What's new

Chinese daily says its jet superior to Russian fighter

One of the reasons is economies of scale, i.e., the cost advantages that come with the fall in average cost per unit as the scale of output is increased, read russian + Indian orders for Mig29k.

exactly

this why Russian Navy decided to replace SU 33 with MIG 29 K

China purchased a T-10K prototype from Ukraine, from which it developed into J-15 with its own experience manufacturing the J-11 family. Russian Su-33 is also developed from the same prototype, thus they both have the same parent. However, to say one is copy of another is simply laughable. Nobody would be stupid enough to call your younger siblings a genetic copy of you.

Furthermore, the Su-33 was developed in the late 80's to early 90's. On the other hand, J-15 was developed in the mid 2000's, taking advantage of improvement in avionics and material development since. It's not surprising that it would be superior to its older brother.

However, if this was just an Indian attempt to troll, then let them continue down their path of retardation. Maybe they'll be happier when their exploded boilers are repaired.

1305679353_3.jpg

The distinct nozzle of WS-10A.

This, actually suggests that J 15 is superior to early models of SU 33.

However, SU 33 has received periodic upgrades, thus chances of J 15 being superior to upgraded SU 33s are very low.

s-33 have much larger internal fuel tank. that wiki specs is probably counting based on external fuel tank..

:) su-33 is heavy weight fighter , so they use more fuel ok? rafale weigh less and uses engine of less thrust so they use less fuel , simple .

You don't see a tail hook?

i do see tail hook buddy , just i didnt saw your j-15 in white paint till now.

This, actually suggests that J 15 is superior to early models of SU 33.

However, SU 33 has received periodic upgrades, thus chances of J 15 being superior to upgraded SU 33s are very low.
News flash for you. The Russian navy operates less than twenty Su-33 that were manufactured in the mid to late 1990's, more than a decade old. Furthermore, the production line of Su-33 has been shut down for many years, and the so called "upgrade" models never made it into service.

:) su-33 is heavy weight fighter , so they use more fuel ok? rafale weigh less and uses engine of less thrust so they use less fuel , simple .

show me official specs where rafale has longer range pls? it's all depends on the type and how many weapons it's carrying..

Becos Russian complain of trade deficiency.. So we buy some engine to please you all. :P

No LCA which never inducted will be superior plane of all kind. Hahaha...

You have good sense of humor:)

You have good sense of humor:)
AL-31F and AL-31FN are good engines, and have proven themselves to be reliable over 2 decades of service in China. I don't mind buying those from Russians if we can't produce WS-10A fast enough.

AL-31F and AL-31FN are good engines, and have proven themselves to be reliable over 2 decades of service in China. I don't mind buying those from Russians if we can't produce WS-10A fast enough.

At the moment Russians work on the 117 (AL-41F1) engine:)

At the moment Russians work on the 117 (AL-41F1) engine:)
I don't think China is interested in 117. They need 117S and 99M2 as stop-gap measure until WS-15 is ready.

Back
Top Bottom