What's new

Featured Chinese arrive in Argentina to negotiate sale of 12 JF-17 fighters

I was comparing it more in terms with using a fighter with foreign collaboration to in turn build a totally local built one. What you said before sounded more on those lines. In any case please give sources if any.
No source just speculations on my part

put it in car terms then. When Ford and Mazda shared the Ford Ranger. Mazda didn't sell the Ford Ranger in Mazda showrooms. Mazda made some changes and sold the Mazda B-series.
Geo Metro/Pontiac Firefly/Suzuki Swift...all more or less the same car...Pontiac didn't sell a Suzuki Swift.
This is what everyone constantly sees in the world.
JF-17 is Pakistan's plane (China doesn't buy the JF-17, right?). China should be selling something different.
Result everyone keeps asking, "Why is China selling Pakistan's plane?"
Its not Pakistani plane dude its design ànd DEVELOP by China with a input from PAF if chose by Argentina its sold as same as PAF block-3 so stop trolling saying that China is selling something different from Pakistani version of JFT ànd China also sells it to Myanmar with approval from Pakistan we (China/ PAKISTAN) has a 50/50 share in the project so stop saying that its only a Pakistani plane stop your gibberish

As if Argentina is going to repeat its folly of 1982. How did anyone here assume it is for the Falklands?

As if Argentina is going to repeat its folly of 1982. How did anyone here assume it is for the Falklands?
I guess we only will know if they order DF-21Ds. They can't take UKs carrier battle group lightly.

I believe the sales to Argentina of JF-17 Thunders would include Chinese Air-to-Surface Supersonic Cruise Missiles, in anti-shipping role. That would effectively give Argentina the punch to take on the brits. Although, Argentina should follow-up Thunder purchase with AWACS and EW aircraft. Drones should follow after that. The combination should be good enough for the brits to worry a little more.

China can offer customize version as per their requirements, JFT can carry variety of munitions which will allow them to conduct stand off range missions against enemy, if block-3 is sold to them with PL-15 & PL-10E then even RAF's EFTs will face good opponent as PL-15 hve AESA seeker which Meteor AAM currently dont have (if I m correct).

put it in car terms then. When Ford and Mazda shared the Ford Ranger. Mazda didn't sell the Ford Ranger in Mazda showrooms. Mazda made some changes and sold the Mazda B-series.
Geo Metro/Pontiac Firefly/Suzuki Swift...all more or less the same car...Pontiac didn't sell a Suzuki Swift.
JF-17 is Pakistan's plane (China doesn't buy the JF-17, right?). China should be selling something different.

The JF17 thunder is a joint fighter made by China and Pakistan, JF stands for joint fighter.

Compare it to how the Eurofighter, Typhoon, Rafale jet group worked, works.

They are more or less the same planes. Once the nations get the technology they break into smaller groups and have their product to sell.
France buys the Rafale...Dassault makes and sells the Rafale.
UK....
Germany/Italy/Spain (or whoever they are)....

The country that has a particular version of the plane built is from where that plane is sold from.

Please stop wasting everyone's time. This is the exact reason why I did not and still do not consider your question as honest. Instead, read up on how and where the Typhoon is made, who has what share in the production and profits, and then how the deals were made and by whom.

chinese are selling them a different version of FC-1B3 which is not related to Pakistan in any capacity,

Except that Pakistan will manufacture most of it and assemble all of it.

Last edited:
Easy one QEII class AC with F35's will take care of anything Argentina can throw at Falklands.

China can sell AShBMs with guidance capability from Chinese sensors, UK have poked nose in Chinese matters now China can repay all those.

Please stop wasting everyone's time. This is the exact reason why I did not and still do not consider your question as honest. Instead, read up on how and where the Typhoon is made, who has what share in the production and profits, and then how the deals were made and by whom.

I think of the JF-17 as a Pakistani plane. It is the Pakistan air force that uses it. It is mostly built in Pakistan by a Pakistani company.
You used to fly the Canadair CL-13B Sabre. You also flew the North American F-86 Sabre. Canada didn't design or develop the Sabre, a version was built in Canada by a corporation different from the US version. Plane got a different name...slowly some alterations were made. The USA didn't sell the CL-13B.

From Western/Japanese (F-16 vs F-2)/South Korean thinking....either you'd both share a showroom and sales team or the Chinese would rebrand the plane with a different name and logo.

That's all. I will stop bothering you and being in a place where I am not wanted. I will go away since we cannot understand each other.

I doubt China would sell Argentina DF-21Ds....

They dont have too, a 300km AShBM capable of being launched from Ships like Russian systems which could be deployed from any cargo ship will be more then enough for them.

I think of the JF-17 as a Pakistani plane. It is the Pakistan air force that uses it. It is mostly built in Pakistan by a Pakistani company.
You used to fly the Canadair CL-13B Sabre. You also flew the North American F-86 Sabre. Canada didn't design or develop the Sabre, a version was built in Canada by a corporation different from the US version. Plane got a different name...slowly some alterations were made. The USA didn't sell the CL-13B.

From Western/Japanese (F-16 vs F-2)/South Korean thinking....either you'd both share a showroom and sales team or the Chinese would rebrand the plane with a different name and logo.

That's all. I will stop bothering you and being in a place where I am not wanted. I will go away since we cannot understand each other.
Why you're blabbering baselessly, can any importing country of JFT want a customization on JFT?? Like your example CL-13b in ànd sabre??

China still in the production process, we built mainly 58% of fuselage (wings/ nose come/ horizontal ànd vertical tails) but MID fuselage is China responsibility as well as most of its avionics

You're reported for trolling
Chinese would rebrand the plane with a different name and logo.
Ànd Tell me what they will change for example???

The Canadair Sabres were license built copies of the F-86. Whatever examples that were sold to any third-party were sold with express US consent. The same reason why Pakistan had to buy used Canadian birds via Iran. Ever wondered why Egypt hasn't sold a single K-8? Or Turkey any F-16s? Licensed production is not the system adopted for the JF-17 and the Typhoon by their developers, since the manufacturers own part of the stake. I have given you clear directions on how to and where to educate yourself on the matter. There is terabytes worth of open source material for you to read. Yet, you keep coming back with unintelligent and uneducated false stories to further your agenda; entangling and flame baiting Pakistanis. This is not a battle of fantasies and guesses.

I will not entertain any of this with an explanation. And no, neither of the consortiums, JF-17 or the Typhoon, "broke off into smaller groups and had their product to sell".

Last edited:
On equipment alone UK is 3 generations ahead of anything Argentina can put up.
Even after this deal is finalised UK will be 1.5 Generations ahead of Argentina. That paired with the fact that training and maintenance are shoddy in Argentine military.

China will not only have to first sell these but then maintain and fly them as well to have any kind of threat to UK interests in the region.
You sounds desperate with such self assuring post just to delude yourself.

Back
Top Bottom