What's new

Chinese diplomat meets Kurdistan Region PM, says Beijing wants to increase investment in Kurdistan

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Chinese diplomat meets Kurdistan Region PM, says Beijing wants to increase investment in Kurdistan
Hiwa Shilani |
54 minutes ago
ChinaMain.jpg

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – In a meeting on Sunday with Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) Prime Minister Masrour Barzani, the Chinese Consul General in Erbil, Ni Ruchi, expressed his desire to develop Chinese investment in the autonomous Kurdistan Region.

During the meeting in Erbil, both sides discussed bilateral relations between the Kurdistan Region and the People’s Republic of China as the Chinese Consul General underlined “the great interest” with which his country views the Kurdish region, a statement from Barzani’s office read.

Ruchi also told Barzani that China had urged its companies “to invest in the region in various fields,” it said.

“The Chinese Consul General confirmed that Beijing University will open a Kurdish language department and that a Chinese language department will be opened at Salahuddin University,” the statement added.

For his part, Prime Minister Barzani “thanked the People’s Republic of China for its interest and willingness to strengthen cooperation with the [Kurdistan] Region.”

ChinaBod.jpg

Kurdistan Region Prime Minister Masrour Barzani (center) during a meeting with Ni Ruchi, the Chinese Consul General in Erbil, Sept. 29, 2019. (Photo: KRG)

China opened its Consulate General in Erbil on Dec. 30, 2014, at a time where the so-called Islamic State was on the rise in northern Iraq.

Diplomatic relations between Iraq and China were established on Aug. 25, 1958. The relationship went relatively smoothly for decades but was complicated by the Gulf War in 1991 and then again during events leading up to the fall of the Saddam Hussein regime in 2003. Relations stabilized in the years that followed and have continued to grow.

https://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/9edcde84-d80e-4d29-a61b-dd9e38cf544c

Good move, independent and powerful East Turkistan is good for the region.
Haha, which country is it good for exactly? All central Asian countries rely on China investments, they all want to be as close to China as possible. As for Turkey's neighbors, probaby no one wants to be next to Turkey.

Haha, which country is it good for exactly? All central Asian countries rely on China investments, they all want to be as close to China as possible. As for Turkey's neighbors, probaby no one wants to be next to Turkey.

Nobody needs to be next to us we will just swallow them up.

Lebensraum what you gonna do about it.

I don't think it got anything to do with Turkey as some Chinese trolls are trying hard to present.

Iraqi Kurdistan is autonomous region of Iraq, Chinese can meet their leadership whenever they want.

Pointless lost money west started investing 20 ago nothing changed they were extremely dependent on Turkey situation is same now and it will be in the future this is for me only trash talk china knows which country is their critical linking point for Belt amd Road also interesting thing is that china policy is that supporting existing state borders

It is not in China’s interest borders of Turkey or Iran to be touched actually that’s the plan of US to destroy Belt and Road so next time when someone post stupid articles like this at least try to be more convincing

Good move, independent and powerful East Turkistan is good for the region.
I can invest in Kurdistan according to Kurdish law. You can invest in xinjiang only according to Chinese law. See the different. :lol:

Nobody needs to be next to us we will just swallow them up.

Lebensraum what you gonna do about it.
See the evils expansion ambition of Turkish.

Pointless lost money west started investing 20 ago nothing changed they were extremely dependent on Turkey situation is same now and it will be in the future this is for me only trash talk china knows which country is their critical linking point for Belt amd Road also interesting thing is that china policy is that supporting existing state borders

It is not in China’s interest borders of Turkey or Iran to be touched actually that’s the plan of US to destroy Belt and Road so next time when someone post stupid articles like this at least try to be more convincing
It's a slow game. Kurdistan are basically autonomous(self arm) and protected by US. Plus they got oil supply which can slowly build up their strength. The Iraq central government are too weak to give a hood about Kurdistan which slowly decentralized from Iraq.

Kurdistan once fully autonomous will break free from Iraq. It may produced an chain effect in the region.

Kurdistan once fully autonomous will break free from Iraq. It may produced an chain effect in the region.
Nobody cares about iraqi government only reason why they can’t because neither Iran nor Turkey would allow it also there are turks in iraq syria and iran what do you think we can’t use the russian example of “protecting” our minority for intervention also pkk will be always another useful excuse for turkish milltary operation

Nobody cares about iraqi government only reason why they can’t because neither Iran nor Turkey would allow it also there are turks in iraq syria and iran what do you think we can’t use the russian example of “protecting” our minority for intervention also pkk will be always another useful excuse for turkish milltary operation
Becos US is there... They are building up their strength. Stockpile large number of kornet - E atgm. I can forsee large number of turkey Kurdish may be crossing the border to join them soon.

I can invest in Kurdistan according to Kurdish law. You can invest in xinjiang only according to Chinese law. See the different. :lol:

See the evils expansion ambition of Turkish.

It's a slow game. Kurdistan are basically autonomous(self arm) and protected by US. Plus they got oil supply which can slowly build up their strength. The Iraq central government are too weak to give a hood about Kurdistan which slowly decentralized from Iraq.

Their oil export is totally controlled by turkey only thing that they have is oil and that is under total control by us if pkk actually succeed in occupying syria all the way to the mediterranean I would’ve taken your argument as serious about oil
I am very surprised that people make comments based on personal hate/lover rather than on facts/realities

Their oil export is totally controlled by turkey only thing that they have is oil and that is under total control by us if pkk actually succeed in occupying syria all the way to the mediterranean I would’ve taken your argument as serious about oil
I am very surprised that people make comments based on personal hate/lover rather than on facts/realities
No , Kurdistan oil supply in Iraq is under their own terms. US is there to do the dirty job of protecting Kurdish. While Chinese pour in money to invest and get more oil. Win win situation for China/US while lose lose for turkey :lol:

Becos US is there... They are building up their strength. Stockpile large number of kornet - E atgm. I can forsee large number of turkey Kurdish may be crossing the border to join them soon.
So they didn’t have kornets earlier now they do have the all mighty atgms what can kornet do against hundreds of drones and f-16/f-4 you should know that pkk and krg maybe have the same dream but are fierce opponents both of them serve turkey in one way or another anyway what is your opinion about the protests in Diyarbakir and other surrounding cities? Would they join too? Hahahahah

No , Kurdistan oil supply in Iraq is under their own terms. US is there to do the dirty job of protecting Kurdish. While Chinese pour in money to invest and get more oil. Win win situation for China/US while lose lose for turkey :lol:
If you are a chinese then I would understand your clear lacking of knowledge in middle east if you are from middle east and claim this then it is no wonder why this region is fucked up

Back
Top Bottom