What's new

CNN Special: Inside China's Xinjiang "re-education camps"

A ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, Xinjjaing was brought back from the brink of chaos when bombings and attacks were on monthly if not weekly basis, today's Xinjiang is peaceful, prosperous with booming tourism, it enjoys the highest GDP growth of whole China. Xinjiang has had zero terrorism for many years already, a great achievement.

What happened during the last couples of years around Xinjiang outside China, Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka...terrorist attacks wrecked havoc all aross this general region.

Development needs law and order, that's why Xinjiang became the most developed and wealthiest place in all of central and south Asia, facts speak louder than words.

That's what Afghan kids get

ss-130228-afghanistan-12.ss_full.jpg

That's what happened after a major earthquake hit China's remotest Pamir mountain regions and kids go back to the class the very next day after the earthquake in makeshift classrooms, even makeshift classrooms look way better than what those Afghan kids get. Those Chinese kids and Afgan kids could only live miles away separated by the border.

A ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, Xinjjaing was brought back from the brink of chaos when bombings and attacks were on monthly if not weekly basis, today's Xinjiang is peaceful, prosperous with booming tourism, it enjoys the highest GDP growth of whole China. Xinjiang has had zero terrorism for many years already, a great achievement.

What happened during the last couples of years around Xinjiang outside China, Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka...terrorist attacks wrecked havoc all aross this general region.

Development needs law and order, that's why Xinjiang became the most developed and wealthiest place in all of central and south Asia, facts speak louder than words.

I agree with tackling extremism but I just don’t understand the need for 1m in these camps. Extremism is not that great. Also 90% of Xinjiang mosques demolished, some have been there for 600 years.

I just think China have gone too far with it.

I agree with tackling extremism but I just don’t understand the need for 1m in these camps. Extremism is not that great. Also 90% of Xinjiang mosques demolished, some have been there for 600 years.

That's China bashing propaganda, how can China hold 1 milion Uighurs when the only city (Urumqi) has a populaiton over 1 million in Xinjiang? where can you put them? you are talking about building infrastructure of a mega city.

Xinjiang has more mosques per capita wise than Turkey, check the government report.

The region is home to more than 25,000 religious venues, including 24,400 mosques. On average, there is a mosque for every 530 Muslims, a proportion that is higher than in Turkey, Deng said.

Last edited:

And where do you get these numbers - from lying Uyghur dissidents?!

Those kids stop a PLA military vehicle for a hitchhike on the way home from school in the border region, you can see the trust between the locals and PLA soliders, Do you dare to stop a military car if your parents or siblings were taken by the uniformed guys to a concentration camp? Real life video of kids don't lie.

Last edited:
ISIS is doing all it can to radicalise all Muslims all over the world through internet and local cells. Sri Lanka bombings shows the destructive power of these people. And how many times have we seen the bombs and guns killing innocent people in London, Paris, Sydney, New York, Philippines, Thailand, Bali, Kenya, Egypt etc.

Mind you, the bomb blast, bullets, knives and trucks will continue to be used by these radicalised men, women and children to kill other innocent people.

China is doing its best to de-radicalising the Xinjiang Muslims who have been influenced by local cells of ISIS affiliates. It is their internal affairs to keep the country safe. Those foreigners who don't like this should mind their own backyard from terrorists attacks.

The liberals in US doesn’t accept the existence of radical Islam. That is foolish.

Why do you sympathize with radical Islam ?

You guys seem to be ignoring the fact we have a travel ban on some Muslim countries due to it. Remember all those threads Chinese members on here posted on how the US hates Muslims...

But we are in the open about it. We don’t cry in threads that mention Uighur detentions as fakenews and just false slander by the West. Then later on do a big “oops” and say it is about containing radical Islam.

Last edited:
You guys seem to be ignoring the fact we have a travel ban on some Muslim countries due to it. Remember all those threads Chinese members on here posted on how the US hates Muslims...

But we are in the open about it. We don’t cry in threads that mention Uighur detentions as fakenews and just false slander by the West. Then later on do a big “oops” and say it is about containing radical Islam.
Either Tibet or Xinjiang issue is part of bigger US anti China propaganda scheme, our media doesn't go around churning out tons of articles about how US mistreat blacks and other minorities, how US police shoot innocent civilians and put millions behind bars and so much so with other US problems cause that's not our concern, we don't plan to contain US and cut it down, but that's what US is hell bent to do, fear had make US lose its mind.

Back
Top Bottom