What's new

Chinese daily says its jet superior to Russian fighter

DrSomnath999

Reaction score
Country
India
J15-121903_copy1.jpg

China’s new fighter aircraft J-15 is not a copy of the Russian Su-33 and is in fact superior to it, a state-run Chinese daily said Thursday.

On Nov 25, China’s carrier-borne J-15 fighter jet successfully underwent a series of tests on the Liaoning, China’s first aircraft carrier. People’s Daily said the J-15 is equipped with two high-power engines and a brand-new system of high lift device, takeoff and landing device and arrester hook.

Its wing can be folded up to both maintain the excellent combat capability and meet the special requirement of landing on the Liaoning. Featuring large combat radius, excellent maneuvering performance and high bombs carrying capacity, the J-15 has a fighting capability of full sea and full airspace.

The Russian media guessed that the J-15 is a copy of Russian Su-33 carrier-borne fighter jet because its appearance is similar to Su-33.

Geng Yansheng, spokesman of the Ministry of National Defense of China, was quoted as saying that many weapons have the same design principle and some command and protection methods are also similar. “Therefore, it at least is non-professional to conclude that China copied the aircraft carrier technology of other countries only by simply comparison.”

The state-run daily then cited areas in which it says the Chinese fighter is ahead of the Russian jet.

First, J-15 has an avionics more advanced than Su-33. Su-33 is equipped with old-fashioned ARINC429 discrete avionics system of one-way low-speed data bus, while J-15 adopts joint avionics system of bidirectional data bus.

TS-100, the Su-33′s fire-control computer, has a computing speed of only 170,000 times per second, while the J-15′s fire-control computer has an estimated computing speed of over several million times per second, said the media report.

The J-15 owns a much more advanced radar system than the Su-33. Due to its backward avionics system, the Su-33 can only serve as interceptors, and is incapable of air-to-ground precision strike.

The J-15 adopts improved materials and production techniques, and thus has greater strength and lighter weight.

Finally, the J-15 is powered by Taihang (WS-10) turbofan engine, which is more powerful than the Su-33′s engine.

“Overall, the J-15 is superior to the Su-33, and is comparable to world-class carrier-based aircraft such as the United States’ F-18 and France’s Rafale,” the daily concluded.

Chinese daily says its jet superior to Russian fighter | idrw.org

welll the chinese media is saying that J-15 is not a copy of Su33 citing reason that just similar looking doesnt mean copy assuming people would really beleive it and on top of it boasting it is superior to Su 33 & thats not all ,saying openly it is comparable to RAFALE .

i dont have words to express my feeling after reading such things just 1 word
BLAAAHH !!!!:lol:

copy or not all that matters is their capability...i wonder weather are they superior to mki????nybody care to help me??

No one will know if the Chinese claims are accurate or not until they are tested in a real conflict scenario. I have no reason not to believe the Chinese, but like many military followers, I will reserve judgement on them until they have been used in anger. Not that I want China to go to war with anyone though.

copy or not all that matters is their capability...i wonder weather are they superior to mki????nybody care to help me??

As i said in an other thread that these J15s might be superior to the original ones even superior to our very own Mki's but it is not the issue here at all, the main issue is whether these J15s are copy of Su30 or not. As far as capability matters nobody can tell you the real might of them only time will tell.

j15
Performance
Maximum speed: Mach 2.4[26]
Range: 3000 km[27] (1864 mi)
Service ceiling: 20000 m[26] (65700 ft)
Rate of climb: 325 m/s[26] (64000 ft/min)

Armament

1 × 30 mm GSh-30-1 cannon with 150 rounds
Munitions on twelve external hardpoints, including:
8 × PL-12 and 4 × PL-8 air-to-air missiles
Various bombs and rockets
Electronic countermeasure (ECM) pods

su-33
Performance
Maximum speed: Mach 2.17 (2,300 km/h, 1,430 mph) at 10,000 m (33,000 ft) altitude
Stall speed: 240 km/h (150 mp/h)
Range: 3,000 km (1,864 mi)
Service ceiling: 17,000 m (55,800 ft)
Rate of climb: 246 m/s (48,500 ft/min)

Armament

1 × 30 mm GSh-30-1 cannon with 150 rounds
Up to 6,500 kg (14,300 lb) of munitions on twelve external hardpoints, including: 8 × R-27, or 8 × R-77 and 4 × R-73 air-to-air missile
Various bombs and rockets
Electronic countermeasure (ECM) pods

Sukhoi Su-33 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China are not Idiot to strip nake J-15 component by component to prove it right...I dont know if you guys heart the story about Butcher and merchant? different part of China, might have diffrent variant of this same story.

"once day, a merchant went to buy some meat, the butcher without even put the scale to weight and said it's 1 kg? the marchant than asked how he can be sure? The butcher then said base on his daily observation and experience, he is alway right. the merchant don't agree and told the butcher that his jugment is BS and he too can do the same with this kind of guessing judgement, the butcher than said if the merchant can convince him than the meat will be free for him. The marchant than said that the butcher head weight around 2kg, if he don't believe just behead and put it into the scale...The butcher don't have better argument other than just give the meat free to the merchant.

The morale of this story it that you don't have to prove anything. for something impossible, if we insist to prove just for face saving than you will be only end up to be the loser.

China do action, Indian stay by and find the trolling point, then open their big mouth to laugh at.
You know that's indian, can't be changed, but have to say, they always are "happy", and amuse theirself, that's one of few characters that I appreciate.

On the topic:
I didn't want to make the comment, to argue over which is better between SU-33 and J15, you know, SU-33 was made more than 20 years ago, although it is be upgraded by Russian, but compare with J15, with a little military knowledge, and know little the military developement of Russia and China, you can know the result.

Not I look down on Russia, be frankly, They have much could be learned by China, but in some domain, they are behind China.

Also off the topic:
You know, before, in Indian Defence I had read the thread that the indian made Kitchen facilities was elected in indian carrer that be built by Russia, I smile, don't know, such a news is worth be posted? or do india feel shame for it just can supply these for their carrer. only one word, different man, different mind, I don't have qulification to laught at india too.
Forget it, do action Chinese.

So pray why are they still using inferior Russian Engines . Oh Wait let the Tears of Explanation from our Chinese Friends flow .

Back
Top Bottom