, with both nations crazy enough to probably actually use flash lights.

So my suggestion....? Get off the fake power horse that might throw you off your back and hit you hard with his legs, learn to find ways to start talking between both the countries. Both of you have equally sized dicks and both of you will lose them if you get into a serious dick measuring contest. At the end, just like the Big Daddy USA advised you, talk it out and reduce tensions, open people to people relationships and start the dialogue process. Risking so many people's lives is not a joke and no war should break out.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom