What's new

Cold start ho ya Hot start, Hum tyar hain - COAS

This man will be a legend by the time he leaves office.

I've been saying this since those sit-ins started last year, that Gen. Raheel is the best COAS Pakistan Army could ever get. He's not focused on wanting power, or proving "military is mightier than POS civilians" or ruling the country. He wants to preserve the military honor, he understands the world doesn't want military in power and he understands the system should be democratic. More than anything, both NS and Gen. Raheel have built a very close relationship which was needed to take Pakistan forward.

At this time, the leadership Pakistan needed on both, military and on the civilian end, required to put a foundation in place to grow Pakistan to a modern, more powerful country, is in place. Everyone should support this system that never existed for the past 70 years and enjoy the benefits. Just like Gen. Raheel said, the work being done today, is not for people today who are in their 30's and 40's, it is to establish and protect Pakistan's identify and her stability for future generations to come. What's lost is lost. You can't cry about the past and ignore good work being done for the future.

Time to leave the military and civilian drama in the past. See the good work being done by both, refer to this speech if you have any doubts about Pakistan's future destination, i.e. there won't be a Martial Law, there won't be Civilians vs. the Military, no matter how its perceived in some discussions. Mature, modern and powerful big countries don't do this crap. They work in the best interest of the country and get bigger and more powerful under Civilian rules.

Last edited:
Sir there is a difference, your general talked about possibility of short wars first, Raheel Sharif replied to that threat !!!
I know, you haven't seen what our General has said, nor it will be shown on your media.

The fact is, Both Of them are doing what is in the best interest of their respective Nations

Sometime back, when Raheel started this by calling Kashmir an unfinished agenda even then he was doing it for Pakistan.

Sorry Bro, I have read every word of yours

You are completely right. On all diplomatic front Modi is a loser and Pakistan rules the roost.

Pakistan is in the safe hands of Democratically elected competent politicians and the term Martial-Law is non-existent in Pakistan.

I don't think Modi is a loser. He's secured multi-billion dollar contract from the UAE, which were Pakistan focused and from elsewhere too. So he's gained a lot, millions of Indian citizen's employment secured for 15 years with billions in profit every year? That's some serious diplomacy and win.

But in terms of gaining an edge and a hand over Pakistan, he's failed. The Arabs gave him billions of business but refused to go against Pakistan and form an alliance with him, the Americans openly wrote in the NYtimes and other media outlets that India's attacking Pakistan isn't allowed and it will damage India a lot more than Pakistan. They also don't want Indian careless government to put their investments at risk. I call Indian government careless as since they were the ones resulting in canceling the "talks", that's how they are being perceived. Outside of this situation, India's an obvious bigger power and economy and she has shown her potential to the world through Indian nation's hard work and team effort, something I preach for the Pakistanis to learn and follow. So Modi isn't a loser, he's caused some diplomatic failures with respect to Pakistan.
And yes, there is no chance of martial law in Pakistan. Those days are history. Every institution is working as expected and its Pakistan's turn to grow economically.

That was one of the boldest claims from a top man in recent years that I can recall.

DIrectly mentioning concept of cold start and also of a short war, which the Indian COAS recently mentioned....

Direct and precise response, in no minced words.

First time hearing him live. Even his voice is joosheely!

This man will be a legend by the time he leaves office.

Quite precise, but for him to be a legend, he needs to be EXTREMELY precautions and on his words and actions. Currently he is a legend, and the decisions he made, during his tenure are a first. Never in the history of this country were such bold decisions made, and never has a general been so pro-civilan gov. He needs to watch his moves, and not let anyone else take advantage of him in anyway. The higher a leader goes, the harder he falls. He just have to make sure he stays away from controversies unlike other officials. Historcally, in Pakistan whoever is in the office (mainly the military establishment) they're respected until their tenure is complete and later on cursed and insulted. (Mr. Musharraf, Mr. Kiyani, Mr. Pasha, Mr. Islam) I just hope people don't forget his courage, his bold and precognitive decision making - that will benefit this nation for centuries to come.

When operation Zarb-e-Azb started, quite a huge chunk of Pakistani population including PTI/JI was opposing. Now almost all of the Pakistani people agree that it was a right decision. Due to the results. Just hope he isn't dragged into controversies, and he remains a legend forever and his name is written with golden words in the history of Pakistan.

RESPECT for Raheel Sharif. A spiritual voice, and a zealous personality. Long Live Raheel Sharif. May Allah bless our nation with such patriotic and avid leaders - be it civil or PA/PAF/spc. PN..

This man is setting very high standards for his successors. I do hope he stays chief for atleast 3 more years though. By then alot of things would come on the right track.

This man is setting very high standards for his successors. I do hope he stays chief for atleast 3 more years though. By then alot of things would come on the right track.
Quite the opposite. His standard setting will be permanently cemented if he retires on time. Because that will be the ultimate benchmark; to serve a tenure in an admirable way and move on as required by law.

I don't think Modi is a loser. He's secured multi-billion dollar contract from the UAE, which were Pakistan focused and from elsewhere too. So he's gained a lot, millions of Indian citizen's employment secured for 15 years with billions in profit every year? That's some serious diplomacy and win.

But in terms of gaining an edge and a hand over Pakistan, he's failed. The Arabs gave him billions of business but refused to go against Pakistan and form an alliance with him, the Americans openly wrote in the NYtimes and other media outlets that India's attacking Pakistan isn't allowed and it will damage India a lot more than Pakistan. They also don't want Indian careless government to put their investments at risk. I call Indian government careless as since they were the ones resulting in canceling the "talks", that's how they are being perceived. Outside of this situation, India's an obvious bigger power and economy and she has shown her potential to the world through Indian nation's hard work and team effort, something I preach for the Pakistanis to learn and follow. So Modi isn't a loser, he's caused some diplomatic failures with respect to Pakistan.
And yes, there is no chance of martial law in Pakistan. Those days are history. Every institution is working as expected and its Pakistan's turn to grow economically.

Which contract? Just intent to do business.

Why did you say we need to work hard like the indians? At the end of the day we are not indians and never will be. We have nothing in common with them. Hard work is not exclusive to indians. Besides I as a Pakistani do not want Pakistan to resemble india in anyway whatsoever. You could have more appropriately said that Pakistanis need to work hard like the Germans, Turks or Chinese. It would be more inspiring.These nations are something I and other Pakistanis want Pakistan to resemble.

Quite the opposite. His standard setting will be permanently cemented if he retires on time. Because that will be the ultimate benchmark; to serve a tenure in an admirable way and move on as required by law.
That's another way of looking at it.

usne subha bol dia jo bolna tha :D

Since Nawaz has buiness interests with India and Indian businessmen, he seldom speaks against India @P.K. :)

This picture of glum Nawaz is from today's morning.

ns.png

Last edited:
Which contract? Just intent to do business.

UAE will be buying certain chemicals and stuff from India, which are used in Oil, Gas and Refinery operations, as well as in some construction.

Why did you say we need to work hard like the indians? At the end of the day we are not indians and never will be. We have nothing in common with them. Hard work is not exclusive to indians. Besides I as a Pakistani do not want Pakistan to resemble india in anyway whatsoever. You could have more appropriately said that Pakistanis need to work hard like the Germans, Turks or Chinese. It would be more inspiring.These nations are something I and other Pakistanis want Pakistan to resemble.

You butchered the post to a degree that's irreparable to be frank. You sound cocky and arrogant without any need to be. Compare Pakistan to India and where you have been in the past 70 years. You guys come across so distant and broken on this one forum, let alone as a nation. As a human, you should learn even from your enemy. No one asked you to leave your religion or culture. All humans have similarities, all humans have families, kids, a country, a city and all and they want them to progress. If studying how Indians did it, and adapting some of the things they did globally, which worked, what's wrong with it?

Just so you know, you country will grow on a similar model than India, i.e. based on the labor and the services sector. So all the more reasons to understand how Indian services sector penetrated around the globe and got business in IT, Medical, Engineering and all. Now add their team work and hard work as a nation, you'll see the recipe for success. What's wrong with studying this and adapting some of the key things lacking inside Pakistan?

Give me some concrete facts, instead of none-sense posts that tell me, what is wrong in reviewing the team work and the hard work India, or China or whoever else does, who has been very successful with it??? If you don't study others, Angels won't come down on you and teach you the way when you've been lost for 70 years. Its arrogance like your post above that has kept Pakistan behind. People and countries who study others and find flaws in their approach to something, based on others mistakes are more successful as they don't have to make the same mistakes others made and suffer. I am honestly surprised at the lack of common sense in your post!!

what do you expect him to say in a speech? that he is not ready? that he is not proud?.....these speeches are dime a dozen. They just change the name of the country and reuse it again and again.

Reality is this: Pakistani military has to be seriously reformed for several reasons, some of which are:

1) They have never once won a war; they have lost everyone of them! 1947-48, 1965, 1971, Kargil....
2) They have repeatedly failed to serve their country and instead have used a huge proportion of the resources to the point that they are known as an army with a country rather than the other way around
3) They have proven effective only when bombing within Pakistan - but even there they have repeatedly shown no brain. For example in current zaarb operation, they are NOW complaining that the terrorists are running into Afghanistan and thus rendering the operation useless. Their inability to plan and foresee 'enemy' reaction continues to be non-existent
4) The generals of Pak military have shown NO loyalty to their jawans. In 1971 they left 90000 to be captured; in Kargil they even refused to take back many hundreds of slain soldiers in order to show lower body counts!
5) Enormous business interests, land holdings and other commercial enterprises are what the upper echelons of Pak military really use their force for. In order to sustain this fraudulent enterprise they have ensured that any popular civilian leader is put down one way or other, which is why Pakistan does not have a single popular leader who is a civilian.

Pakistani public has no voice and no choice. So mutely simply salute the army chief and pray to China for the next tranche of largesse.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom